Battlefield 1 Open Beta now live

Literally everyone's fucking sniping in this game. Makes both modes a complete camp fest. This is the exact formula that made Battlefront extremely linear.

Why fucking care about objectives when I can just snipe in the back ground and score higher by doing so?

Shit logic by EA

Literally everyone's fucking sniping in this game. Makes both modes a complete camp fest. This is the exact formula that made Battlefront extremely linear.

Why fucking care about objectives when I can just snipe in the back ground and get more score doing so?

Shit logic by EA

The map design likely contributes to the problem. At least my experience with both so far is they are all rather wide open terrains. Like if we compare BF3 Beta's Caspian to BF1's Sinai and Battlefronts Tatooine, the map has much more density in Caspian. BF4's Shanghai of course is on a completely different level. Granted this a strict beta map comparison so far as a wider selection might change. But overall from what I recall in in BF3/4 is all the maps were relatively dense, the only wide open spaces were really for vehicle travel and sniping at those isn't exactly productive.

The other compounding factor, well not so sure yet with BF1 due to lack of play time, is the lack of vehicle effectiveness and other alternative fire (eg. artillery).

I also think the lack of scope type sights could be a contributing factor as well.

So wasn't BF3 designed for the PC first? I remember playing it in beta and was blown away by it. In comparison this feels like a shitty casual game for consoles that was ported to PC. Glad they did this beta because there's no way in hell I'll buy this.

So wasn't BF3 designed for the PC first? I remember playing it in beta and was blown away by it. In comparison this feels like a shitty casual game for consoles that was ported to PC. Glad they did this beta because there's no way in hell I'll buy this.

DICE said it was but we later found out it wasn't. No multiplatform game is made with PC first. GTA V is an example of needing to separate the two processes.
Your exact words were said by many during the BF3 Beta as well. Many people hated BC2 at release. BF needs time to grow on you. People don't appreciate the game until a year later or when the next version is released.

There will be the crowd that wishes the next BF was more like BF1 and DICE fucked it up again. Been here long enough to see the cycles.

I agree, I actually liked battlelog

Because Battlelog was actually awesome and got even better later since it didn't need a plugin anymore.

It was far and away the best server browser they ever made.

XCOM 2
The Witcher 2
The Witcher 3 (assumed)
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Counter-Strike
L4D
(anything Valve)
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament(s)
Diablo
Diablo 3

Probably lots more

Besides the Witcher series, those are very old games. Any recent stuff in the last five years?
Witcher 3 was believed to be PC first but that game ran poorly at launch and received a massive visual downgrade, revealing it was not made with PC first.

I got Half life with the Orange Box on console, which came after PC. Multiplatform, I'm referring to a simultaneous launch on all platforms.

Im actually glad they got rid of battlelog, opening up a web browser to join a server was AID's and a half. It seems like im the only one enjoying the beta? I didnt have that much fun with Bf4 because it was just another modern shooter and the WW1 setting with iron sights only is 100x better. Yeah its more casual than 1942 but thats how every AAA game is going to be nowadays, same thing that happened with Fallout 4. If you want a more hardcore shooter play ARMA or Red Orchestra 2.

already hackers in bf1. :(

I guess that makes sense thou....its a free download right? Just make a temp account, download and play and hack away.

Dood had an aimbot. Was rank 33 and had 156 kills and 2 deaths

clearly origin needs some pc fingerprint banning like OW does, of course they do this in Heroes and Generals and the hackers have found a way to spoof the fingerprint.

worst part about hackers is they feel entitled to do it. It is their software and they can do what they want with it and if you catch them for cheating its because you are illegal spying on their computer.

fuck cheaters.

Just went 27-1

Artillery truck for the win.
OP as hell

6 tank rounds at your disposal, faster than a tank, and can repair while moving. So dope.

already hackers in bf1. :(

I guess that makes sense thou....its a free download right? Just make a temp account, download and play and hack away.

Dood had an aimbot. Was rank 33 and had 156 kills and 2 deaths

clearly origin needs some pc fingerprint banning like OW does, of course they do this in Heroes and Generals and the hackers have found a way to spoof the fingerprint.

worst part about hackers is they feel entitled to do it. It is their software and they can do what they want with it and if you catch them for cheating its because you are illegal spying on their computer.

fuck cheaters.

