Bad news on Core 2 Availability.

It's been said those are Ingram Micro's warehouses. And if you notice the dates are changing from 8-4 to 8-25. If today is the 8-4 where is the mass shipment?

I have to say, this is the suckiest 'launch' i have seen in a long time. No boards, no chips. All horseshit.

Nasty_Savage said:
I have to say, this is the suckiest 'launch' i have seen in a long time. No boards, no chips. All horseshit.

Well, you could always build a cheap X2 rig. ;)

I might be a little more patient then most here. I'm still deciding on a case and PSU. The current motherboard selection isn't bad, but there's nothing real exciting about any of them. I'm still set on getting the E6600, but I may get the E6400 if availability of the E6600 is a problem or the price goes over $350. I can already see Newegg charging $400+ for it.

I think it might just be better to wait this one out another month to see how things pan out. I'd like to have something put together by early September, but that isn't going to happen if things don't improve.

dark_reign said:
Well, you could always build a cheap X2 rig. ;)

I might be a little more patient then most here. I'm still deciding on a case and PSU. The current motherboard selection isn't bad, but there's nothing real exciting about any of them. I'm still set on getting the E6600, but I may get the E6400 if availability of the E6600 is a problem or the price goes over $350. I can already see Newegg charging $400+ for it.

I think it might just be better to wait this one out another month to see how things pan out. I'd like to have something put together by early September, but that isn't going to happen if things don't improve.

I almost built an AM2 system a few months ago, but decided to wait based on the performance of the conroe system and the dates posted. Considering that the yields were supposed to be substantial per wafer, I think this was merely a bullshit move by intel to force AMD to lower their price earlier while I resist the urge to Commando the nearest fab and slap the shit out of the marketing department for wasting my time. I was going to take a week off this summer based around the launch so I can take my time and build up a good system and tweak and play with it. Glad I decided at the last minute not to blow my vacation time because I woulda been locked and loaded :D

well what is really weird is they say they can make 27 million processors a quarter.
THEY have been talking this crap on conro since January. And they started final production
in april. SO 1+ quarter and 1 million chips..WTF this doesn't add up.
I believe there stories are getting a bit weak.

sparks

sparks said:
well what is really weird is they say they can make 27 million processors a quarter.
THEY have been talking this crap on conro since January. And they started final production
in april. SO 1+ quarter and 1 million chips..WTF this doesn't add up.
I believe there stories are getting a bit weak.

sparks

They don't drop everything else just to make Conroe (whether they should or not is a separate argument). But they also have to make the mobile chips (Core Duo/Yonah), chipsets, and the Pentium/Celeron family which will continue to exist as the low end of the product line for some time. Converting 100% to Conroe would be TERRIBLE for the bottom line.

no but they have the ability to make 27 million chips a quarter...if 10% of that production went to conroe thats 2.7 million processors...and for the end all be all new super BS talk they have made there should be a LOT more than that sitting and ready to ship..
UNLESS as some have speculated their yields aren't as good as they are saying.

sparks

Well I just got off the phone with the guys at ClubIT.

They said their shipment is coming in today or tomorrow and that they will 100% be shipping if not before, on monday.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that was for the E6600's

The yields are fine. They've stated that they expect to ship ~1million in the first 7 weeks of launch and ramp up from there, which is not far off from the 2.7 million/quarter number. Keep in mind that the same die also goes to the server side Woodcrest products as well.

Donar said:
Well I just got off the phone with the guys at ClubIT.

They said their shipment is coming in today or tomorrow and that they will 100% be shipping if not before, on monday.
I ordered a E6400 mid-afternoon yesterday from ClubIT. Received a tracking number by 8 pm, and it was sent out by 8 am this morning.

tys90 said:
I ordered a E6400 mid-afternoon yesterday from ClubIT. Received a tracking number by 8 pm, and it was sent out by 8 am this morning.

[rant]

Exactly. This thread is retarted.

I personally didn't expect to be able to come within 100ft of a Conroe at launch, let alone actually RECEIVE one. But you know what? I bought one, on a Wednesday, from an e-tailer who had tons in stock, and had received them TWO DAYS BEFORE. I figured they'd be gone instantly, but no. The result? An E6400 for $260. Not bad at all.

Stop being so damn worried, if you want a Conroe, there are PLENTY out there. Those that complain about not being able to find any just don't want to pay the inflated launch prices.

