Well got this rig together

Intel Core i7 2500k
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Corsair HX 850 Modular
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB)
OCZ Vertex Limited Edition 100GB SDD
Corsair H60
And a bunch of other 2TBs for storage

anyways powered it on and it would start and shut off 2 seconds later. and then back on.
I couldn't get it to post once, just kept doing endless on/off loop. so i inspected the parts everything looked fine, I tried to plug a speaker to see if i could hear error codes, no luck couldnt hear shit. well i ordered another board this time a MSI Z68A-GD65, plugged everything in. it would start up and stay on but no display, Keyboard wasn't lighting up/responsive (this happened in the earlier build with the Gigabyte mobo too). well this motherboard had a on board video card, so i removed the 6950. and what do you know, everything came up. CPU was running 40-41 and all my hardware was detected properly.
I put the 6950 back in and tried removing all drives, and expansions, still nothing. So i thought it was the power supply, so i tested the 6pin adapters and was pulling around 12.5 on each. Well i'm pretty sure it's the video card, So i'm gonna order another one and try to RMA this one, question i have is, Is it normal for the other motherboard to power loop like that, Could i have a bad videocard AND bad motherboard, or can a faulty videocard cause a motherboard to boot loop?

Best bet is to try another video card in the other motherboard.

Before you RMA it, when did you buy it? if it's brand new send it back to where ever you bought it, they will replace it for free w/o hassles.

Back