Bad P5B Deluxe board?

Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
11
Can anybody explain what the SB Voltage (vICH) in the BIOS means or what it's function is on the board?

My problem is my video card will only run in x1 bandwidth as displayed in CPUZ and it ran like crap in games. I thought my 7600 GT was bad so I bought a 7900 GTO and had the same problem. After messing with the BIOS some, I changed the SB Volt setting from AUTO to 1.60v since it says something like SATA,PCI-E after it. I left everything else at AUTO volts except CPU because I have it oc'ed. Just for kicks I reset the BIOS to default so there was no overclocking and it went back to x1. So I think it's strange that even at default settings it won't run at x16 unless I manually change the SB Voltage.

Can anybody with a P5B Deluxe Wifi board try to set the SB Voltage at AUTO and see if it shows the link in CPUZ as x1 or x16 to see if it is normal on all P5B boards or if I should RMA this board.
 
I literally have EVERYTHING set to "Auto" (and my PEG Link Mode is set to 4X) and I'm getting 16X in CPUZ.
 
Back
Top