Everyone is trying to find a problem with Conroe, I'm getting kind of sick of it. Look back at all the stupid posts in this forum, trying to find the most miniscule little problem, there are tons of them. Once the prices are down, and availability is high, people will be complaining about 'ONLY' getting 50% or so on an OC out of one.

Regardless, there are tons out there. If you don't want to pay inflated prices, then don't complain, just friggin' wait. There are too many people out there who are willing to pay the premium. If you don't mind paying inflated prices to be the first on your block to get the best processor out there, then there are tons of places with them in stock, so go find one.

[/rant]

Blacklash said:
My E6700 should be here today so I am set. I know it's on the FedEx truck.

This conroe hype is in such a big frenzy, I would not be surprised to see these Fed Ex trucks, getting hijacked.

:eek:

Our dist is showing 8/18-8/25 on one (e6600+) , and 8/11 on others (e6300-6400)

Looks mid-late August till the conroes will be widely avail. (e6600/e6700/x6800 at least)

Now for my rant, or whatever you wanna call it.

This is how im seeing things. Intel is giving Dell HP Falcon Alienware etc the 27th. The retailers that pay big money are getting the 7th to shine, and then the leftovers being the SMBs, and smaller Etailers (total gross), etc are getting the last of it week or two later.

Its too much a coincadince that Intel is telling people you cant ship till (X) date. They are giving each 'tier' of business there own time to shine before they are let loose to everyone (dists!).

Basically, once its on dists, itll be widespread everywhere. Thats the pt of dists, and Intel is obviously and purposely avoiding shipping to dists till everyone else has had their week of glory.

Fact - the cheapest prices for hardware are from the SMB's, and Etailer online sale sites.

Fact - the most expensive prices are from CompUSA, etc - These big company's are not gonna be bought from when any joe-scmoe can go online and buy it for 50$+ LESS then other people out there who are really spending the big bucks w/ companys, like Intel.

In the jist of all the craziness of shipping directly from intel to tons of diff locations, which isnt their norm - they might of had people on their books who have gone from big retail co to online co - and sent them to them, or have friends of friends at intel and so forth. Thats the only way I can see how some etailer sites that werent all that known till this launch, because of their popularity of having conroes available, all a sudden are known sites because of all us hardcore peeps trying to get our fix from just about anyone if the price is right to us. Because face it the biggest etailers out there are ZZF, NE, hands down, and wheres their stock?

This is a way to give back to their retail outlets who are not seeing good sales, because of people like us who make very low profit margins, but sell large qtys to make profit still.

Bottomline , we sell too cheap - other co's are pissed and Intel is saying its cool, you have exclusivity and those hardcore geeks are gonna jump on you guys because they cant get their fix anywhere else, no matter the price (to a degree, hell tho people still bought x6800s for 1400$! so who knows!)

So our time will shine the week after the retailers get their rapes in for all the overpriced hardware they sell due to conroes availabilty on the 7th to these places only.

WE, the little guys - will be out there selling this hardware cheap when they hit our dists! So hold on, and let Intel know that there preplanned way of forcing us to be raped by retail costs is not working, and we are holding fast, and waiting on the little guys to acutally give the consumers out there GOOD PRICES, AND GOOD SERVICE.

Just to let you know, I managed to get a e6600 on saturday, I only preordered it on July 31, so on the monday before. This was from komplett.nl. They are out of stock now (seems like they got about 115 or so in, they all got sold in a day or so)

Here's a pic for you.

piccys021c-large.jpg

Cost me 300 euros (plus p+h), price has gone up to 320 now, most places though are around 340 or so, so you guys over in america can stop whining about prices :)

Now just waiting for my mobo and ram.

Not to sound like a butt, but who are you? Where is the information coming from? How is it you have the inside scoop on where the chips are going and in what quantity.

All your posts appear to be recent, most of them are dealing with Conroe and how it won't be available in quantity, another deals with your new AMD system that is replacing your Intel box, and yet another referencing a new 7950 update.

- Spuds

Nitebane said:
Our dist is showing 8/18-8/25 on one (e6600+) , and 8/11 on others (e6300-6400)

Looks mid-late August till the conroes will be widely avail. (e6600/e6700/x6800 at least)

Now for my rant, or whatever you wanna call it.

This is how im seeing things. Intel is giving Dell HP Falcon Alienware etc the 27th. The retailers that pay big money are getting the 7th to shine, and then the leftovers being the SMBs, and smaller Etailers (total gross), etc are getting the last of it week or two later.

