barcode tattoo

skinlab

Gawd
hi guys,

i'm planning on getting this tattoo done but i wanted to check with you guys if the barcode is displaying the correct information, with the hope that someone actually has a barcode reader

it's supposed to say 15 01 1983 (with the spaces)

thx for the help

Printed it and zapped it with my barcode scanner, scans as 15 01 1983

Astrogiblet said:
Woah.. why would you want a barcode on you... ? Or should I not be asking this..

you shouldnt ;)

its kind of like a codename 47 thing, i liked the idea, though the barcode above is my vitals (DOB)

tdg - thanks so much! appreciate it :)

I think that's a cool idea as well...but I would want to put some statement of meaning on it, but I dont know if it would be too long with that many letters..

bar code tattoos are like tribal/barbed wire around the arm tattoos. Everybody and their moma has them. Don't get me wrong I'm not flamming on you or anything, if you like it get it. But you'll be stuck with it the rest of you life. If you do decide to go with it, you might want to get it at a pretty good size. If you get it at the size of a standard barcode, it's likely that the lines will run together as you age. I have many hours in the tattoo chair so I know a thing or two about them. Just dont get it to small.

Put it on the back of your neck. Then you can be from Manticore.

MMmm, Dark Angel.

When my bro was in the Marine Corps he would draw custom designs for his buddies to have inked on them. He told me a story about a guy that asked for a barcode tattoo.
When the artist asked him what barcode he wanted, he said it didn't matter at all. So the guy went in the back and found one... it was on a box of his girlfriends tampons.
So, yea, he's tattooed with a barcode that scans as a package of tampons. Lol

Dead_D said:
bar code tattoos are like tribal/barbed wire around the arm tattoos. Everybody and their moma has them.

The same thing could be said about tattoos in general...

Replicant1911 said:
The same thing could be said about tattoos in general...

Pwn3d?

Quick question...say I find the barcode of some random item, like Mountain Dew. Will it show up as Mountain Dew wherever I scan it? Like if I were to take it to Best Buy, would it read as Mountain Dew?

JOKER_JOKER said:
Quick question...say I find the barcode of some random item, like Mountain Dew. Will it show up as Mountain Dew wherever I scan it? Like if I were to take it to Best Buy, would it read as Mountain Dew?
Yes. Barcodes are like ISBN and serial numbers.

Check this out.

~LoKe said:
Did this whole bar code fad start because of Slipknot? =/

I dunno... Did Slipknot do it before dark Angel?

I heard Jessica Alba only does guys that have "the right code... "

OvrrDrive said:
I dunno... Did Slipknot do it before dark Angel?

I heard Jessica Alba only does guys that have "the right code... "

Slipknot did it between 1995-1999. Dark Angel started in 2000.

A friend of mine has is military tags in a bar code on his back. We tease him all the time about him belonging to the Government because of it. .

JOKER_JOKER said:
Pwn3d?

If best buy sells Mt Dew then it'd ring up. If they don't then it probably won't. UPC's have to be programmed into the store's inventory database and linked with the product. On a couple occasion i've had items ring up wrong because someone in inventory management screwed up. (almost got away with a $100+ item for less than $20 but my conscience got in the damned way).

though i am a slipknot fan, its not a slipknot thing

ill post a pic once i get it, hopefully by january since they are illegal where i live, i have to go overseas to get it done :)

I doubt it started with Slipnot as Henry Rollins has had one for about 20 years now.
Not sure whether his still looks like a barcode though.

I highly doubt a tattoo barcode will scan. :rolleyes:

Barcodes are not that forgiving, the tolerances, lines, gaps have to be right or they do nothing. Getting a freehand barcode isn't going to give a readable data source.

the question i may propose to everyone.

Where would you get your code?...

im thinking on the scalp would be interesting. if you had dark hair it wouldnt be visible untill u shaved your head... hahaha but then when you shaved youd look like a nazi play toy. so the forearm wins in my book.

My brother has one and he got it to scan at a supermarket. Don't know if he has ever tried it again, but it scanned as bleach.

I say find something original. An amazing original impresses more than an amazing cliché. No one cares about wussy barbed wire tattoos. As George Carlin would say, wrap some REAL barbed wire around your arm.

UL said:
the question i may propose to everyone.

Where would you get your code?...

im thinking on the scalp would be interesting. if you had dark hair it wouldnt be visible untill u shaved your head... hahaha but then when you shaved youd look like a nazi play toy. so the forearm wins in my book.

I usually see it on the back of the neck.

Haha 3 straight posts on what page we're on. It would be pretty badass if one got a barcode tattoo on the back of their neck. You can let your hair grow in and never see it again if you wished, well...Until your 60 and your hair starts to fall out.

JOKER_JOKER said:
Haha 3 straight posts on what page we're on. It would be pretty badass if one got a barcode tattoo on the back of their neck. You can let your hair grow in and never see it again if you wished, well...Until your 60 and your hair starts to fall out.
Seems pretty pointless then. I see two reasons to get a tattoo:

1) To show people what kind of person you are, to express yourself.
2) A personal reminder of something or someone in your life.

A barcode on the back of the neck covered by hair can't be seen by the owner, so it must be for personal expression, yet they have to stop and move their hair to show it. Not practical.

Shave your head, have them barcode "THIS SIDE UP" and grow your hair back. At least the morgue guys will get a kick out of it. :D

yeh, i sorta dont plan on dying anytime soon, plus ive got a full head of hair, why would i want to shave it? ;)

Back