• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Barton 2500 @ 2.5 1st attempt

2Fresh

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
3,767
Wow, I am impressed with this chip. I have not tried any higher. 12 x 214 and all is great. Going to wait to put together my new setup before trying anymore...


New set up is:

DFI Infiniti
2x120mm Heatercore
Demonicooling 3 barb block
9800XT

THe Block and XT will be here on mMonday..wOOt!
 
Where did you buy it from? It seems all Bartons nowadays a locked, also are you Prime Stable?
 
My barton is at 2.5 on air =) prime stable for 18 hours.
 
Nice ass oc on air, bro!!!

I am stable at 2.57 ...have been letting BF1942 run with max rez for a few hours now.

I am hoping my new items will let me get this baby up a bit higher, if not....I am still happy as hell at 2.57Ghz

My 1700 maxed at 2.4Ghz
 
Go for the FSB:)

i'm at 250x10. No i'm not primestable for 24 hours:rolleyes:
I pass 3dmark01, memtest86 and I play all games

yer PC4k can never dream of this :p :)
l2_250.jpg
 
I do 2.5 on air, but it gets too hot for comfort, i recently upgraded to water, and tehre are no problems.
 
Boo-urns, I must have gotten like some shitty XP 2500+, maybe someone dropped it lol, my max overclock(and I've played around with just about everything I can think of) is 2200mhz, I can boot into windows at 2300, but I have to push my vcore from 1.75 to 1.85, and it's not fully stable. I've tried upping memory voltage, backing off on memory latencies, etc, no dice :/ Ah well
 
My multiplier is locked :/ I can run the ram slower than the fsb, but that doesn't help me any.
 
Originally posted by topslop1
Seriously, AMD is a real nazi for locking them :mad:

So...Intel has been locking their chips for way longer...I guess Intel would be SUPER NAZIS then?
 
I will go FSB once I install my DFI Infiniti, my 8rda doe snot like high FSb much
 
Bah...my AQEXA week 30 XPMW is shit... They/It won't even do 2.4GHz on 2.0v, crashes in CS (!) after about an hour. Im at 10x235 now, 1.95v, stable as a rock.. sucks though... :(

Im thinking of doing a Vcore mod and taking it to 2.1v and trying for like 2.45... Because at 2.0v with my MCX462-V and Tornado I was full load at only 43°C... :/

Anyway, GJ on 2.5GHz...wish my chip wasnt a POS.
 
Originally posted by DaveX
So...Intel has been locking their chips for way longer...I guess Intel would be SUPER NAZIS then?

bah M$bug... let's not turn this into Intel vs. AMD ;), after all, all of us know who the winner is, right?

at any rate, nice OC Man! :)
 
Wasn't trying to start an AMD vs. Intel war. But if it starts, I'm going to have to side with AMD since I'm support AMD. That's why we should all blame the Nazis! Damn you Nazis for limiting our overclocks!
 
You can now unlock the locked Bartons. there is a page about it. Something about cutting all of the L6 and filling the l5...then blah blah blah...I will find it as soon as I can
 
Originally posted by 2Fresh
You can now unlock the locked Bartons. there is a page about it. Something about cutting all of the L6 and filling the l5...then blah blah blah...I will find it as soon as I can

Basically modding a Athlon to a Mobile XP. (all Mobiles are unlocked because of PowerNow! Technology). Then you can change multiplier through the use of some program.

All well ...but it doesn't work on nForce2 for the most part. Like a handful of people got it working.
 
I thought I found an unlocked chip, but the guy hasnt responded any more. Me hates 11x...

Guess I can't complain though, 2.2Ghz for $90 aint bad! The lan party board's capabilities are going to waste! :D

Who knows what it will do when my tornado gets here though... heheh.

Nice overclock... 2.5 is up there. :cool:
 
Originally posted by TheCowBoy
So XXX x 11.0 is the highest you can get with a locked barton?

With a barton 2500+, yes, 11x some fsb speed
 
Back
Top