Its too much a coincadince that Intel is telling people you cant ship till (X) date. They are giving each 'tier' of business there own time to shine before they are let loose to everyone (dists!).

Basically, once its on dists, itll be widespread everywhere. Thats the pt of dists, and Intel is obviously and purposely avoiding shipping to dists till everyone else has had their week of glory.

Fact - the cheapest prices for hardware are from the SMB's, and Etailer online sale sites.

Fact - the most expensive prices are from CompUSA, etc - These big company's are not gonna be bought from when any joe-scmoe can go online and buy it for 50$+ LESS then other people out there who are really spending the big bucks w/ companys, like Intel.

In the jist of all the craziness of shipping directly from intel to tons of diff locations, which isnt their norm - they might of had people on their books who have gone from big retail co to online co - and sent them to them, or have friends of friends at intel and so forth. Thats the only way I can see how some etailer sites that werent all that known till this launch, because of their popularity of having conroes available, all a sudden are known sites because of all us hardcore peeps trying to get our fix from just about anyone if the price is right to us. Because face it the biggest etailers out there are ZZF, NE, hands down, and wheres their stock?

This is a way to give back to their retail outlets who are not seeing good sales, because of people like us who make very low profit margins, but sell large qtys to make profit still.

Bottomline , we sell too cheap - other co's are pissed and Intel is saying its cool, you have exclusivity and those hardcore geeks are gonna jump on you guys because they cant get their fix anywhere else, no matter the price (to a degree, hell tho people still bought x6800s for 1400$! so who knows!)

So our time will shine the week after the retailers get their rapes in for all the overpriced hardware they sell due to conroes availabilty on the 7th to these places only.

WE, the little guys - will be out there selling this hardware cheap when they hit our dists! So hold on, and let Intel know that there preplanned way of forcing us to be raped by retail costs is not working, and we are holding fast, and waiting on the little guys to acutally give the consumers out there GOOD PRICES, AND GOOD SERVICE.

I have a couple of questions about this...

1) Pardon my ignorance, but what is an SMB?

2) If Intel is doing this just to give preference to the "big guys", then how come I can't get them at any of the "big guys"? The only B&M store I know of right now that has all of the Core 2's is MicroCenter... and I don't think I'd call them one of the "big guys". If this is all a ploy to get me to by a Core 2 at a higher-priced B&M, it's a pretty lousy ploy, since I can't find anyone in the same state as me that's selling them.

Sure the OEMs are getting them, but I imagine that very, very few people would run out and buy a Dell with a Core 2 Duo (just so they can get one a couple weeks earlier) if they had already planned on building their own Core 2 Duo system.

WATYF

WATYF said:
2) If Intel is doing this just to give preference to the "big guys", then how come I can't get this CPU at any of the "big guys"? The only B&M store I know of right now that you can get this at is MicroCenter...

I think by "big guys" he meant Dell, HP, etc. I may be wrong though.

WATYF said:
Sure the OEMs are getting them, but no one's gonna run out and buy a Dell with a Core 2 Duo if they had previously planned on building their own Core 2 Duo just so they can get one a couple weeks earlier.

Actually... the people who drive this market will buy them from OEMs. The money is made in volume, not the "home builder." People that are planning to build their system will wait a bit longer to do so... since this group typically knows that Conroe is the best and they want the best. I would be a mistake, business wise, to saturate the retail market with CPUs while giving minimal product to the ones who deal in volume.. ie make the profits. It sucks for you guys... but that's the reality of business.

Poncho said:
I think by "big guys" he meant Dell, HP, etc. I may be wrong though.

Actually... the people who drive this market will buy them from OEMs. The money is made in volume, not the "home builder." People that are planning to build their system will wait a bit longer to do so... since this group typically knows that Conroe is the best and they want the best. I would be a mistake, business wise, to saturate the retail market with CPUs while giving minimal product to the ones who deal in volume.. ie make the profits. It sucks for you guys... but that's the reality of business.

Actually, he was talking about the large "big-box" retailers, not the OEMs. He specifically mentioned Comp USA.

And I completely agree with you that Intel is more concerned with the OEMs, because most people just buy their PC from Dell (or whoever).. and that's fine. But the OP was posing a theory that Intel is holding out on the smaller distributors so that it could channel sales (of individual CPUs) to the larger retailers (i.e. Comp USA). This is the theory that I found questionable. Intel giving first dibs to the OEMs is not in question at all. That's a fact.

