BAD_POOL_CALLER while installing

xyphoid

n00b
Well, after building a new computer, I decided to install Windows XP Pro SP1.

Specs:

NF7-M (Video card and Sound Card built in)
Corsair Value Select 512MB
80 gb WD HDD
Generic PSU 320 W

While installing Windows the first time, I got the BAD_POOL_CALLER error. The error says to
!. restart if this is the first time,
2. If this is the happened more than once check if your hardware or software is properly installed,
3. If this is a new Windows install ask the manufacturers of the hardware and software for any updates,
4. disable new hardware,
5 Disable BIOS options such as caching or Shadowing.

Since it was my first time, I just restarted and tried to install all over and it worked.Windows started up fine but had random erros like saying there is a problem with Windows and needs to shut the program down. The computer would also restart AFTER installing my MB drivers when changing the resolution of the screen or trying to open programs on a CD. So I try installing a fresh install of Windows with a new CD and I keep getting the BAD_POOL_CALLER error and can;t install Windows at all. I'm not sure if it's the CD, or a hardware problem so...

If any of you can help me troubleshoot the problem or know a fix to this it would be greatly appreciated.

xyphoid

memtest86 boots and runs off a floppy or cd; I'm assuming you have another working computer since you're posting here, so you can download it on this one and test the other comp.

Back