Bad Company 2

Would be cool to see all those pulled off in a single round, which wouldn't be too hard. 30,000 points just from Gold-stars.

Take a screenshot :p

I've gotten 25-30,000 in award points in a single round before just from luck...

Would be cool to see all those pulled off in a single round, which wouldn't be too hard. 30,000 points just from Gold-stars.

I've gotten 25-30,000 in award points in a single round before just from luck...

I hit 22K once and nearly shat myself.

ah tell me about it

vifv46.jpg

Jeez Louise, and I thought my pre-nerf 3,300 M60 kills was a lot.

I've really tried liking the AN-94 - can't get used to the burst fire (probably because I'm used to the LMGs characteristics)

Last edited:
I'm primed for a good round :D

BC2Stars.png

What site is that from or are those in game screenshots? Premature Congrats on your upcoming Gold mine. :D

Jeez Louise, and I thought my pre-nerf 3,300 M60 kills was a lot.

I've really tried liking the AN-94 - can't get used to the burst fire (probably because I'm used to the LMGs characteristics)

I had 2,500+ M60 prenerf kills and it took getting used to having to go back to seeing an enemy close/mid range and remember to do the 'tap tap tap'. I've got 1,600+ kills with the AN-94 but bow to Mr. 7,000 and his supremeness with it.

Last edited:
I'm primed for a good round :D

BC2Stars.png

Gotta love it when all the golds come round at once, not to mention platinums, got the CG and MG36 platinums in back to back games. The wait until the next batch is a long one though.

I had 2,500+ M60 prenerf kills and it took getting used to having to go back to seeing an enemy close/mid range and remember to do the 'tap tap tap'.

I keep forgetting the tap tap tap routine, especially in close quater combat where I'd normally circle strafe and simply keep the fire button down with a LMG. The adjustment is a big one coming from killing nearly 7000 enemies with LMGs

Last night I went 10 / 8 with the AN-94 but most of those kills were due to me getting the jump on the enemy due to map knowledge.

Exactly.

I was playing with some LMGs yesterday - M249, MG36 and T88. I then switched to the M60 and it was a night and day difference. (I don't normally use the M60 anymore because I already got platinum on it.) As far as I can tell the nerf wasn't much. It's still the best damn gun in the game.

Naw, the an-94 is ;)

I think the AN-94 is the best simply because of the combination of damage and accuracy, two-round burst (controlled ammo depletion), and highest damage/clip out of the assault rifles. In CQB against multiple enemies it is surprisingly good because you can kill several before reloading or going down. Behind enemy lines I always find even the venerable M416 or crazy F2000 insufficient because the clip is gone real quick and I haven't dropped enough of the other guys to reload safely.

Then again, the M60 does the same damage and has a 100-round clip..

I had a .65 KDR at Level 19.. I'm level 29 now and my KDR is finally 1.40 and steadily climbing. Getting a lot of 4+ rounds.

I had a .65 KDR at Level 19.. I'm level 29 now and my KDR is finally 1.40 and steadily climbing. Getting a lot of 4+ rounds.

Same thing happend to me, I had 1200 kills and 2000 deaths when I decided to fix it. I just now evened it out at level 28. Im over 4000 kills/deaths at .99 kdr. Should go over 1 tonight. Pisses me off, I get around 1.0kdr on my lcd and 1.5-3 on my crt. Needless to say, if I want that score to go up.. im squinting at the 17" crt lol.

will do, the trick will be getting the AT mine first and then rattling off the others.

What site is that from or are those in game screenshots? Premature Congrats on your upcoming Gold mine. :D

in-game screenshots, "edited" with my mastery of Paint :D

Gotta love it when all the golds come round at once, not to mention platinums, got the CG and MG36 platinums in back to back games. The wait until the next batch is a long one though.

i checked last night and noticed i had several that were 3, 5, 9, etc. kills away so i decided to prime them all for one round. after i got the 74u to within 1 kill i switched to the 9A-91 Avtomat and kept working on AT mines. i was about 70 kills away with that weapon so i figured i was good to go. but the stars aligned and i had a couple of unusually good rounds with the 9A-91 and ended up getting another gold star for it while i was priming the AT mines. shame i didn't have the forethought to add it to the list.

