Being new to this, I seem to have a particular problem with demo programs that i've downloaded. 9 out of 10 cant install.Error messages like batch file error or file corrupt appear when i try to install.Im using WinXP all current updates,i have zonealarm,avg free,nvidia firewall,ad aware,spybot.I also have a genius webcam installed.
I was using Norton Internet Security before and i thought that might be the cause but after uninstalling, i still have the same problem.Is the nvidia firewall the likely cause?
I use Limewire, which seems to hang after a while,it says there is no connection to the Internet.Big files seem to be corrupt after downloading too.I downloaded bit Comet the other day,yay ..it works for a little while, but it keeps causing my pc to reboot after a short while,it says there is a driver conflict.Im reluctant to update my video.sound card.etc..drivers for fear that they might fail to install because of the problems that im having. My divx player cant run/load..even after i unistall it and install a new version
Firefox cant update..the update option/resume is greyed out.tho i have no problems downlaoding extensions to it..Sometimes the picture/s on web sites appear discolored .all mixed & all over the place too.. The strange thing is that Windows update works most of the time..9 out of 10..lol..no real problems with ad aware or spybot either xcept for a few minor cock-ups.I think thats about all..
Any ideas to possible causes? I really dont want to reformat but will if i have to.Thanks
My sys is AMD x2 3800,2 GB Corsair Ram,250 Maxtor SATA,Seagate 20 gb ide,Sound blaster xi-fi gaming,Ledtek 7900gt,Lg Dvd rom,Benq DW1640 Win XP Home

I was using Norton Internet Security before and i thought that might be the cause but after uninstalling, i still have the same problem.Is the nvidia firewall the likely cause?
I use Limewire, which seems to hang after a while,it says there is no connection to the Internet.Big files seem to be corrupt after downloading too.I downloaded bit Comet the other day,yay ..it works for a little while, but it keeps causing my pc to reboot after a short while,it says there is a driver conflict.Im reluctant to update my video.sound card.etc..drivers for fear that they might fail to install because of the problems that im having. My divx player cant run/load..even after i unistall it and install a new version
Firefox cant update..the update option/resume is greyed out.tho i have no problems downlaoding extensions to it..Sometimes the picture/s on web sites appear discolored .all mixed & all over the place too.. The strange thing is that Windows update works most of the time..9 out of 10..lol..no real problems with ad aware or spybot either xcept for a few minor cock-ups.I think thats about all..
Any ideas to possible causes? I really dont want to reformat but will if i have to.Thanks
My sys is AMD x2 3800,2 GB Corsair Ram,250 Maxtor SATA,Seagate 20 gb ide,Sound blaster xi-fi gaming,Ledtek 7900gt,Lg Dvd rom,Benq DW1640 Win XP Home