Hornet
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2005
- Messages
- 6,624
Today a hard disk utility Hard Disk Sentinel reported that my Intel 80GB SSD had 1 bad sector
Using Intel SSD Toolbox, it confirms that the SMART Re-allocated sector count is 1
Should I be concern with this?
With traditional HDD, it usually indicates that there's a mechanical problem or something and the bad sector will increase over time, which means I need to prepare a replacement. But I don't know what this means for a SSD. Is this the end of the lifespan or something? SMART shows 4.25 TB of host write.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
There are 1 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
Using Intel SSD Toolbox, it confirms that the SMART Re-allocated sector count is 1
Should I be concern with this?
With traditional HDD, it usually indicates that there's a mechanical problem or something and the bad sector will increase over time, which means I need to prepare a replacement. But I don't know what this means for a SSD. Is this the end of the lifespan or something? SMART shows 4.25 TB of host write.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks