basic OC gone wrong need help FAST! >_<"

newtype

n00b
I finally decided to put windows on my linux box. (big mistake)

So I decided to OC it and play with it a little seeing as how I'm planning to do the same with my next project.

Anyway, it's a Barton 2800, 333 bus, on an Asus A8n7x Nfroce 2, With budget Mushkin 400 ram, and a Saphire 9600 XT 256.

I set the bus to 175 (stock voltage) but was getting artifacting (it was running stable for 4 days the artifacting occurted just today) . Slowed it down to 173, saved the bios and now it woln't boot. Any solutions ?

aarondavis121 said:
You should have a CMOS Reset jumper on the motherboard, it will reset all bios settings

You don't happen to have a link with pics or something <_<"

newtype said:
You don't happen to have a link with pics or something <_<"

teh jumper should be close to where the mobo battery is. heck you could just pull the battery out and re-insert it, that would do the trick.

There's also a CMOS battery you can remove for 10 seconds to get the same effect as resetting the jumper.

Thanks I got it all done and now the comp is all personalized and chicked out and ready for my girlfriend to use (for what ever evil deads she has planned for it). It's sorta a valentines gift so it had to be done before she gets home from work ;) .

Back