• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Barton 2500+ @ 2.03V

KevinGuy

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 7, 2002
Messages
102
Idle 40C
Load 46C

Barton 2500+ @ 2.03V 211 x 10.5 ~ 2216Mhz w/ Thermalright SP-97 (Havnt tried to go higher yet)

To have this processor at such a voltage, even with lower temps. Is this bad for the proccessor anyways? or are temps the only thing I really need to worry about?

Thanks.
 
do you need that much voltage to get ur cpu stable

I think not most ppl are getting 2500+ to 3200+ stock v and stock cooling

id drop it

Doesnt amd have the suddin death syndrom at like 2.1V?
 
Yeah, I got this processor a while back. I think I got a dud or something cause this thing wont overclock very well with a high voltage setting.

=(
 
Originally posted by Cloud15x
do you need that much voltage to get ur cpu stable

I think not most ppl are getting 2500+ to 3200+ stock v and stock cooling

id drop it

Doesnt amd have the suddin death syndrom at like 2.1V?

Have you been reading this message board lately? Plenty of people cannot even get their 2500+'s up to 3200+ on custom cooling and high voltages, never mind stock :eek:
 
Originally posted by Cloud15x
do you need that much voltage to get ur cpu stable

I think not most ppl are getting 2500+ to 3200+ stock v and stock cooling

id drop it

Doesnt amd have the suddin death syndrom at like 2.1V?

sudden death becomes a worry at over 2.15v...ALL barton cores are rated to a MAX of 2.15v according to AMD's tech docs
however there are some that are running 2.2 vcore with no problems...AMDs cores handle higher vcores than intels. but for the love of god if you want your chip to last any real amount of time....dont push more than 2.1 thru it !
 
Back
Top