Battleborn Launch Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gearbox Entertainment put out a new Battleborn launch trailer today for those of you interested. Speaking of interest, by a show of hands, how many of you plan on picking this one up next week? I'm still on the fence with this one.

I played the beta when it felt like an alpha, so it very may well be totally different now, but it was extremely underwhelming. The Overwatch beta was tremendously more enjoyable.

It looks soooooooooooooooo slow for an FPS. How long has this been in dev? It looks like a cheaper rip off of the Overwatch beta

So this is basically Borderlands meets Serious Sam?

Last edited:
Looks & sounds like a Borderlands clone.

To me is misses everything that makes borderlands fun, tried the beta, did not like it at all, every char looks so bland, like they tried to make them as generic as possible. Gonna skip this one, will give the overwatch beta a try when it comes up see if I like that one better.

With the Overwatch beta being open to pre-orders next week and the game launching within the month... that's going to take up most of my gaming time.

So this is basically Borderlands meets Serious Sam?

No. This isn't Borderlands. This is a MOBA.

Personally I find the kiddie/pixar/disney art style of this and Overwatch a real turn off.

Not interested at this point. Maybe a buddy will buy it and con me into playing it for 5 minutes with them as usual.

It looks insanely slow paced...

Doesn't really matter though, haven't bought a Gearbox game since I sunk $60 into DNF.

I will never trust Randy Pitchford again.

Doesn't really matter though, haven't bought a Gearbox game since I sunk $60 into DNF.

I will never trust Randy Pitchford again.
I played Duke Nukem Forever. It was more offensive than bad, and DEFINITELY not worth the $60 at release date. I ended up picking it up as one of Amazon's $10 "Crazy Action Packs" which also included Borderlands GOTY and Darkness II. Of course, there is always Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Battleborn... Not interested for $60. Poke me again when it hits either $20 or Humble Bundle. As for Overwatch.... Not interest for $60. Poke me again when it goes on sale on Blizzard for less than $20. But, then again, search my past posts, and I think my common theme is that practically all games are not worth the $60 at release date.

Looks like a terrible attempt to ripoff Overwatch, which is a ripoff of TF2, but I'll allow it since TF2 could use new content and Overwatch is sufficiently different that it looks fun anyway.

split-screen co-op you say?! .. .I'm game! .. looks like it will be fun to play with both my daughter and wife. The very reason why I didn't get Halo 5 is the reason why I'll be looking for this as a digital download (I hate messing with discs) .. Split Screen Co-Op!

The earlier vids I saw - some time back - were more interesting and had me mildly interested.

Not my normal genre of game but dont want to not try something out of the ordinary from time to time.

I wonder if the game has changed or is this just a sucky intro?

This is Titanfall for the Moba crowd. Personally, I loved it, and will likely be picking it up day 1. The PVE was where it's at for me, but the PVP looks like fun. I was a huge fan of Monday Night Football and this seems VERY much the same.

I'm in.

It also looks fantastic, fwiw.

I'd buy if it was less expensive. I enjoyed the beta. The humor is very Borderlands-esque and I like the co-op. Seems like it could get stale, though.

Standard video game pricing in case you didn't get the memo

That's standard pricing for full fledged games. When I look at something like Battlefield, that is a full fledged game. This seems more like they used some extra time to throw together a crap shoot. If I were interested in this game I might pay $10 for it.

There's a whole slew of these types of games coming out and I think this is the only one above $30.

That's standard pricing for full fledged games. When I look at something like Battlefield, that is a full fledged game. This seems more like they used some extra time to throw together a crap shoot. If I were interested in this game I might pay $10 for it.

There's a whole slew of these types of games coming out and I think this is the only one above $30.

After checking out a Battleborn stream tonight I can't disagree with you. Was ready to fall asleep.

Played the Alpha and open Beta but didn't like it. Didn't really grab my interest.

MMO/MOBA shooters is the worst thing that could happen to my favourite genre. Fucking hell.

This /\ /\ /\

Its like hyundai saw the pricing models on ferrari and decided they could price their cars the same way...

Overwatch will get my time, not Battleborn

Back