Bathroom demarc

Fint

[H]ard|Gawd
This isn't my bathroom, but its so funny I had to share it.

bathroom-demarc.jpg

You haven't been in the business until you have had to stand on top of the toilet to access the phone wiring :)
One job I worked on, the phone system and wiring was in one room, but all the lines came in, where else, but a closet in the bathroom.

Sadly, our phone system is in the bathroom, it's a completely open office originally built in 1910 and the only enclosed room is the bathroom. When we moved in the basement had 3 inches of standing water and so we opted to put it in the bathroom on the main floor instead of the basement. I have a few pictures somewhere of the PBX vendor sitting on the toilet programming away on a laptop. It's rather funny. Heck, up until about 6 months ago we also had 3 servers in there.

One of my biggest customers has multiple sites, the smallest site's fiber demarc is above the toilet in the lady's restroom.

At least when you gotta go, you can still remain connected.

I can just hear "Boom Headshot" come from the bathroom stall.... :D

we had phones in the toilets in my last place, people used to always rip the phones off the walls by accident. You should never push to hard!

*visualises dropping expensive networking equipment into toilet*

When I first saw this thread, seemed amusing, a demarc in a bathroom, quite novel; its more of what followed that really got me laughing.

I can just hear "Boom Headshot" come from the bathroom stall....:D
and
we had phones in the toilets in my last place, people used to always rip the phones off the walls by accident. You should never push to hard!

I will never again complain my life is in the crapper! Not when you run the risk of dropping not only the kids off at the pool but your expensive equipment like RoBo visualized.

Not bad really, the worst I have had is for a restaurant where the phone line comes into a little room right where the main vent hoods exit the building. Might not sound bad...but then you have never seen vent hoods for an older restaurant.

The whole area is just covered with old used grease that has been dripping out of the vent hoods :eek:

What's that in the toilet?

bathroomdemarc23pk6.jpg

I could just see the network going down and you have to go in there but someone's having the squirts and won't let you in for a good hour.

Back