Do you actually go out of your way to abuse all of the bullshit weapons in the game?

why don't you enlighten me with your knowledge and authority on 'non-bullshit' weapons? that way i can stick to them and not suffer the unbearable ridicule of wiznillyp, a random user-name on an internet forum.

those happen to be the ones that were close. i've got gold stars for every weapon.

lol indeed

A lot of other weapons aren't used for a reason. They suck.

Though I'm working on my M14 platinum. I actually want that one.

lol indeed

A lot of other weapons aren't used for a reason. They suck.

Though I'm working on my M14 platinum. I actually want that one.

I'm going through getting all my bronzes now and the M14 and G3 are guns that I find very hard to kill with. Did these get nerfed big time with the patch?

How are the AT mine and ak74U bullshit weapons??

I hate people who complain about the CG when they use the AN94 or M60. What happened to the m16? everyone just uses AN94 now.

Do you actually go out of your way to abuse all of the bullshit weapons in the game?

How is that abuse? You don't even know what level he is. He has a pretty good spread of gold stars and none of them are even incredibly 'high' so he's a pretty balanced player. Abuse is getting platinum CG without getting gold stars on the SMG's, that's abuse.

I'm going through getting all my bronzes now and the M14 and G3 are guns that I find very hard to kill with. Did these get nerfed big time with the patch?

the G3 got nerfed, taking it from a mediocre weapon (but fun to use) to a poor weapon (and thus not very fun to use). crouching and firing single shots makes it a little more effective. the M14 has always been underpowered, but it's still fun IMO.

How is that abuse? You don't even know what level he is. He has a pretty good spread of gold stars and none of them are even incredibly 'high' so he's a pretty balanced player. Abuse is getting platinum CG without getting gold stars on the SMG's, that's abuse.

i got platinum CG and only like 4 gold stars on the ak74u :p

why don't you enlighten me with your knowledge and authority on 'non-bullshit' weapons? that way i can stick to them and not suffer the unbearable ridicule of wiznillyp, a random user-name on an internet forum.

those happen to be the ones that were close. i've got gold stars for every weapon.

ZING!!!!!!!!!!! Nice retort. Is your name Dennis Miller or George Carlin by chance?! :p

How are the AT mine and ak74U bullshit weapons??

I hate people who complain about the CG when they use the AN94 or M60. What happened to the m16? everyone just uses AN94 now.

+1 I've got platinum on the AKS-74U and it's a decent gun but man it's work getting kills at times.

As far as the M16, it got nerfed and now has the same characteristics as the entry assault gun which was a BEYOND stupid adjustment.

For those that I asked about engineer gun to use after getting platinum with AKS74U, I went with the 09A-91 since they buffed it. Statistically it looks like the best gun for an engy now although the 20 round magazine might deter some people.

i got platinum CG and only like 4 gold stars on the ak74u :p

Platinum CG 5 times over. Is that abuse? :p

I've got about 5,000 kills on the engineer kit and half of them are CG.

I get a lot of whining about my CG. Whether it's abuse is debatable. Had some level 43 cry about it the other day. Told me I couldn't kill with anything but the CG. So when the next round started, I killed him 5 times in a row. Two CGs, two USAS shotties, and finally a shot from a 1911.

This had the effect of 1) Making me his nemesis and 2) Making him quit the server

Someone had a good response to his whining, "More pew pew and less QQ"

Had a great round on port valdez last night . The UMP is the only thing I havent unlocked and im about 2k to unlocking it. So I decide to go engineer. So I start hot carling the attackers as they try to arm. Then the most awesome thing that has ever happend in the game before happend. The assaults around me were like "Holy Shit, he is gustaving... Someone get that man an ammo box." Literally had 3 ammo boxes and a med kit thrown at me. Those guys kept me stocked up the entire round.

