• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

barton 2500+ heat sink

Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
33
I'm just about to buy a barton 2500+ off of newegg, I plan to o/c it at 3200+ w/ the fsb, what heat sink should i get?
 
Originally posted by Chelica
I agree with kronchev. Zalman makes really good Heat sink.


and its damn quiet. if you want slightly better and noise doesnt affect you (let me tell you I used to think that, then I got the zalman, ill never go back to this kind of thing), something about an SP-97 or something, i really dont know but the kids are talkin all about it :D
 
thanx, I'm also looking at ram and getting pc3200 so i'll be 1:1 w/ 400 fsb on the barton, should i go cheap or will that hurt me in the long run?
 
you dont need to get a new heatsink if you are going to run a 2500+ at 3200+. it will do that on stock air no problem. you may have to up the voltage though. to like 1.675.
 
i'm looking to overclock my 2500+ to a 3000+. i need advice on cooling too. i am thinking of getting a swiftech cooler. i read it was 700g. how do swiftech compare to thermalright and zalman?
 
Back
Top