Bad Company 2

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037851369 said:
Will BF3's AT4 function the same? I hope so.

Also the fast spawn 24/7 isla server is a good server to practice AT4'ing.

LOL, that's all I play is isla, but all Sir Monkey plays is Heavy Metal :D

if they have anything like the AT-4 it will most likely be the TV missile like they had in BF2.

and yes all i play is heavy metal, i got bored with all the small ass maps. though i haven't played BC2 in over a month.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037851417 said:
Ya that sux, there is a shitty stinger, but it's no run. And the RPG is sloooooooooooooooow.

The real deal doesn't fuck around and waltzbto where you put it. I don't mind the reduced personnel damage for balance, but don't make it take 3 days to get there too.

all a tank has to do to be completely rpg safe is stay at mid- long range and start/ stop perpindicular tonthe at soldier.

forgive the typos. ipad sucks.

The rocket motor ignites after 10 meters and sustains flight out to 500 meters at a maximum velocity of 295 meters per second.
295 Meters per Second = 659.8962061560487 Miles per Hour

The real deal doesn't fuck around and waltzbto where you put it. I don't mind the reduced personnel damage for balance, but don't make it take 3 days to get there too.

all a tank has to do to be completely rpg safe is stay at mid- long range and start/ stop perpindicular tonthe at soldier.

forgive the typos. ipad sucks.

The rocket motor ignites after 10 meters and sustains flight out to 500 meters at a maximum velocity of 295 meters per second.
295 Meters per Second = 659.8962061560487 Miles per Hour

then scale that 660mph down to game size.. the real jets do mach 1+ but in game they do about 200-300mph.. its all about scale.

anyone see the latest special Mythbusters had on "RPG vs bullet"?

One thing many people don't realize that have played modern war games is that yes, these RPG's travel at 500/600/700 miles per hour. Even on high speed 1000fps cameras they were quite zippy. In "real life" all you see is a flash and then a boom. There is no such (real) thing as a slow moving RPG you can "avoid".

For the sake of the game, balance, fun, of course they had to slow these (and lots of other things down) for people to have "fun" with them.

anyone see the latest special Mythbusters had on "RPG vs bullet"?

One thing many people don't realize that have played modern war games is that yes, these RPG's travel at 500/600/700 miles per hour. Even on high speed 1000fps cameras they were quite zippy. In "real life" all you see is a flash and then a boom. There is no such (real) thing as a slow moving RPG you can "avoid".

For the sake of the game, balance, fun, of course they had to slow these (and lots of other things down) for people to have "fun" with them.

yep that was an awesome episode too.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1037850806 said:
AWESOME shot firas, I like how you shot way to the right of the heli and curved it in, +10 style points.

Lately I've been having more fun with AT4, instead of just shooting directly at the target I'll do what you did above or i'll spiral the rocket towards the heli, doing that really gets props from the pilots when they get hit.

According to stats Ive fired off 30,000 AT4's and 20,000 of them hit :p

I need to start recording more.

Whats ur in game name? we should AT4 heli's together.

I always shoot directly but I'll start curving them from now on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stt0IrAagi4 :D
name is STORM_F ;) (~250 ping is US based servers)

I'd have more luck chucking the at4 at them. I can't shoot that thing for shit.

I said the same earlier in this thread, at first I lost any hope of knowing how to use it so I started using the tracer gun, then when everyone used the smoke upgrade I used the CG, then I think the first BF3 trailer came out and I was so exited and thought something like the AT4 would be in it so I started practicing. it took me alot more than sirmonkey to get used to it.

the stinger in BF3 is BS, drifting with the EOD bot is more fun.

I always shoot directly but I'll start curving them from now on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stt0IrAagi4 :D
name is STORM_F ;) (~250 ping is US based servers)

I said the same earlier in this thread, at first I lost any hope of knowing how to use it so I started using the tracer gun, then when everyone used the smoke upgrade I used the CG, then I think the first BF3 trailer came out and I was so exited and thought something like the AT4 would be in it so I started practicing. it took me alot more than sirmonkey to get used to it.

the majority of people that use smoke use it so wrong its easy to counter.. just be glad you didn't start using the AT-4 before the last major patch for BFBC2.. the AT-4 missile was so damn slow that it was a pain in the ass to hit anything. so no one really used it. once the patch came out everyone switched to the AT-4.

Yep, they need AT4 in BF3, man that would be awesome!!!

EOD bot is hilarious. Also the MAV/UAV or whatever it's called is really cool, its the R2D2 looking thing that flys in the sky and u can spot enemies with it.

My buddy and I were having some robot wars, his UAV vs my EOD, was hella funny looking watching his UAV crash into my EOD trying to knock it over as I tried to torch it with my EOD's torch arm, we had a good audience of 4-5 spectators stops at spawn to watch. Was a funny battlefield moment.

