Batman Arkham Asylum $0.99 at OnLive

limitedaccess

Supreme [H]ardness
The deal is not live yet, but will be soon. Onlive is running a promotion where they will offer Arkham Asylum for 99 cents (via a coupon code) once they reach 45000 facebook likes before September 6th (it is already at 44.1k last I checked). Deal will last for 3 days after it unlocks.

https://www.facebook.com/OnLive?sk=app_193542757379387

For those that don't know, be aware that it is OnLive, which isn't a traditional digital distribution service. You basically play the game remotely and it is streamed to you.

Wow interesting concept... streaming games. I'll buy it for $0.99 just to see how that performs.

They have no idea how much they would make if they just had a webos app... droolz.....

oh and wireless controls. because gaming on a tablet sucks.

its awful... I tried Red Faction when it was free. Worse than playing on a console...

Wow interesting concept... streaming games. I'll buy it for $0.99 just to see how that performs.

They actually have demos as well of games, which work different than traditional demos, you actually get to play the full game but for a limited time. This means there are actually demos of games that don't have demos.

They have no idea how much they would make if they just had a webos app... droolz.....

oh and wireless controls. because gaming on a tablet sucks.

I believe they are adding a client and support for Android and iOS.

It looks good on a TV or projector when sitting a couple feet back but on a computer screen the image quality is not great. If you live within a couple hundred miles of a data center then the input lag is pretty decent. It feels like you're playing with vsync on which is really amazing if you think about how this system works.

Get the microconsole. I hooked it up to the same HDTV and compare the visual quality of the HTPC and the resolution is noticeably higher. Thru the MC, it looks like the 360/PS3 game. But it also demands higher bandwidth (and have slightly more graphical hiccups).

You need to enter billing information first apparently before the code will work (judging from comments). Be aware there is no way apparently to remove billing information directly (maybe through support?) so this may or may not factor in your decision to use the service.

One big problem I have with this service, I noticed its streaming at 750KB/s (roughly 2.7GB per hour) so if you have ANY bandwidth cap, playing games via OnLive is going to absolutely wreck your cap unless you just play very casually.

You need to enter billing information first apparently before the code will work (judging from comments). Be aware there is no way apparently to remove billing information directly (maybe through support?) so this may or may not factor in your decision to use the service.

...and they don't take Amex... Yeah, going to skip this one. Already have B:AA on disc and it's not like I can't run it...

They actually have demos as well of games, which work different than traditional demos, you actually get to play the full game but for a limited time. This means there are actually demos of games that don't have demos.
That was the feature that got me to try it out a while ago, not a bad service if you don't mind lower quality settings.

Back