h4GP5.jpg

5QkJ8.jpg

bq3zU.jpg

hd17h.jpg

81BeN.jpg

bbye ;)

That is one bad little PC right there.

Oh yeah. Nice bag too.

I like that box alot. I was checking that case out on newegg last naight. You just sold me on it. Did you do some kinda of a psu mounting mod?

EDIT** I see it just has a power plug extension to the front

So you moved the PSU to the front right? are temps better that way?

Nice job of putting so much into so little!

I like how the 5850 sticks out...looks good.

Wow nice job. Gives me a reason not to throw this Apex MI-008 Ive had sitting here for over a year away.

Can you get us some more pics and tell us how/why you moved the psu to the front. I think it is a genius idea

it's not that smaller than an SG05 though, and well, apex mi-100 $50, ST45SF $80 so it's actually more expensive unless you already have an apex case

I like that box alot. I was checking that case out on newegg last naight. You just sold me on it. Did you do some kinda of a psu mounting mod?

EDIT** I see it just has a power plug extension to the front
exactly

1um7v.jpg

Nice job of putting so much into so little!

I like how the 5850 sticks out...looks good.
very beautiful effect ;)

Wow nice job. Gives me a reason not to throw this Apex MI-008 Ive had sitting here for over a year away.
exactly this the aim, to give a reason to this case :eek:

So you moved the PSU to the front right? are temps better that way?

only way to mount a decent cpu-cooler

it's not that smaller than an SG05 though, and well, apex mi-100 $50, ST45SF $80 so it's actually more expensive unless you already have an apex case
I have the Sugo....but it does not enter in my personal bag :D

Last edited:
Comparison shot to Da MOM/MILF:

0577dffc.jpg

Front plate cut to accomodate hot-swap bay:

2da83b73.jpg

sorry to hijack, but since peeps are interested in this case. I think it needs to be cheaper. For me, it can't replace Da MOM/MILF, but for a NAS/utility-linux box, it's very nice.

Last edited:
torr3nt, did you make that bracket for the extension cord or did you buy that somewhere?

Also --- isn't there enough room to turn the PSU lengthwise? According to Newegg, the case is 13" long - 6.7" for the mobo so 6.3" -- taking the front into consideration, that looks like another 1" off, so 5.3" -- the PSU is ~4.9".

torr3nt, did you make that bracket for the extension cord or did you buy that somewhere?

Also --- isn't there enough room to turn the PSU lengthwise? According to Newegg, the case is 13" long - 6.7" for the mobo so 6.3" -- taking the front into consideration, that looks like another 1" off, so 5.3" -- the PSU is ~4.9".

Are you talking about the plug in the back of his case? Because I was wondering the same thing

torr3nt, this is the best SFF MOD I've even seen, really functional while with a style. Great Job!

Before to the local power source I had simply used a cable iec with plug-in to 90°

QKpiI.jpg

but at last I have used a cable realized from me

0nAtM.jpg

is very important that the plug 90° is flattened to adapt itself to the front of the case and I still had to remove a bit of plastic from the back of the front-case (losing the two usb, but recovering one on the Lian Li adapter HDD -sorry for my bad english!).

I got the rear grille from an old power supply (with the Dremel...:D )

@lvyelion...you exaggerate, but thanks thanks thanks ;)

Last edited:
Can you provide links to the cable parts? And, did you use the Dremel for everything? It seems like it should be powerful enough to do that. I'm interested in trying this myself, though I've never attempted any case mods.

If there is anything that could be improved on this design -- if you've got a CPU cooler that pushes air vertically, you might want a vent on top, could probably cut open a 120~140mm space open to mount a fan or even just a grille.

Can you provide links to the cable parts?.
An italian link??:)
Any electronics store can help.
And, did you use the Dremel for everything? It seems like it should be powerful enough to do that. I'm interested in trying this myself, though I've never attempted any case mods.
Yes adhesion paint, paint and Dremel for everything.
You must be careful to leave at least a hook at the bottom when you cut the side walls .
And to make attention to cut straight leaving the space on the vga just, nevertheless not more (it is well to mark before making the cut!)
If there is anything that could be improved on this design -- if you've got a CPU cooler that pushes air vertically, you might want a vent on top, could probably cut open a 120~140mm space open to mount a fan or even just a grille.
For cpu-cooler I have thought to use a Scythe NINJA MINI Rev.B but he is unavailable in Italy and I do not know if he is compatible.
For the moment the Geminii fan pushes air down, aided by a 120mm side fan in extraction.
"...cut open a 120~140mm space open to mount a fan or even just a grille"...I thought (as the work done on this Antec ) but now it is not necessary
Good job ;)

Last edited:
I believe it is a Thermaltake Element Q, which is heavily modified. The original case has only one slot, has the PSU over the motherboard and the motherboard closer to the graphics card area because the HDD mounts on the other side.

I believe this case is made by Apex, as the MI-008 and MI-100. It is also rebranded as the Rosewill RS-MI-01. All of these cases share the same metal parts, but differ in how the front plastic looks. Also, I believe the PSU is the same, though Thermaltake sticks a wire guard over the fan and rates the wattage closer to the real output.

Back