Bad connection to PSN

dextr3k

Gawd
I seem to have a bad/unstable connection to PSN or whatever servers they host their game updates on. I have GT5, and previous, smaller updates have been fine for me to download, although sometimes long, but doable.

However, the new 1.05 update forces a 600 mb download, and my ps3 tells me it'll be approximately 500 minutes before its finished downloading. And everytime I've attempted to leave my system running for 500 min to download this update, it'll crap out at some point. The highest I've gotten it to is about 35%.

I have no problems with waiting, even leaving my ps3 on for 10 hours to download this mega update, but it doesn't seem to want to complete. I know I can just disconnect the system in order to play, but I want the new features, bug fixes, and whatever else they put out. I just cant seem to get it.

Anyone have any tips? I'm on dsl and it is a stable internet connection, so I'm at a loss at what to do.

Make sure your router firmware is up to data and UPNP is enabled on the router. Run the connection test on the PS3 as well and report back here with anything that looks fishy. If you have have any extra devices in your network chain, try plugging the PS3 directly into the DSL modem.

Are you having the problem over wireless? If so, try wired.

I am wired into the network. And the connection test on the PS3 shows all good. I actually cant connect to PSN when UPNP is enabled, so I am hesitant to turn it back on.....

I looked into trying to update by USB, and thats only available for the firmwares, not game updates....so sad....

um....some T-Link router, its a asian brand, lol....Yeah I guess that kinda explains it, I'll try to straightpipe it later...

Back