• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Barton 2500+ 400FSB

AMD didn't produce any 200FSB 2500+ chips. Gimping the chip with 166 FSB, and keeping stock multi low enough to produce the 1.83ghz clock speed was how they justified the inordinatly lower rating even with the extra Cache found on this core. However, almost any 2500+ should have no trouble reaching 200FSB...
 
Originally posted by dewhite
AMD didn't produce any 200FSB 2500+ chips. Gimping the chip with 166 FSB, and keeping stock multi low enough to produce the 1.83ghz clock speed was how they justified the inordinatly lower rating even with the extra Cache found on this core. However, almost any 2500+ should have no trouble reaching 200FSB...
it doesnt ;p
 
if you cant get your 2500 to 200FSB and your motherboard DOES permit it, quit your custom PC building hobby now please:D

and no, they didnt make a 400FSB 2500
 
Well I bought a 3000/400fsb and a 2500/333fsb and I have one rig! the 2500 is in it. For some reason the 2500 runs cooler and faster. I plugged in the 2500 and it was already set for 3200 speeds and looked around and said ok, so the 3000 goes to ebay!
 
of course they make a 2500+ with a stock 400fsb. they call it the 3200+ and it retails for 3x as much. duh.....
 
Originally posted by jamestime88
of course they make a 2500+ with a stock 400fsb. they call it the 3200+ and it retails for 3x as much. duh.....

hahaha!
 
Originally posted by jamestime88
of course they make a 2500+ with a stock 400fsb. they call it the 3200+ and it retails for 3x as much. duh.....

:D Thats got me laughing :D
 
My locked Barton 2500+ runs Prime fine at FSB 412 running at 1.824V but games crash to desktop in just a few minutes. I had to back my overclock down to FSB 388 :(. It's still fast though and I overclocked my 9800PRO and RAM to try and make up for it :).
 
You don't have an Nforce2 board do you? I bet your pci bus is getting overclocked along with your FSB...
 
A7N8X Deluxe GD2 1007 BIOS. The problem goes away if I raise the vcore though so I don't think it is an AGP / PCI thing.
 
shit, i ran a KT3 ultra with the kt333a chipset on it at 210FSB for about 4 mounths....loved it. It only had a 1/5 divider...hhaaha my poor HDDs...
 
Back
Top