Barcelona OC

gotcha.....

I guess it helps in idle state. how much? We'll find out soon I suppose.
Yes. If section of a cmos logic is totally idle then the power consumption is limited to gate and subthreshold drain current.

Under normal usage, the total power of a chip is the sum of the static and dynamic power. Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you what the relative sizes of these two are, but in ideal conditions static power dissipation is low compared to dynamic, meaning that if you cut the frequency in half it roughly drops the power to half.

Power is also proportional to the square of the voltage (in both static and dynamic), so this is a somewhat "faster" way to reduce energy consumption. It also has no effect on processing throughput.

Manny's on a roll :D I don't think I've seen you this enthusiastic before :p

Yeah,I have to admit I am dying to get my hands on this chip and play around with it. :eek:

This got me more interested then all the rest.

Plus I just switched over to a small Lian Li case and my temps went through the roof,literally.So,I am curious as to if a 9500 oc'd,may be able to drop that some.
As i said in another thread,I have lots of fast DDR2 ram kits,etc. :D Just need a
good overclocking AM2+ mobo.

how much longer will the wait be morfinx ? I have the cash burning a hole in my pocket !!

So I was.... Oh well. Still it's a good idea that will allow each core to clock independently. Now if at some time in the future they implement my idea, I could be rich. Because hey after all I have documented right here that I thought of it. :D :D :D

i do believe you were beaten to it. they should be doing this for AM3 ;)

OMFG !!!!! I cannot wait to use that 'utlity' in conjunction with my new 9500 :cool: :eek:
That blows Ntune right out of the water and then some !! :eek:
Yeah, I was blown away when I saw it.

BTW, sorry for the repost guys, I noticed that there's a thread already about this after I posted. :)

Back