• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Battery Backup Question

Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
902
Hi I've got an older Battery Backup which is what I use for my computer. is it recommended to hook up the ethernet cable to it? Would it slow down my internet connection? is it best to just hook it up directly from the cable modem to the computer instead of the Battery Backup?
 
You should plug the Ethernet connection into the UPS. Your internet connection will be just as fast. The UPS will cause some finite signal degradation, but you should not see a performance problem with it.
 
Hi I've got an older Battery Backup which is what I use for my computer. is it recommended to hook up the ethernet cable to it? Would it slow down my internet connection? is it best to just hook it up directly from the cable modem to the computer instead of the Battery Backup?
Lightening & other spikes can come through the cable also, so put everything through the UPS, it won't hurt a thing!:)
 
Back
Top