Bad fps with shadow of Tomb Raider

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Am I only one getting bad framerates with a 2080 in tomb raider with Rtx and every feature maxed out at 2K resolution?

It's already well known that RTX kills performance when you turn it on. What is your full spec? If its that system in your sig... well, lol that's probably part of the reason.

Z270-Ws + 6700K @ 4.5ghz 16 gb 2666mhz ram. Msi Trio X 2080. Samsung nvme drives in raid 0.

Wanted to add that I thought DLSS increased performance? Anyhow getting about 50 - 60 fps at best. Thought such a monster of a video card would own this game but I guess not. Thanks.

Wanted to add that I thought DLSS increased performance? Anyhow getting about 50 - 60 fps at best. Thought such a monster of a video card would own this game but I guess not. Thanks.

DLSS and ray tracing are 2 different things... ray tracing is what kills performance. DLSS is better performance than other AA's but doesn't look as good.

Read some reviews, your expectations are too high for 1st gen RTX.

DLSS increases performance by making it look worse. and in most of the time you are better of just reducing resolution AFAIK

Reactions: Nenu
like this
DLSS increases performance by making it look worse. and in most of the time you are better of just reducing resolution AFAIK

Lowering resolution on my 32" LG 4k monitor looks like ass compared to DLSS in Anthem.

FPS increase is very noticeable. RTX 2070.

Back