Battleborn DLC Next Month

wish this game would have done better - it was a ton of fun for the first month it was out and then it was just a total dead zone

Game had potential but they picked a terrible release window and the marketing was garbage. Also felt very unpolished during the open beta which put me off. Also Overwatch.

Art direction was terrible too. Looks like a Chinese knockoff of Overwatch.

At least they are still supporting it. Most devs would have left the players that paid their hard earned cash high and dry and moved on to the next thing.

Game had potential but they picked a terrible release window and the marketing was garbage. Also felt very unpolished during the open beta which put me off. Also Overwatch.

It felt like after they announced their game overwatch was then announced and the battleborn group threw their hands up and said 'screw it'.

The game was fun for sure but with the launch of overwatch so close I chose that one instead. It is like high profile movies coming out a weekend apart, people end up choosing one or the other, with a longer time frame many will go see or play both.

I also agree with marketing, too many people compare the games to eachother when they are actually very differnent, but without playing it, they really do appear similar. This is a failure of marketing as it did not communicate to consumers what this game is.

The main issue with this game is that it's grindy, and people today hate games that have too much grind in them. OverWatch isn't the same game as BattleBorn, but OverWatch does remove the grind and gets straight into the gameplay, however short lived that is.

Also, DLC? I've never bought DLC based solely on principle. But DLC does bring about discounts to games. I loved it how I bought BorderLands 2 for $5 and they expect me to pay $15 or more for DLC crap. I have Skyrim and still haven't bought their DLC. Also DLC for a multiplayer game is just brilliantly dumb. Especially cause the game didn't do so well to begin with. You risk segregating your player base between those with and without DLC. Of course not as many people buy DLC, so those who do get DLC content will find themselves with less players to play with.

The main issue with this game is that it's grindy, and people today hate games that have too much grind in them. OverWatch isn't the same game as BattleBorn, but OverWatch does remove the grind and gets straight into the gameplay, however short lived that is.

Also, DLC? I've never bought DLC based solely on principle. But DLC does bring about discounts to games. I loved it how I bought BorderLands 2 for $5 and they expect me to pay $15 or more for DLC crap. I have Skyrim and still haven't bought their DLC. Also DLC for a multiplayer game is just brilliantly dumb. Especially cause the game didn't do so well to begin with. You risk segregating your player base between those with and without DLC. Of course not as many people buy DLC, so those who do get DLC content will find themselves with less players to play with.

So much this!

Everytime I have purchased DLC for a multiplayer game (other than like warcraft but that is different) I have found myself in a smaller pool of players. This causes me to either never see the new maps in the rotation or really long wait times when forcing to play a new map. So now I do not bother with it anymore, when most people just play the base game.

I don't know about grind; Battleborn is supposed to be an FPS based MOBA akin to games like Smite. Each game mode you essentially start off fresh and have to gain experience to level up your character, a typical characteristic of all MOBAs.

At least they are still supporting it. Most devs would have left the players that paid their hard earned cash high and dry and moved on to the next thing.
Is this free DLC, cause if not, I wouldn't call this "still supporting it".

So much this!

Everytime I have purchased DLC for a multiplayer game (other than like warcraft but that is different) I have found myself in a smaller pool of players. This causes me to either never see the new maps in the rotation or really long wait times when forcing to play a new map. So now I do not bother with it anymore, when most people just play the base game.
Expansions are different in that you pay more for what is essentially another game. You're essentially getting a lot more game for less money. Hence why WoW expansions work. DLC is like a shitty quest they add to the game with new things here and there thrown about. I'm surprised Fallout 4 adds DLC when there's mods that do the same thing if not better.

Is this free DLC, cause if not, I wouldn't call this "still supporting it".
This is a great way to kill off your player base. The game failed, and they know it. The DLC is a quick money grab before the game is left for bit rot.

I loved it how I bought BorderLands 2 for $5 and they expect me to pay $15 or more for DLC crap. I have Skyrim and still haven't bought their DLC. Also DLC for a multiplayer game is just brilliantly dumb.

No offense but, optional content is optional. If you got BL2 for $5, count your blessings - its a fantastic game.

It's like people forget videogames are a business. I swear if AAA games were 99 cents people would still find a reason to bitch.

Last edited:
I play co-op with the wife and friends from time to time, I think it's pretty good. Tried multiplayer a few times, and gave up after 15min of waiting for players each time. So I guess I'm one of the few people playing it. Bought it for $10 though, and it was definitely worth that.

gearbox just seems to have gone downhill after borderlands. just lots of poor decisions.

Back