• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Bang for buck?

Karandras

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 16, 2001
Messages
1,873
I'm looking for an upgrade to my old Ti4400 vid card. So while i was looking I decided to see what staples had so I could 150% price match it. Here is what I came up with:

BFG 6600GT OC:

Staples - $299.99
memoryexpress.com (in edmonton, ab) - $249.95
150% = $224.95
minus $30 over $200 staples coupon = $194.95
GST = $208.60
BFG Rebate = $188.60

So do you all think that $188.60 CDN is a good/great price for a 6600GT OC? Is there any other card that I can get for that price that can beat the 6600GT OC?

Thanks for the input!
 
Staples doesn't have a 150% price match policy anymore. They changed it to 110% in early September.
 
It's a site for a local store

No 150% anymore!!!??? :(:( that sux :( I'm going to have to recalculate.
 
New Math

BFG 6600GT OC:

Staples - $299.99
memoryexpress.com (in edmonton, ab) - $249.95
150% = $244.95
minus $30 over $200 staples coupon = $214.95
GST = $230.00
BFG Rebate = $210.00

Futureshop has a $70 rebate (mail-in) which brings the card to $218.89 so even with the staples being at 110% that is a better/good deal?

Is there anything else out there cheaper/better then this deal?
 
Well I'm thinking of getting this tomorrow but if there is a better deal then what I've got listed it would be awesome to know.

Thanks!
 
Get a 6800 or 6800LE. The 6800 will beat 6600GT in almost everything. Canadian money is almost equal to US right now so you can shop at newegg.com, right?

 
It isn't the dollar that is the problem anymore. Duty and brokerage is the problem now. It's like another 15% added on....just stupid. I would prefer to stay in Canada.
 
Shmuckety said:
Get a 6800 or 6800LE. The 6800 will beat 6600GT in almost everything. Canadian money is almost equal to US right now so you can shop at newegg.com, right?



New Egg doesn't ship to Canada.
There is a huge wall that springs out of the ground when Newegg shipments get to the border, so they can't sell to us Canadians.
 
newegg == ghey

Guess Canadians don't have money or computers since we all live in igloos... :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:
 
Awesome thanks for the links. I'll go through there and see what I should be doing.
 
Back
Top