WATYF

<SMB = Small Business>

I've been lurking HardOCP for years, and when things come up that I show alot of interest I come here to see what the pros have to say, or are talking about.

How do I know this? because I have a business that is local sales only useally, but lately weve been helping friends of friends and what not out of state, to get them a good price. Our business makes crap for profit, but we are happy to help others, and it is a real feeling of satisfaction when our customers are glowing when we demo their system, for 1-2hrs or more sometimes, showing them the basics, from how to set it up when they get home, to showing them their software and how to operate it (free ofc!). I am of the many hundreds and thousands of little guys who are waiting stock from the big distrubtors we all grow off.

I am most fond of Conroe, and staying in discussion when I have input, because I have always liked Intel. Lets face it, AMD has had them by the balls and even our close friends at Intel has said the same exact thing by quote. But now? Intel has a rival product that is changing the way things were done then, and now. Thats a kudos from me, because they are great w/ our business giving us 24hr turnaround on any products we purchase thru the IPD program, which we are a member of. There service is top notch, costs us nothing for shipping for that next day delivery, and we in return can offer superb service to our customers.

Just because I dont have a spazzy title here under my poster name, does not mean the information I am giving is created and false, or what have you. This is straight copy/paste from major dists. If they dont have it, its not going to be widespread. Little trickles here and there w/ friends of friends getting stuff straight from Intel, or promotional launch material sent to the bigger co's out there. Thats why theres post and post about "Where can I buy it?" , "Where can I get a good price?", and so on. Thats why its out of stock 24hrs after being put up for sale! When these dates hit, youll see the widespread booming of Intel and Conroe launched worldwide, and available everywhere at prices that are expected , instead of inflated due to people taking advatnage of you, the consumers.

I figured people want to know whats going on, and thats it really. Take of what you will from it, my opinions are just that. The facts are there too.

Have a great day!

WATYF said:
Actually, he was talking about the large "big-box" retailers, not the OEMs. He specifically mentioned Comp USA.

And I completely agree with you that Intel is more concerned with the OEMs, because most people just buy their PC from Dell (or whoever).. and that's fine. But the OP was posing a theory that Intel is holding out on the smaller distributors so that it could channel sales (of individual CPUs) to the larger retailers (i.e. Comp USA). This is the theory that I found questionable. Intel giving first dibs to the OEMs is not in question at all. That's a fact.

WATYF

My mistake... I didn't really read his post, just assumed. :D But really... it does even apply to the "big box" market. You give first priority to the people that can move quantity. Bobs 'puter shop can move the volume that CompUSA can. :D

Big co's LIKE compusa, honestly CompUSA doesnt seem to be in on this time around, but Frys, and Microstore, and other retail stores do. They couldnt of got them from dist because dist do not have them yet, (any of intel's official IPD dists!)

The pt i was trying to make is, if Intel wanted Conroe to launch smoothly and widely available after Dell, HP and the bigboys had their weeks to shine - then it would be on our dists today, hell yesterday. It's not. Then retail stores are saying Intel said cant ship to the 7th! Its quite obvious they are giving them to people in a ceritan order, w/ certain instructions. Our dists dont give us those kinda regulations, the manufacturer is doing it, in this case, Intel.

I promise you , you wont see a wide available selection of these in stock, at affordable prices untill AFTER the 15-18th. (This goes for e6600/e6700/x6800) I do expect to see the 6300,6400s come around next week - as they are showing avail at our dists next week.

Im just giving information that is not widely available out there, this information might be useful to some in there decision to buy now, or later - and for the pure reason of having the information needed to know whats going on at the major dists that Intel distribute widely from.

Poncho said:
My mistake... I didn't really read his post, just assumed. :D But really... it does even apply to the "big box" market. You give first priority to the people that can move quantity. Bobs 'puter shop can move the volume that CompUSA can. :D
And I don't disagree with that... Intel can give preference to OEM's and big box retailers however they want. My only curiosity was with whether or not that's actually happening with the big box retailers.

WATYF

Nitebane said:
Big co's LIKE compusa, honestly CompUSA doesnt seem to be in on this time around, but Frys, and Microstore, and other retail stores do. They couldnt of got them from dist because dist do not have them yet, (any of intel's official IPD dists!)