I cannot connect to any BFBC2 servers now. Connection is lost every time I try to connect. Is it only me?

I noticed last night there were only like 15 or 16 squad deathmatch maps last night...and most of the rush servers were not full

Played Caspian Border for about 20 minutes until it crashed, and proceeded to fire up BC2. Is it just me or is the fun factor of BC2 so much more than BF3?

..and mashed potatoes is tasty as fuck. Especially with some sour cream, cheese and bacon bits. It's so hard to jump onto this bf3 hype bandwagon when the beta is so unfun.

what the hell is up with the constant "your connection to the game server has been lost" now?

Fired up BC2 after over a year off. The BF3 withdrawals drew me to it. Was sad to see very few servers out there, most of which I couldn't connect to. But seems like a lot of you here are having those issues as well. Hopefully it's just temporary as they ready BF3 for launch.

i got this too so i deleted the pb folder and downloaded the updated pbsetup.exe from punkbuster, ran it, updated pb files and got in fine. try that?

..and mashed potatoes is tasty as fuck. Especially with some sour cream, cheese and bacon bits. It's so hard to jump onto this bf3 hype bandwagon when the beta is so unfun.

Yeah you're right. I'm still going to play BC2, just to fly the helis to gain more practice.

Played Caspian Border for about 20 minutes until it crashed, and proceeded to fire up BC2. Is it just me or is the fun factor of BC2 so much more than BF3?

Yeah, BC2 is still great fun especially with a clan. Nice to go back to it after the BF3 Beta, the game runs so smoothly and is so easy to aim with no lag. Totally and utterly dominated which is nice!

BF3 actual game is much more like bc2 than what you saw in the beta. Damage is less hardcore than it was in the beta. No more one shot kills unless it is a headshot.

http://www.enterbf3.com/news/544-battlefield-3-beta-a-wellspring-of-misinformation/

BF3 will be the best fps out there for a good while. I know there will be issues but even BC2 + new maps and the improved graphics would be ok by me. I would prefer they actually make the vehicles distinctive and handle different than they do but yeah. Good enough for me. I am mainly a squad leader for comp anyway. Infy ftw.

Last edited:
man this game has been a mess lately. constant "connection to the game server has been lost" while trying to join a server.

Logging out and logging back in has been fixing the connection lost thing for me.

I noticed last night there were only like 15 or 16 squad deathmatch maps last night...and most of the rush servers were not full

I have actually stopped playing BC2 after trying BF3. Don't know if it is just me but after having a break from BC2, its harder to get back into. I was in a groove a couple of away from Lvl. 50.

to bump my favorite topic here is a few result screenies from today's clan battle

xg2a1.jpg

6gx64p.jpg

35hlbg7.jpg

140kjyv.jpg

we won the match :D

all in Isla

they had better AT4 players so they lasted a little longer than us in the sky, even crash landing was hard for us though I normaly can fly for a complete round and dodge dozens of good AT4's while the gunners pin the other team in spawn

that 30 seconds (at max) they spent in the sky is the reason some of them had good k/d and we had bad k/ds. that kae guy is like an aimbot with the heli gun :eek: it was spawn then die after 0.01 seconds with him in the sky.
all my AT4 shots were without scope (hycy style) because thats the only way to shoot a good pilot for me, it's not hard as it looks like, shooting AT4 without scopping makes the rocket goes to heli like if there was some king of magnet between them.

BC2 is still fun as hell. i'm just now getting into the vietnam expansion (bought it at launch, only played a bit). shame too because it's essentially dead now. thankfully there's a couple servers that still fill up and are low ping for me.

I get that feeling as well. BF3 can be fun, but bad company was a lot of fun!

damn nice shots. they need to add the AT4 to BF3 in some future DLC.

I just got BF3 when it was on sale (ended my no steam no BF3) but if it had AT4 I would've bought it from day one even if it required facebook and iphone and had an anti-steam logo :D

damn nice shots. they need to add the AT4 to BF3 in some future DLC.

if they did, i'd install it even if i only got 30fps.. i was a beast with the AT4.. all the stupid lock on fire and forget missiles are dumb.

Who wants to play some Valparaiso/ Isla Inocentes tonight? I'm a damn good pilot and can create a no fly zone on Isla :p You will have fun playing with me, but not against :p

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038812227 said:
Who wants to play some Valparaiso/ Isla Inocentes tonight? I'm a damn good pilot and can create a no fly zone on Isla :p You will have fun playing with me, but not against :p

Which server? I haven't played Rush forever. Soldier name is Haemato. People generally don't have fun playing against me either.

Back