Bad companyb 2 Bugs and issues Thread

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
brillaint. online doesnt work for me. keeps saying "Failed to connect to ea online " when going into the server browser. well done EA/DICE.

by the way, lets keep discussuions about bugs and issues in this thread. cheers

Steam version? If so, close all instances of Steam and BC2. Run steam as admin. Then run BC2 as admin. This fixed this issue for me.

Good luck

Lame. I am at work so I couldn't tell you if I am having problems today or not. Reading the forumns though the servers might be down right now. Didn't the UK version just get released? EA is probably getting overloaded.

Who knows. I hope it's working when I get home though!

I think this thread will be gigantic soon ;)

Yeah, same here jonneymendoza can't connect to EA Server, very disappointing. I was looking forward to playing a few hours this evening. So far I've play all of about 1 hour!

I think, I'll try the SP.

Lame. I am at work so I couldn't tell you if I am having problems today or not. Reading the forumns though the servers might be down right now. Didn't the UK version just get released? EA is probably getting overloaded.

Who knows. I hope it's working when I get home though!

Yes, the UK version came out today so probably a lot more traffic.

I got my pre-order earlier in the week from game.co.uk. Not that it's mattered much as I barely been online so far.

Soon I'll be the lowest ranked person online, I bet there are 11+ rankers out there already

fucking joke this is. i cant even login now. fuck this. is their a single PC game that actually fucking works from day 1?

what the fuck was the point of having a beta for this game?

Yes, the UK version came out today so probably a lot more traffic.

I got my pre-order earlier in the week from game.co.uk. Not that it's mattered much as I barely been online so far.

Soon I'll be the lowest ranked person online, I bet there are 11+ rankers out there already

I saw a rank 49 person earlier. He was complaining about how everyone else was terrible and a noob, obviously.

As for bugs on my end, I get a few random CTD's. Truly random, can happen as I join a server, startup a singleplayer game, kill a person, etc. Also I can't bind any mice button that aren't left and right click which is weird considering they worked fine in the beta.

fucking joke this is. i cant even login now. fuck this. is their a single PC game that actually fucking works from day 1?

what the fuck was the point of having a beta for this game?

You need to calm down.

Also, my buddy is over rank 18...

I haven't made it to rank 1 yet, lol

Just played a bit of the singleplayer

Seems ok, lots of cutscenes.. for a second there I thought I was playing a 1944 WW II game.

Tried logging in again but can't connect to EA Server. Guess it's time to call it a night and try again tomorrow.

Having a lot of issues trying to connect to servers and getting disconnected sometimes, not complaining too much though because I expect it to be fixed soon. The single player cutscenes are really choppy for me, but the rest of the game plays fine.

I'm not having trouble w/ the server in the USA, in the midwest. Unless you mean that it's slow...I'm only talking a refresh wait of 8 - 10 seconds. I've gotten into every game I wanted to play. Level 5 now. No bugs or crashing w/ me using an ATI 5870. This game does not stress the 5870.

Edit: forgot, 1920x1200, mostly max settings, quad. cpu.

Last edited:
People, people, a small independent game developer like EA clearly does not have the funds or manpower to stress test their servers prior to a commercial release.

Two things got this game to work for me... was unable to log on and when I did I got kicked after 10secs.

1. Delete all BFBC2 beta folders (in docs folder and game folder)

2. Manually install the Punkbuster BFBC2 update.

Myself in CA, my friend in Calgary, and friend in Bristol, UK have had no connection issues. Logged about 6 hours of intensely fun gameplay!

We all uninstalled the beta, if that means anything. (One friend didn't have the beta in his gamelist any more, but it was still in his steam directory, so don't rule that out)

I can't login now either... im sad, my gf's at the mall and I was planning on playing

.. I tried doing that but was like wow.. this sucks.. Esc -> Exit.

no damn team work in COD..

I noticed that in the singleplayer part the cutscenes will revert a custom FOV back to the default one after they end. Only fix is to reach a checkpoint after the cutscene, quit the game and relaunch it.

I saw a rank 49 person earlier. He was complaining about how everyone else was terrible and a noob, obviously.

As for bugs on my end, I get a few random CTD's. Truly random, can happen as I join a server, startup a singleplayer game, kill a person, etc. Also I can't bind any mice button that aren't left and right click which is weird considering they worked fine in the beta.

or how about actually having a life?

No joke, I'm willing to admit I'm a pretty lifeless person myself, all I've done for he past 2 weeks is calculus, comp sci, and physics, and some Heros of neweath. I'll also quite happily admit I'm not very good at most of the games I play,

but seriously, dude, to these people who pick something up for 10 hrs + on the first day its out, wtf do you do? School? Work? Career? Clubs? what!?

or how about actually having a life?

No joke, I'm willing to admit I'm a pretty lifeless person myself, all I've done for he past 2 weeks is calculus, comp sci, and physics, and some Heros of neweath. I'll also quite happily admit I'm not very good at most of the games I play,

but seriously, dude, to these people who pick something up for 10 hrs + on the first day its out, wtf do you do? School? Work? Career? Clubs? what!?

Trust fund kiddies.

People are going into servers alone with another friend and they just hold E on the M-Com. So one guy arms it and the other defuses it over and over and over, basically stat padding.

I was seeing guys with multiple gold stars (like Gold x2) on weapons after the first day and kept thinking to myself: "I come in as ace player or atleast top 3 regularly and I still haven't laid down that many kills on a single weapon."

Seriously makes me feel bad. :(

People are going into servers alone with another friend and they just hold E on the M-Com. So one guy arms it and the other defuses it over and over and over, basically stat padding.

Silly kids, this isn't an MMO, it doesn't take a year to level up and get new weapons. I've been playing for like 4 hours total and I already have half the unlocks

Silly kids, this isn't an MMO, it doesn't take a year to level up and get new weapons. I've been playing for like 4 hours total and I already have half the unlocks

Getting the unlocks while everyone is still low level does give you an advantage though. Just this morning I happened across a server where most of the players were lower rank than me(i'm like rank 17-18 now).

I went around with Recon spec and a Spaz-12 with the magnum rounds and increased explosive specs and raped pretty handily. If I wanted someone dead who was out of shotty range I switched to the Rex revolver. Man that thing is killer.

Also, I haven't had access to my M1 since yesterday :(

I liked using that on assault and engineer.

how did they fuck up the server browser anyways? server browsers like this have been standard for over 10 years now:rolleyes:

how did they fuck up the server browser anyways? server browsers like this have been standard for over 10 years now:rolleyes:

They went for flash more so than functionability. Just keep a crappy looking server browser like Valve games and the like and be done with it. I don't care about how the server list looks like -0-.

I want the joystick support and I want it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

Signed,
Veruca Salts

Seriously; I can't seemed to get the damned helo or UAV off the fucking ground even with keyboard/mouse. Won't ascend at all.

Still having a blast playing this game but EA please fix the joystick support so I too can reign down hell from the heavens. :D

Back