barton 333fsb on a 266fsb board?

glutto

Limp Gawd
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered a few times, but searching for threads with these inquiries isn't much fun...

Anyways.. what are the chances of a 333fsb Barton working on a board with a 266fsb?
If it's possible to underclock it and lose some performance, then that works. Is such a thing possible?

I'm not sure what make/model the board is, this is just a general question.

y don't u just buy a board they cost 50 bucks, and itll be guarenteed to work. anyway check and see if the pins even line up. usually from my memory if u go up in fsb the sockets change. and no i probably don't think itll even work. i'm sure some HardGawd will give u a definate answer.

Yeah you can do it. No sweat. Just set the fsb to 133 x whatever multiplier you need to get the same mhz.

It's actually my bro's machine, and being a family man, money is somewhat of an issue.

A new board would need new ram. It's some crazy board that uses older ram with newer processors. The box is gimped enough, so if it works that's all that counts.

Thanks for the quick replies!

that's what I'm doing, check the sig, only problem is that you can't chagne the multiplier ... oh and mine is a t-bred core, not a barton... and that doesn't matter in this instance.

~Adam

Back