bad hardware?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
my 2011 HP Dm1z netbook AMD e-350 zacate with Samsung 250 Evo and 8 GB ram has BSOD randomly 5 times in the last week. I rolled back the drivers no difference. switched out the Intel SSD for Samsung no difference. Downloaded and ran the windows sdk debugger and got this: windows BSOD message was unrecoverable hardware error

KM:x64_0x124 AuthenticAMD_processor_tlb
hastag 43d6b821-8662-dfa6-fb8b-cfa627-fa2356

I am not a programmer. Does this mean a processor failure? I have even restored the whole system back to an earlier time. I have not had any failures running Heaven benchmark or prime 95. machine does hit 75 to 80 C during bench marks. Heat failure related?. Crash occurs randomly usually during normal use internet etc. should I just call it and strip for parts mem and ssd?

PS I run Malware bytes premium.an Avast. Full scan found no virus or malware.

Strip it and sell off the parts. Your CPU is hosed, and since it's soldered to the mainboard, the whole thing is useless.

Error 124 is a hardware failure of main components, 9C is a related one that may crop up as well. Based on the "tlb" suffix, an important part of your CPU's cache system is faulty.

Trying one last thing If it fails then its toast. Most if not all the crashes occurred when browsing with chrome. Come to find out Chrome hardware acceleration doesn't espicially like AMD Gpus. Several posts I have read since my last post claim turning off hardware acceleration in chrome stopped the crashes and they WERE of the 0124 type. I really don't have much hpoe for this though.... I did disable this on my I7 laptops and Chrome took off like a Rocket! I will let you know and thanks for the info...

Uninstalled Chrome Only seems to crash in Chrome, went back to IE. With all the problems Google has had with Android 5 lollipop It wouldn't surprise me that Chrome browser is have new pains also with java being disabled and all. Maybe Google needs some quality programing. Anyhoo if I have any crashes BSOD with IE I will gut this machine pull the ram and ssd. Hell maybe I will even give it a Viking funeral haha.

Back