Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden

polonyc2

Fully [H]
this could be decent or it could suck

The ghost-hunting RPG will arrive for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam at the "end of 2023"

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden takes place in New Eden, 1695. Antea Duarte and Red mac Raith are lovers and Banishers, ghost-hunters who vowed to protect the living from the threat of lingering ghosts and specters...as Banishers, you will enter the lives of New Eden’s communities and solve haunting cases in a mystical, lore-rich world plagued with supernatural creatures and ancient secrets...

this could be decent or it could suck

The ghost-hunting RPG will arrive for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam at the "end of 2023"

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden takes place in New Eden, 1695. Antea Duarte and Red mac Raith are lovers and Banishers, ghost-hunters who vowed to protect the living from the threat of lingering ghosts and specters...as Banishers, you will enter the lives of New Eden’s communities and solve haunting cases in a mystical, lore-rich world plagued with supernatural creatures and ancient secrets...

Man June '23 to June '24 seems like a prime year for games. A bunch of really good looking games will be released. Hope they hold up in the game play department as well.

This was apparently premiered at the Game Awards last year and flew under my radar. Looks interesting, but Focus games are hit and miss. It is being made by Don't Nod, though, who have a good track record with games like Vampyr. Despite its shortcomings I also very much enjoyed their first game, Remember Me.

Pushed back to February 13 due to saturated release window around the original November 7 date. I actually like this kind of candidness seen recently from Remedy and now Dontnod.

https://www.dontnod-bourse.com/en/financial-information/press-releases?ID=ACTUS-0-81981
1695757488242.png

Forspoken along with Greedfall wardrobe Coloneal garb. Not much coming out in February nothing basically in January. Unless you consider Enshrouded which looks amazing.

Maybe you can suck the Heart out of Christopher Columbus before he discovers America.

I had no idea that DontNod was even working on this… let alone that it was going to release… today.

Jesus, how the hell did I miss this? I’m in.

Last edited:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hi9AyIgFvOY&pp=ygUDYWNn

ACG reviewed this game.

I have to admit that I skipped straight to the end to see whether or not he liked it - he did.

These days, I know about most games years before they release. To buy a game, day one, knowing nothing about it, is rare for me.

This is how I used to do it back in the 80’s. I’d walk into a software store and learn about a game by actually picking it up off the shelf and reading the back of its box. LOL.

This is actually kind of exciting…

(Edit: Vampyr, btw, ran like crap on my previous computer… and if that’s the case with this game I’ll refund it immediately. Fingers crossed.)

And there’s this.

https://mp1st.com/news/banishers-ghosts-of-new-eden-review-ghost-of-war

From the review: “To say Banishers came out of nowhere to surprise me is an understatement. Here I was thinking we were getting another by-the-numbers third-person action game, and instead, we got an action-adventure game with a compelling story, meaty side quests, excellent production value, and what’s in my opinion an early Game of the Year candidate.”

I’m surprised to see that the reviewers are saying this game is DontNod’s first triple-A title? What - this isn’t Eurojank? LOL.

I just downloaded it myself - time will tell, I guess.

I had no idea that DontNod was even working on this… let alone that it was going to release… today.

Jesus, how the hell did I miss this? I’m in.
I don't know how you missed it since I've been updating this thread regularly with new trailers.
And there’s this.

https://mp1st.com/news/banishers-ghosts-of-new-eden-review-ghost-of-war

From the review: “To say Banishers came out of nowhere to surprise me is an understatement. Here I was thinking we were getting another by-the-numbers third-person action game, and instead, we got an action-adventure game with a compelling story, meaty side quests, excellent production value, and what’s in my opinion an early Game of the Year candidate.”

I’m surprised to see that the reviewers are saying this game is DontNod’s first triple-A title? What - this isn’t Eurojank? LOL.

I just downloaded it myself - time will tell, I guess.
That article is talking out its ass. There is no reference to what the game's budget was. Vampyr, Don't Nod's biggest game, was considered a success when it sold 1 million copies, but turned a profit at half that. That would probably put its budget around $20 million, which is AA budget territory. A cash infusion from Tencent and a boost from Focus Entertainment due to the success of Vampyr could have certainly allowed a AAA budget on this title.