The pt i was trying to make is, if Intel wanted Conroe to launch smoothly and widely available after Dell, HP and the bigboys had their weeks to shine - then it would be on our dists today, hell yesterday. It's not. Then retail stores are saying Intel said cant ship to the 7th! Its quite obvious they are giving them to people in a ceritan order, w/ certain instructions. Our dists dont give us those kinda regulations, the manufacturer is doing it, in this case, Intel.

I promise you , you wont see a wide available selection of these in stock, at affordable prices untill AFTER the 15-18th. (This goes for e6600/e6700/x6800) I do expect to see the 6300,6400s come around next week - as they are showing avail at our dists next week.

Im just giving information that is not widely available out there, this information might be useful to some in there decision to buy now, or later - and for the pure reason of having the information needed to know whats going on at the major dists that Intel distribute widely from.
I'm still kinda unclear on how there is "big box" special treatment on Intel's part. Like I said, the only B&M that I know of that has all the Core 2's is Microcenter (not exactly a huge player). Fry's only has 6300's and 6400's... but so does ZipZoomFly... Hell... ZZF had 6300's and 6400's the day of the "launch party" and plenty of people bought them.

Just to be clear, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that wide distribution won't be available until mid-month... but based on all the data I've collected so far (i.e. who has what and when) I'm not sure what makes you conclude that big name retailers are getting a free pass on this one (and if they are... please PM me a list of the ones in Missouri that have them :D)

WATYF

<atech excerpt>orig posted mid july

Despite pulling in the official launch date for Core 2 processor benchmarks, shipment dates for the CPUs haven't changed. According to Intel:

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August. Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability.

From what Intel is telling us, you shouldn't be able to so much as purchase Core 2 processors until after the first week in August, although you'll be able to get complete systems before then. At the same time, we're hearing that distributors already have some Core 2 parts in stock and will begin shipping very soon. While we tend to believe Intel's assessment of availability, we're hoping it's conservative.

If Intel's availability statements are true or even worse, overly optimistic, then don't expect to be upgrading to a Core 2 system anytime soon. However, if all goes well, although Vista may be delayed until 2007, Intel's Core 2 processors will give you a very good reason to upgrade this year.

<aatech excerpt>

Seems they are on schedule then. lol

Heres an update on the ETA status. Its been lowered some days, so that can be a good thing.

Heres the E6400's stock status for Intel's IPD.

Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz 2MB 1066FSB LGA775
Search INTEL in Other CPU
Compare Similar Products
Add To Favorite
Email Technote comments to us
Send Email to Sales Rep
Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz 2MB 1066FSB LGA775
Description
BOX CORE 2 DUO E6400-2.13G - 2M - 1066 EM64 - LGA775

Name Address Cutoff Time Avail. On Order ETA
ACCE Greensburg PA View Detail 0 0
ACCW Ventura CA View Detail 0 0
BLKN COMPTON CA View Detail 0 0
DAT Norcross GA View Detail 0 175
8/11/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DCH Glendale Hts IL View Detail 0 950
8/11/06
8/13/06
8/18/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DDC Chantilly VA View Detail 0 80
8/11/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DDS Fremont CA View Detail 0 0
DFL Miami FL View Detail 0 210
8/11/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DFR Fremont CA View Detail 0 780
8/18/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DLA City of Industry CA View Detail 0 780
8/18/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DNJ Edison NJ View Detail 0 1070
8/11/06
8/18/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DNV North Las Vegas NV View Detail 0 200
8/11/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DOR Beaverton OR View Detail 0 65
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DTN Memphis TN View Detail 0 125
8/11/06
8/25/06
9/1/06
9/8/06
9/15/06
9/22/06
9/29/06
DTX Richardson TX View Detail 0 30
8/11/06
9/1/06
KIN1 FOUNTAIN VALLEY CA View Detail 0 0
Total STOCK INC
0 4465

Each OEM has their own product introduction / transition cycles based upon their target market segment and current product offerings. We expect some to offer product in August with more introductions extending through September. Check with the OEMs of your choice to get their specific message on system availability.

Did they mention the full moon?
maybe its the tides?

They used doubletalk to doubletalk the doubletalk.

IF they had all these proecssors and shipping you could state a date.
I don't think they have many, and the yields must be pathetic.
Remember they have had these on the machines since their January demos
thats 8 months since they showed them running.
what have they made 10 or 12 since that day

sparks

Back