Bad trader in jtallen7 aka vermonter1999 aka JT / Jonathan Allen

I WOULD NOT give him any more money, let alone another $100. Yeah true, you would technically be wrong for not giving it to him but look at him, he was wrong for lying about upgrades and lying about the condition of this obviously USED AND BEAT UP laptop.

HE IS THE DEAL BREAKER. Lying about false upgrades and lying about the condition of the laptop. Until you get a laptop thats "like new" keep your $100 and use that money to get that laptop back in tip top shape is what I would do. EFF IT MAN YOU GOT SCREWED, I dont care what anyone on this forum says. So keep your $100. He obviously didnt care about packing it correctly or telling you the truth about it so why care about his $100. yeah its harsh but he has no sympathy for you so none should be given to him. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.

and you've already tried working it out. Why keep trying?? You've done all you can in my book. Obviously this guy doesnt care so how can you deal with a guy like that?

Cold Dark Shadow said:
you got to realize too dude thats one of the risks of online trading. Youll run across something like this sooner or later, God knows i have :p

If you dont trust him anymore, then complete your end of the trade and file mail fraud charges and ago that route with it

That way youve completed your end and there would be nothing for him to hold against you.

Or

Get ahold of him and say look you sent me somethign that you dicribed incorrectly and i want to work this out i think you own me some compensation(sp?) for the undisclosed damage for the item what can we do here.

Tell me more about the mail fraud thing.

I am till trying to upload the text files... I know where to do it with pics but I have never needed a text file. Anyway thanks everyone and I will keep checking back.

CDS said:
If you dont trust him anymore, then complete your end of the trade and file mail fraud charges and ago that route with it
can he file for mail fraud if it was shipped with UPS? i thought it was only USPS that you could...since its a govt. organisation(SP? :()....

Ok I added all the emails and PM's with private info edited out.

But what do I say?

I purchased this and got this? Are they going to want proof of purchase and since I am sure thye will what do I show them? Will they consider the forums an acceptable way to show this?

Ask them if they have any kind of paper work to file for recieving goods that were not as discribed when purchased

THey might say you have to take it up with the seller tho. In that case they might not be able to help out at all

If he promises to fix the problems should I send him the hundred and let him do it then (Thats what he wants) I think I should get the parts, fix it then if there is anything left ok.

What do you guys think? This Thread has gotten his atten. I just do not think I should send him any money until the laptop's problems are corrected... am I wrong?

i thinnk that sounds fair.

If your original deal was to get the laptop then send the $100 then it should be fixed to the discribe condition before sendign the $$

Then it would be back to what you guys agreed on

has he ever disputed the problems of it? like when he shipped it it wasnt like that?

Dont send him any money...make him send you the parts...
Also, that is one of the WORST packing jobs I have ever seen......
That laptop never had a chance :(

the packing job is obviously not that bad if the laptop arrived in the same shape as it left his hands. i could understand there being a problem if the ac adapter was through the screen and there was a hard drive floating around in the box, but it dosn't look that bad to me. if I was doing it I would get some packing peanuts or something, but idk i think his packing was effective

originally posted by compslckr

the packing job is obviously not that bad if the laptop arrived in the same shape as it left his hands. i could understand there being a problem if the ac adapter was through the screen and there was a hard drive floating around in the box, but it dosn't look that bad to me. if I was doing it I would get some packing peanuts or something, but idk i think his packing was effective
thats not really the point anymore....it still isnt "like new" like the guy described. I'm sure Cross wouldn't have even wanted it if he knew it would turn out like this!

if you read the IM's between me and this seller you will notice compslkr vouched for this seller. Hints his backing of what he did but he brought up an interesting point.

"The seller knew of the defects and it got here packaged well enough to get here with the same defects and no FURTHER problems."

Which means the restore disc was always cracked, the feet were always missing, the top was always scratched, the Network/Firewire was always broke.

What do you guys think of that? :mad:

I am sorry but as everyone has pointed out, the packing sucked, (My packing was done by UPS and I did 700+ insurance he did his own packing and no insurance). the item is not LIKE NEW.

I am going to look into ordering parts tomorrow after I get off work.