This is what Focus had to say about Vampyr's success and their renewed partnership for Banishers:
https://www.shacknews.com/article/111176/focus-home-interactive-renews-dontnod-partnership
Refunded.
Who are you, Comixbooks? Let us know why you refunded it after such a short period of time.

Who are you, Comixbooks? Let us know why you refunded it after such a short period of time.
LOL.

Well, all I can say is that, for me, a triple-A game has to meet certain criteria before I’m willing to pay the triple-A price.

Most of us here think that way. I personally thought that Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown was easily worth its price-tag (the depth of gameplay, the massive world that was created, the sheer amount of love and hard work that obviously went into the game… the fact that hundreds of people worked on it) made me see at once that The Lost Crown was easily as good as any triple-A title I’d recently purchased.

I started to argue this fact, but it was pretty obvious that a significant number of people here believe that side-scrollers can never be thought of as triple-A titles (even though The Lost Crown definitely is. LOL). A lot of folks here even said that. See, the game just didn’t meet their criteria, even though they had barely played it… and that’s fair.

Same thing happened with me. I can’t go into great detail, because I barely played the game. But I’ve played hundreds of games, and I know what a triple-A feels like, and for me, this game was jank.

Yup, that’s it. Jank. LOL.

LOL.

Well, all I can say is that, for me, a triple-A game has to meet certain criteria before I’m willing to pay the triple-A price.

Most of us here think that way. I personally thought that Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown was easily worth its price-tag (the depth of gameplay, the massive world that was created, the sheer amount of love and hard work that obviously went into the game… the fact that hundreds of people worked on it) made me see at once that The Lost Crown was easily as good as any triple-A title I’d recently purchased.

I started to argue this fact, but it was pretty obvious that a significant number of people here believe that side-scrollers can never be thought of as triple-A titles (even though The Lost Crown definitely is. LOL). A lot of folks here even said that. See, the game just didn’t meet their criteria, even though they had barely played it… and that’s fair.

Same thing happened with me. I can’t go into great detail, because I barely played the game. But I’ve played hundreds of games, and I know what a triple-A feels like, and for me, this game was jank.

So you're Comixbooks' alter ego.

The game is $50 when $70 is the AAA price now. The 'A' rating solely refers to the games production budget, not the quality and/or quantity of the content. No reference to the budget on The Lost Crown, either, but Ubisoft pricing it at $50 means they didn't spend that much money on it.

LOL.

Are you drunk?

I bought the game for CAD $80. The Steam refund has to occur within 2 hours. At the 2 hour mark I had to make a judgement call. It’s my money and my decision. For me, this is not an $80 game. It’s just that simple.

Last edited:
I bought the game for CAD $80. The Steam refund has to occur within 2 hours. At the 2 hour mark I had to make a judgement call. It’s my money and my decision. For me, this is not an $80 game. It’s just that simple.
I don't think anyone cares that you didn't like it or that you refunded it. The point of contention was the rate of speed at which you did so with no explanation as to why. When you did answer, it didn't really make much sense. If you would have just said "What little I played didn't feel like the type of game I wanted to pay CAD $80 for." Perfectly good reason. Still not sure the point of the Prince of Persia rant though I do agree with you that it's a great game.

I don't think anyone cares that you didn't like it or that you refunded it. The point of contention was the rate of speed at which you did so with no explanation as to why. When you did answer, it didn't really make much sense. I’ll

Many times, you can’t decide whether or not a game will be good in just two hours (or that it will be worth the initial asking cost), so you have to rely on your instincts.

If the point of contention is the ‘rate of speed at which I made a decision without explanation’ then I’m afraid you’ll have to blame Steam for that.

I spent exactly 97 minutes playing the game. At 120 minutes the game is mine, whether I like it or not.

I wish I could have spent 6 hours playing, and then decided (and possibly given a more detailed reason for not going on) - but those aren’t the rules.

It doesn't look appealing to me. It looks pretty. Has kind of a Shadow of Mordor game style to it.

I'll wait for more reviews and a sale

Back