Basic Basic Vista Questions

I browsed through the FAQ and found most of the answers I was looking for. Kudos to those threads :D

I have a few more though.

1) When I upgrade from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit will I need to reformat any slave drives I have? I wasn't sure if the way the hard drives communicated with the OS was any different or what-have-you.

2) I mainly just play games on my computer and do generic other stuff for school. Should I stick with Home 64-bit version of Vista?

3) I currently have 2gb of memory and was wondering whether I should start adding more memory if I wanted to keep the performance I am getting with XP. I am NOT talking about in-game performance, just general operating system performance.

Thanks in advance!

1. Nope. Just the system drive. All slave drives will continue to operate as usual.
2. Sure. As long as you don't need any of the features of Ultimate or Business, go for it. As long as you aren't in a domain, you really don't need the others. Most Ultimate Extras are available as third party products, now.
3. Not really. But, the more the merrier! :) 2 GB is more than enough for good OS performance. But, adding more will allow you to do more!

1. No, but disconnect them from the system until you have Vista installed.
2. Gaming performance is the same across all versions of Vista. Buy the one that fits your needs.
3. 2 GB would give you great performance now, but with current prices, why not jump to 4 GB and Vista x64?

Back