I was at B and shot some rockets over to A and got 4 kills once, tried again 20 seconds later and got 3.

It was just a great round. A big thank you to the assaults that made that possible.

*RAGE* Four rush games, four losses. I hate it when I end up on a perpetually bad team. I am nowhere near good enough to carry a squad, much less a team. I am okay with that. But I just hate losing four times in a row SO MUCH!!!

It really is amazing how quickly the tempo of the game can change, how if you make the right kills at just the right moment, it can swing the momentum in the other direction.

Of course, if that momentum is ALWAYS against you, it just sucks.

*RAGE* Four rush games, four losses. I hate it when I end up on a perpetually bad team. I am nowhere near good enough to carry a squad, much less a team. I am okay with that. But I just hate losing four times in a row SO MUCH!!!

It really is amazing how quickly the tempo of the game can change, how if you make the right kills at just the right moment, it can swing the momentum in the other direction.

Its hard for anyone to carry their team on this game. If they have you pinned down in your base its hard to advance when you have 16 sets of eyes watching you. You might take a few of them out, but theres 10 more just like them shooting at you. Some with sniper rifles!

If my teams awful (which it usally is) My W/L ratio is .74. I usually try to flank. If that doesnt work. Make them come to you.

If im getting camped in a base, i'll go sniper and make em pay... ALOT for camping.

If my team is terrible most of the time i'll just leave.

Its hard for anyone to carry their team on this game. If they have you pinned down in your base its hard to advance when you have 16 sets of eyes watching you. You might take a few of them out, but theres 10 more just like them shooting at you. Some with sniper rifles!

If my teams awful (which it usally is) My W/L ratio is .74. I usually try to flank. If that doesnt work. Make them come to you.

If the momentum is completely against me, I seldom rage quit. I'll just use the CG a LOT more than usual.

Quoted for truth. This happens to me all too often.

Yikes, I just tried playing this again for the first time in a while....what the fuck was DICE thinking? They up and ruined the damn game!

my main gripe now is the tracer dart. its like faster than bullets, and makes flying useless now. about the only thing i see every pilot do now is just dive bomb it straight to each mcom/fly to their sniper position so they dont have to hoof it.

patch on the way. some nice changes/fixes:

The next release of the game client is currently in QA.

We will perform another synchronized client/server update. It is expected to take place early next week.

The client update will be roughly 500MB in size.

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - all settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-service-update/1088496-client-r8-server-r12-qa.html

New patch next week in case you haven't seen it.

To comment on the M14. It's a beast and I absolutely love it. It's a stand off weapon, so (at least for me) it makes a great DEFENSE weapon. C4 protects you when people get in too close :) (I love baiting people to chase me, it just never gets old).

On offense, I think it would be much more difficult to be effective with.

srsly. this.

i had a BAD night last night... lost 6 games in a row.... one of which i lost literally 10 seconds after entering the server and stuck on the losing team.

//ragequit
this-is-an-outrage.jpg

Why do people care about winning / losing rounds. Sure it's great to win and get ... 100 or 200 points... but honestly I wouldn't get worked up over it.

x2. If I can't get behind them to catch them in a crossfire, I'll definitely hunker down throwing everything I have at em.

If the momentum is completely against me, I seldom rage quit. I'll just use the CG a LOT more than usual.

Like I replied to equinox654, if you're on a shitty team I'll find a spot near an objective with good cover, an ammo box and make them pay for every inch. Not spamming one weapon but not holding anything back either. Sometimes I'm tempted to go Stalin on our team's Recon's ass too. 'NOT A STEP BACKWARDS!' They even try to go hide, I might tk them. :p

The next release of the game client is currently in QA.

Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons

-celebrates- YES! VERY much looking forward to this stuff! :D

+1 to DICE

Back