Basic 2.0 desktop speakers with decent bass

evanesce

Limp Gawd
I'm not looking for a 2.1 with subwoofer, but do any 2.0 speakers stand out above the others in regards to the bass output?

I'm looking relatively low cost also, no more than $20. I can also go used, if you know of something out there that is popular or something. Thanks!

It's motherboard integrated audio from a Dell Desktop PC. I don't mind powered speakers. I think actually powered is a must :)

to do much at this price that isn't going to sound like tinny bullcrap..

used.. and that is going to take patience and luck (and Ideally a bit of deskspace)

I can do it with a few of my estatesale / pawn store / thriftstore finds

for example I have a pair of Realistic Minimus 77 speakers ($10) and a Nikko NR-750 receiver $10

this combo actually sound REAALLY good for $20

or in my case I also have Monitor Audio Silver S1 speakers I got for $11 =p (good luck anyone matching that price however ...pretty much ever)

i got mine for $11 cause they looked like this when i got them

they look like this now..

here is my Nikko receiver (love this little guy 55WPC)

as far as powered pc speakers that are just simply not worth the bother @ $20~ price point... man good luck... my vote make room for used/ vintage stereo gear and hunt around, or save up money for something decent...

atarione is on the right track here, thats why I asked how you were driving them. Just get some old home theater gear at a garage sale, I routinely sell my old stuff for pennies on the dollar.

$20? How about not go out to lunch for a few days and save up for something better?

The rule of thumb for manufacturing cost is to divide by 5 and so a 20 pair of speakers cost $4 a pair to make and is going to be terrible.

She actually settled for $11 speakers at walmart. They have horrible bass, but she's a girl and doesn't care and is happy. For me, I would NEVER go for that.

She actually settled for $11 speakers at walmart. They have horrible bass, but she's a girl and doesn't care and is happy. For me, I would NEVER go for that.

Most women will settle for a string and two tin cans if they can hear the sound.

my wife has a Pioneer SX-780 and some Teac LS-MC80 speaker and a Sony PS-LX22 turntable at her pc.

she likes it quite a bit.

Back