Bad processor?

mannyman

2[H]4U
As the title says im not sure if this processor or ????

I bought a Gigabyte ga g33m dr2r from a [H] member, I cannot get it stable with a e6550 but it works flawlessly with a celeron d.

The e6550 freezes very often, I have tried to up the voltage but with no success.

The Gigabyte Ga G33m DR2R will support the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6550 with Bios F3. So check which Bios the board has and see if you need to upgrade to that version. If that still doesnt fit the issue you can give our technical support a call and check on the if the CPU is still under warranty and if so set up an RMA.

The Gigabyte Ga G33m DR2R will support the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6550 with Bios F3. So check which Bios the board has and see if you need to upgrade to that version. If that still doesnt fit the issue you can give our technical support a call and check on the if the CPU is still under warranty and if so set up an RMA.

I doubt its under warranty its a part out of a hp desktop, And the Motherboard has Bios F5. Oh well. Time to overclock the Celly D to 6ghz to get some decent gaming performance.

Also maybe check the cpu socket for bent pins.

It doesn't have any :( too bad the 6550 is almost perfect for him.

Back