Exactly why I stopped gaming on PC 5 yeas ago, it will never end. Haven't ran into maybe 1 or 2 since on Xbox and when or if they do its blatantly obvious.

We haven't been able to play hardly at all during this beta. I was hoping they were going to patch some of the more obvious problems but they have not. Only a single person can play in our network, and as soon as someone else tries, it boots the first person in such a manner they have to reboot to play again, (kicking offline anyone else playing). Plus the constant spawning with no weapons/grenades at all. It has been a rough beta so far. I have played probably 12 to 14 minutes and posted six bug tickets/posts.

We haven't been able to play hardly at all during this beta. I was hoping they were going to patch some of the more obvious problems but they have not. Only a single person can play in our network, and as soon as someone else tries, it boots the first person in such a manner they have to reboot to play again, (kicking offline anyone else playing). Plus the constant spawning with no weapons/grenades at all. It has been a rough beta so far. I have played probably 12 to 14 minutes and posted six bug tickets/posts.

Ah jeez that is rough.

I did have that No weapons spawn, but only for the first five - ten minutes.
I restarted the game and it no longer did that.

Last edited:

Have you tried to setup your loadout on the website first? The net connect issues with multiple users in same local is an origin thing I think, their servers suck balls. I sometimes play garden warfare with my kids and it's like 50/50 whether the system will let us all connect.

Will be reinstalling Battlefield 3 when the beta is over. Not that impressed. Don't care for the zooming in and out when re-spawning. Only thing that is ok is the server browser.

Meh.

Why fucking care about objectives when I can just snipe in the back ground and score higher by doing so?

Shit logic by EA

Dead on bullets during blinding sandstorm FTW!

Dead on bullets during blinding sandstorm FTW!

Have you seen the comparison screens / videos where some people have clear weather while their friend in the game with them has a sandstorm on their screen? Apparently the weather is client side right now and really fucked up.

Apologize for linking to Reddit, but I couldn't find the video I saw earlier anywhere.

^^That's hilarious sad, makes ya want to facepalm. They can't even get everyone on the same server/map to have same weather.

Planetside 2 is fun with a group. If you want variety. No real weather but the day and night cycles are the same for all. Good game atm.

This beta doesn't bode well for an eventless launch next month. From the disappearing vehicles/weapons to the weather issues.

Had the vehicle issue happen to me last nite when you press E to get out and you get right back in. After several attempts an enemy saw me and blew up truck and killed me so that is one way to exit the vehicle!!!

Had the vehicle issue happen to me last nite when you press E to get out and you get right back in. After several attempts an enemy saw me and blew up truck and killed me so that is one way to exit the vehicle!!!

The first time I popped into the game, I had no loadout, no guns, no jack. I noticed a sniper on the hill and he saw me too. Talk about being a fish in a barrel.

I've noticed a few bugs. Have not had the no loadout bug though. I've seen random textures floating in the air though, and I've been stuck behind some machinery once

I have also seen an enemy player floating above the ground as he is hauling ass without running shooting folks. Not sure if it was a bug or some fuck cheating.

I have also seen an enemy player floating above the ground as he is hauling ass without running shooting folks. Not sure if it was a bug or some fuck cheating.

I think its the way the textures are, its a giant texture map and we're not actually walking on a surface more like floating skimming on the surface. I noticed that sometimes I am moving on top of shit instead of around and over it.

I'm getting good Framerates with my 1080s, Well 1 of them. I havnt tried to force SLI yet. With my 6850K @ 4300mhz , 1 1080 overclocked to 2000 core, 3440X1440 res, game at max settings and Resolution scale at 50% I'm getting 60Fps to 74Fps, if I drop it the scale to 42 I get mid 70s to 80 with 1 card. Why did they make the resolution scale slider so confunsing??? Start at zero as a baseline, I had to Google it to find out that 2% is baseline. Anyways I cant wait for SLI support to really scream.

I'm getting good Framerates with my 1080s, Well 1 of them. I havnt tried to force SLI yet. With my 6850K @ 4300mhz , 1 1080 overclocked to 2000 core, 3440X1440 res, game at max settings and Resolution scale at 50% I'm getting 60Fps to 74Fps, if I drop it the scale to 42 I get mid 70s to 80 with 1 card. Why did they make the resolution scale slider so confunsing??? Start at zero as a baseline, I had to Google it to find out that 2% is baseline. Anyways I cant wait for SLI support to really scream.

SLI didn't work for me with the latest drivers, I had to roll back to my previous drivers. Works fine after that. Getting ~110-144 FPS at Ultra settings 2560x1440 42% resolution scale.

Does everyone have binoculars? or only certain classes?
I think the scout class only has them.
You have to keep your cursor on them for a few seconds to light them up. It does not stay up for long.
If you want to actively spot you need to actively spot. You do get goods points thou if people kindly respond and kill the dorks!

I didnt like how my 290 felt in dx12.

I hope we see some mgpu for dx12 could be a boom for the rx480

I love this game, more so than the last few BF crap from EA and the last decent one was BC2. Haven't encountered any hackers directly but always see the Fairfight console anticheat banning potential hackers in my games. I only play Rush mode though, just because you can snipe or a bunch of snipers are camping doesn't mean an automatic win, though I do find people in the artillery trucks camping at Obj A or B when you need to plant on the offensive team a bit annoying. The Support class weapons are shit though and vastly underpowered imo.

I can actually snipe in this game. I suck at sniping usually. The tank is pretty fun also. I feel guilty killing the horses but not the enemy. Why is that?

I will give it a 7/10.

I'm not really a fan of the game. I skipped BF4 but BC2 and BF3 are my favorite two run n' gun shooters ever respectively. I pretty much solely played medic in those two games. The medic in BF1 is god awful in comparison.

I'm not really a fan of the game. I skipped BF4 but BC2 and BF3 are my favorite two run n' gun shooters ever respectively. I pretty much solely played medic in those two games. The medic in BF1 is god awful in comparison.

I had a lot of fun with the medic once they unlocked all the items. Some of those marksmen rifles along with the healing crate that heals everyone around it slowly made me very hard to kill. Had a few 3+k/d matches with them, I found the game very boring with the starter weaps.

Have you seen the comparison screens / videos where some people have clear weather while their friend in the game with them has a sandstorm on their screen? Apparently the weather is client side right now and really fucked up.

Apologize for linking to Reddit, but I couldn't find the video I saw earlier anywhere.
That pisses me off to no end, but I can hazard a guess as to why they did it this way.

Anyone remember the Gulf of Oman remake map from BF4 only? I'm not including BF2 or BF3 versions. That map was a laggy mess for quite a while when the sandstorm triggered. I lost count of how many months and how many patches (both server and client side) that it took before that was fixed. Even then a small minority of people still got lag when it happened, mostly due to graphic issues and/or drivers.

However, their proposed solution to this in the latest battlefield game only compounds the problem.

I had a lot of fun with the medic once they unlocked all the items. Some of those marksmen rifles along with the healing crate that heals everyone around it slowly made me very hard to kill. Had a few 3+k/d matches with them, I found the game very boring with the starter weaps.

My favorite playstyle was shotgun medic in the past. Balls to the wall always sprinting, shooting, reviving or capping. That didn't really seem possible in the new one. Is there a shotgun or close range gun available for the medic class through unlocks? Additionally I would kill for a rework of the revive system that's currently in place. No hud icon and quick respawns make reviving a pain.

My favorite playstyle was shotgun medic in the past. Balls to the wall always sprinting, shooting, reviving or capping. That didn't really seem possible in the new one. Is there a shotgun or close range gun available for the medic class through unlocks? Additionally I would kill for a rework of the revive system that's currently in place. No hud icon and quick respawns make reviving a pain.

I'm hoping for a shotty as well, we could only see half the weapon list so and I have no idea if a full list has been revealed

You didn't note the best comment, "just take off the ring." Haha.

Seriously though - that's a huge problem.

Back