• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Bad Deal - Zones.com

scatpack

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2000
Messages
435
Stay away from Zones.com (maczone, pc zone)

I ordered a All-In-One power adapter for my Emachine laptop. Only after getting it did I find out it wasnt compatible with my laptop.

So I called up for a return RMA and they want to charge me a 30% restocking fee! Thats over $24 bucks to return it! And its in perfect shape, the tape isnt even ripped!

What a rip off. Ill never order from them again. And Id advise you do the same!
 
while that does suck and is a pain in the ass, lots of places charge a restocking fee. 30% is a lot, especially when it comes out to $24, but keep in mind that it's not their fault you picked out an incompatible power adapter. sorry you've gotta pay but i guess you learned a lesson, which is always do research before you buy it. :eek:
 
unfortunately, we are the ones doing the research on the M6805...there is very little data out there unless you read the FAQ in the Mobile Computing area, and no one else had tried 3rd party adapters.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
 
I did the research... and Zones told me it would work. And yet, they still want to charge me the 30%!
 
I'm gonna have to agree here. These were the guys that hung up on and yelled at all of us when we called about their $11k athlon 1100, remember?
Also, I have a client to whom they sold a compaq Evo and monitor. When I came in to set them up, I found she had a Viewsonic GSeries monitor, far superior to that Compaq POS, and the Viewsonic was flat. I told her she had a better monitor.
She calls up Zones the next day and to avoid having to refund her, they lie to her. They told her I must be doing something with 'graphics', and that this monitor was a far better monitor for day to day use. I was under the impression that all monitors were for 'graphics', perhaps not photo editing or video editing, but graphics. Kinda vague too. She even believed them over the tech she pays to do her computer work. Any company that lies to its customers just to save a dollar won't get my business, at least if I find out.
 
Back
Top