Shadow in the IM's and PM's etc it shows he says they all worked and that I should not have reinstalled the OS. But with compslkr's comment I am not sure I believe even that now.

i was saying that it arrived in the same shape because the seller mentioned that the scratches were there before he sent it (which is definetly not "like new condition" but i could deal with some light scratches.) the feet and cracked restore cd is completly different though. I support you in whatever decision you make since i have never seen this laptop before or after his shipping.

Well yet again the seller contacts me today that I owe him 100.00 and he wants it

I tell him that I am buying the parts to repair it and until the laptop is "like new" he gets no more funding from me.

He PM's me before I can finish my PM (In which I also told him why I did not trust him) and says he already has the eithernet part. I sent him a reply asking where he found the Eithernet card as I have not pulled the laptop apart yet (did not want to get that indepth and I have been way to busy).
I expected to find it on the modem PCI Mini or something to that effect like you see on some laptops and the card is removable but I won't know until I can take it apart tonight.

He also tells me he just wants to finish this because he does not want to deal with me anymore.... gee I guess its my fault for holding him to what he sold me, Desc. and packing.

Tell him to return your goods and return his laptop...make sure he ships first...I'd be done with this by now and no more dealing with him.

I would never spend for on something over a few hundred or trade/pay for something over a few hundred without seeing pics of every major part of the item. If you seen pics of basically every part/section of the laptop wouldnt you have seen this stuff? (except the internal problems you seem to be having obviously)

I got basic pics and believed his desc. from those basic pics... I see where that got me.

I tend to trust members who seem to be inorder. I know the forums can burn you but I also know there are many good ppl out there. (Operaman, U.N. Inspector, Shadow and many others I have dealt with). It was my fault for not pushing the issue for every little detail but honestly... I want to believe that with heatware, email checks, vouching from other members that you would not need to question everything.

Were here to buy/sell/trade and basically in doing so help eachother... atleast I feel that way, lol thats why were the forum communities and not eBay.

Anyway again on the shipping back I get the feeling he has no money and from our conversations I have posted he def does not want to return the desktop period... plus as I said how can I trust him to do so correctly and if it comes damaged think of what that could start... *shudders*

Now after all this he writes me mad again that I will not pay him and now after he got the desktop thursday he complains:

The case is cheap (He got pics from the same camera I used on the packing pics so they were huge, come to think of it I have his pics of the laptop and the ebay link to post i am going to do that to.)

Oh and he is mad I did not give him my version of Windows XP Pro and that I had uninstalled most everything and left him with no OS. Sorry its a custom build, you never asked for Windows and I would not have given you my personal version I bought. Unless you ask for it I have never expected a forum member to provide me an OS with a desktop. I have my own anyway but thats the way it goes. But hey maybe I should have made that more clear, from now on I will say NO OS. I guess I should just leave my XP Pro on there for everyone to use.... and break the copyright laws of Microsoft... :eek:

Anyway let me add those to here.

Alright I added it all.

Ok I just got this PM!!! I can not stop laughing!

Ok if its not clear yet, I originally agree'd to take his laptop and DV camera in trade. I found out about the lie above on the laptop and decided hell no did I want to ship a laptop to him after all this I would just return his camera and go back to his first original offer to me of laptop + 100. (Who wants to deal further with a lier?)
I tell him a good 2 hours before the package comes that I found out about his lie and was going to return the camera and send him 100. He trys to get more money out of me and I tell him no. He gets mad at me calls me a deal breaker and I keep telling him I know he lied. Then the package came as seen above. (Which he finally denys then admits to lieing again see the IM's above)

Anyway he just sent me this PM

Today, 10:18 PM
jtallen7
[H]Lite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well since you keep bringing up lieing I mine as well call you a stubborn ass and a borderline troll because you backed out of our original deal before you got the item and decided it was shit and packed like shit sooo you know what dont sit there and tell me everything that is wrong with me because your an asshole.

ROFLMAO, Because I pointed out he lied and his packing that everyone else felt was WAY off I am an asshole ROFL. Well guys I guess I am an Asshole now

Here was a PM recieved from the seller jtallen7

jtallen7 said:
You keep calling me a lier and that is your only excuse for backing out of the deal but before you got the package you had no idea anything was a lie. Then later doing research and finding out I lied to you, you use the excuse of me lieing as backing out of the deal.....MY ASS.....you just set yourself up for the biggest loss yet....dont bother selling anything on hardforums again because every post you make and everything you try selling....the buyer will be hearing from me....knowing that you back out of all your deals and make up excuses so you get the better end of the deal.....so fuck you buddy...keep your money and see if anything good comes from it.....dont test me buddy because your the one that is going to be hurting in the end.

