BAD_POOL_CALLER (0xC2) -Windows XP Pro-

TRD Supra

Limp Gawd
My family computer is getting this error message at start up right at the Welcome screen:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

If this is the first time you have seen this STOP error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0X000000C2 (0X0000009A, 0X00000002, 0X00000040, 0X20434650)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical dump of memory complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

Anyone know how to fix this? I can't fined a way to get safe mode to boot.

These are the system spec for the family compuster:
Windows XP Pro
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (939)
ATi Radeon 9600XT

Any overclock? If so, reduce it. Otherwise, I'd suspect a bad driver (installed/upgraded any drivers recently) or bad RAM.

No OCing and I have changed the RAM and get the same thing. How would I fix it if its a bad driver?

I did the F8 and then Safe Mode With Networking and once the welcome screen shows up it goes to the blue screen with the same BAD_POOL_CALLER (0xC2) so then I did just safe mode and the computer just restarts at the black screen with Safe Mode at all 4 corners. Should I try the Last Known Good Config?

Last edited:
I tried the "Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked)" and once I get the welcome screen I get the BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen. I don't get why It doesn't even let me enter Windows XP in Safe Mode. Could this "BAD_POOL_CALLER" be caused by hardware?

Bad drivers, Did you recently download anything from windows update or new drivers from a site or install new hardware?

No new hardware has been installed and its my familys computer so I dont know about the updates and they never remember what they do. But now I get a klif.sys error with a olive green screen after windows start up.

Bad hard drive, perhaps? I'd throw it in another machine and recover what you can off it ASAP. Reformatting's probably the easiest solution anyhow. It'll take less time than trying to debug the issue.

You need to do some analysis on the memory dump. This will tell you what the issue is. Google is your friend.

Well the problem is the klif.sys file, its a Kaspersky thing now. I did a Repair with the windows disc and the klif.sys is the new problem.

Okay, well I found a way to get into recover the files using Ubuntu and moved them to my external drive. I did the In-place install and its just all messed up. So what is a good program I can download to wipe out the hard drive and start all over?

DBAN is overkill for this job. Great for getting rid of a harddrive, not needed when all he needs to do is format the drive and start over.

WindowsXP installation can do it for you. When you get into it, there will be a point where it mentions partitioned space. Delete the Partition and build a new one (a matter of like 3-4 key strokes). This will get rid of everything, in the next step it will ask you if you want to do a quick format or not. Do quick. Then just proceed with the reinstall.

Back