Balance issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

Hi all.

I have a Soundblaster Audigy FX sound card, paired with a Logitech Z323 2.1 speaker system. The other details are in my sig.

Anyway, my sound balance is quite off, way to the left. I can correct it, of course, but a reboot makes it the same, even using my keyboard volume control, if I set it to zero, causes the balance issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sounds like a software/driver issue. Try updating or uninstalling/reinstalling drivers.

It's also possible that the tweeter or an amp in the Logitechs is broken in one channel and that causes the balance problem. Even a bad volume potentiometer can make one channel quieter.

To the two above: I've totally uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. I've listened closely to every part of the L/R speakers, sounds the same, will check volume pot.

Thanks guys.

Volume Pot made no difference

This is a huge pain in the ass for me.

If it resets when you reboot there's not much chance it's an external hardware issue. Seems like itd have to be either in the software on your puter or in your brain. Have you had a hearing test lately?

If it resets when you reboot there's not much chance it's an external hardware issue. Seems like itd have to be either in the software on your puter or in your brain. Have you had a hearing test lately?

Not at all. If he adjusts the balance and the balance setting resets on reboot it can still be a hardware problem. If settings don't get reset then it can't be hardware.

Back