I sent him a PM. If he thinks he can go around doing stuff like that here, hes greatly mistaken

So he admits to lieing, then says thats a bad excuse to cancel the deal, tells the seller to keep the money, then threatens to blackmail him in every future transaction.

Wow .... His excuse is actually [paraphrased] "You didn't know I was lieing until you opened the package so its your fault."

WTF?

Heres a PM i got for tellin him to lay off the threating PMs lol priceless
jtallen7 said:
I"LL TELL YOU WHEN MY MESSAGES WILL STOP YOU ARROGANT FUCK!!! DONT YOU TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK TO DO SO GO SUCK A DICK YOU BITCH..

I do agree that UPS boxes come questionable but his packing was horrible. Screw a lawyer. You would spend more money than you will make. I would be pissed and send it back to him.

Don't send him more money. Also, I doubt that anyone will trust his words with the way he is behaving...Sooner or later, he probably get banned anyways with his attitude...
It is good that you have the pics. If you have his original post or emails to you, keep them as record...if he does not fulfill any part of this contract, he has breached it and you no longer have to keep yours (ie send more money)...all he can do is threaten you but no court in the US will hold you responsible.
If he did not tell you of missing parts or scratches before you guys agreed on the terms then he has breached the intended contract (sending non-defective and non-damaged parts). The only recourse he has left is to file a claim with UPS. That is something you don't have to worry about. Since he was the one who shipped then the insurance claim goes to him and he has to deal with UPS and not you. The only thing he can do is be nice and ask you for the pictures you took so he can use your testimony and pictures for his case against UPS. Otherwise, no dice.

As far as getting attorneys involved, unless the loss is $500 or more, it is not worth it as the filing fees alone will cut into the final resolution amount. People in the US constantly threaten filing claims and it is really funny as many cases don't even get a docket number since they are so ridiculous. Most attornies nowadays will not even take on a case unless there is decent monetary reward and a good chance of winning. Even with those that file claims for thousands of dollars, the plaintiffs generally gets hundreds (if that) as a final reward after all the court and attorney fees. I wish people would stop threatening lawsuits and be realistic about it.

Good luck..

He will almost certainly get banned for cussing out a moderator like that...Seems like you got a rough situation here, I do not envy you.

bah..i hate idiots that think the're god.....don't pay him. file for mail fraud/something equal with UPS and contact the IFCC....

oh. CDS....get him banned. no one should talk to a mod that way and get away with it....

but...just before you do.....send him a PM at least 50 lines long all capslock in the max size you can use on this forum telling him hes a complete idiot and shouldnt be allowed to walk this earth :p

jk about the last part but if you wanna take my suggestion feel free :)

I just posted that cuz i thought it was funny

Seriously tho, i dont care, Id rather see soemthing good come of this, hopefully they can work something out so thier both happy

Seems he sent me another wonderful PM and he has scammed/trolled other ppl. We need to change the thread title to list Troll in this users name, ebay name, etc.
I am sending eBay all the links for here as well since I am sure that will interest them.

Heres the link I am adding to the main forum where he scammed another user already posting here and tried to get another while also getting another user. *sigh* Guess we see how his deranged mind works :p

Thread where he is named for trolling others.

probably a good idea, i have done several deals with him, but it seems like he dosn't do so well with the higher priced deals

so i been watching this for a few days and i just have to say this kinda stuf sux man
just wanted to say sorry for your bad deal and good luck on the next one

and he cussed out a mod...LOL and said he would the mod banned...ha haa
thats like telling the president to fuck off and not think the secret service will be on your ass

oh ya...and he got his msg banned for flaming...dam flamers :)

magnuspah said:
Good riddance...

Compslckr....ecsu eh? I am next door...UCONN
cool, do you go to the lans that they do there? i went to the last one and had a great time

edit: realized i hit reply insted of pm... do'h!

I'm confused.. what actually got traded? All I see is that the guy sent you a laptop and dv camera.. what did u send him?

Back