Bad Sensor or What?

Bleedblue12345

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I just cleaned up my case (rewired stuff and got everything in order) and to my suprise my temps during intel burn test are 91/91/76/77 :eek:

my first two cores seem to get extremely hot and my other cores also get quite hot...

I didn't really touch anything by the CPU.... could it be I somehow knocked the heatsink? or do I need to remount? or is the sensor bad?

Nothing feels particularly hot and I have plenty of airflow

3.4ghz with a 1.375Vcore in bios... (on a tuniq 120)

Assuming the temps were much closer originally...
thats strange as the mounting of the heatsink should only be able to have a very minor effect on some cores while not affecting others.
ie the heatspreader over the CPU will spread the heat pretty quick even if only half the heatspreader has contact with a heatsink.
I do not suspect it is down to heatsink contact.
Any contacts relating to the temp sensors are hidden unless you remove the CPU.

Try going through everything you did, one thing at a time to see what can have an effect.
If you find anything that aligns the temps, you will give hope to many quad core owners!

Assuming the temps were much closer originally...
thats strange as the mounting of the heatsink should only be able to have a very minor effect on some cores while not affecting others.
ie the heatspreader over the CPU will spread the heat pretty quick even if only half the heatspreader has contact with a heatsink.
I do not suspect it is down to heatsink contact.
Any contacts relating to the temp sensors are hidden unless you remove the CPU.

Try going through everything you did, one thing at a time to see what can have an effect.
If you find anything that aligns the temps, you will give hope to many quad core owners!

on a c2q its quite possible to have temps very that much.. because its not a true quad core.. its 2 dual cores.. which is why 2 temps are way off from the others.. its possible if using the push pin mounting that 1 or 2 of them popped out while he was cleaning it.. OP'er id suggest checking all the mounting points on the cpu and make sure none of them came loose..

Understood, I made the point that it was relevant only if the temps were originally closer together.

Its worth noting that he didnt remove his CPU, however if the heatsink was knocked it could have moved the CPU.
If there was dirt/residue on a contact, that may now be increasing the resistance.
Perhaps its worth reseating the CPU anyway.

Maybe :)

Back