Bass redirection : Audigy 2 ZS

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
I noticed an option in the A2ZS CP called Bass Redirection...should I enable it? If so, what should I set it at? I have 5.1 Klipsch Ultras...thanks!

Bump! My friend said it should be set @ 100Hz...is this right? Also...why doesn't subwoofer volume do anything ?

You don't need it to enable it at the soundcard. Your speakers already do it.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Why is that? I've noticed I can't adjust anything to do w/ the sub

If you figure that question out, please tell me, because I'm in the same boat. As far as I can tell, the only sliders related to bass that work are the slider for bass response on the mixer console [which muddies up the bass immediately when you turn it up a bit] and the the crossover frequency selection, which again muddies up the bass if you set it too high [which makes sense anyways, not debating that]

The bass redirection amplifies or descends the bass level, imo i'd leave it alone. It's mainly used for controlling how much "thump" comes out the subwoofer, experiment with the bar a bit.

If you move it up and down during a song you'll see what it does first hand. Also with the creative labs control panel you're able to Modify : Bass, Bass Redirection, Bass Boost / level and cut off frequencies.

RailGunRiz said:
The bass redirection amplifies or descends the bass level, imo i'd leave it alone. It's mainly used for controlling how much "thump" comes out the subwoofer, experiment with the bar a bit.

If you move it up and down during a song you'll see what it does first hand. Also with the creative labs control panel you're able to Modify : Bass, Bass Redirection, Bass Boost / level and cut off frequencies.

I can't control Bass Bost/Cut off freq....

The whole screen is greyed out

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I can't control Bass Bost/Cut off freq....

The whole screen is greyed out

Same here, not sure why. Where the hell is Donnie27 when you need him? :D

If your sats aren't able to handle the bass notes, you have to redirect the bass up ton max 200 kHz, inorder to enhanced bass level espcially in watching movies or playing the games.

Soundblaster: I think that that point is understood, but it would have been nice for Creative to allow separate crossovers for each speaker. My mains are good down to 40hz, my center and rears to about 60hz.

Back