Batman: Arkham Knight

OsiViper

Weaksauce
Ok I have a question..
I got the Limited Edition PS4 Batman Arkham Knight edition as a gift.

I have never played the other Batman Games: Asylum, City or Origins. Should I get those 3 and play them first? Or is there not a lot of story tying in the series?

Thanks!

The story assumes you've played the other two, but it should stand well on its own.. I would recommend playing at least the two other Arkham games simply because they're fantastic.

It helps to know the story of Asylum and City. Origins has a fun story but you can safely skip it and not worry about missing much. Origins is canon to the other games but the few references to it aren't plot critical.

Wow. Only been playing for about an hour and so far I'm liking Asylum

I recently replayed Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...enjoyed it just as much as I did when I first played it...the Arkham games are amazing (moreso if you are familiar with the comics and/or Bat mythology)

I'm busy right now but I did start replaying Arkham City recently. Such a fantastic game.

I wanted to mention that although Origins is not as awesome as Asylum and City (both fantastic games), it is still a very very solid Arkham game. If anyone who has enjoyed Asylum and City as thoroughly as myself, never played Origins because of its bad rep, you are doing yourself a disservice. Yes there were issues at launch (which have been long fixed by now obviously) and yes it was not made by Rocksteady. It is still a great Arkham game nonetheless.
I would give Asylum 9/10. City 9.5/10. Origins 8.5/10 and Knight so far (25% in) 10/10 (not getting annoyed by the Batmobile yet so nothing bad to say for now lol).

Back