Bad Company 2

I put a Acog on anything, unless im an engie then i use extra explosive rounds, and sometimes with assualt i'll use the extra grenade/noob tube rounds.

but ACOG all the way. its pretty awesome. the red dot sucks.

I put a Acog on anything, unless im an engie then i use extra explosive rounds, and sometimes with assualt i'll use the extra grenade/noob tube rounds.

but ACOG all the way. its pretty awesome. the red dot sucks.

I feel the opposite. Red dot doesn't let you zoom as far, but at least it doesn't bounce up and down like when using the ACOG. For medium ranged combat, I like red dot.

I was using the 4x scope on the M60 when I was going for platinum with it. Now I've been using red dot with AN-94, which rocks. I never use red dot or 4x when going engy. I go with Iron Sights and magnum ammo because really the CG will pretty much destroy anything in HC without Explosive perk.

I started using the M416 but it just doesn't have the power of the 94 does. Guess it'll take some getting used to if I want more gold stars in assault. :p

Got my first roadkill with the UAV last night. Even the sniper I did it to said he laughed his ass off. :D

I hate all the red dots and scopes. Only gun Ive used them on is the AN94. Lightweight or 12x opt for sniping ftw

I hate all the red dots and scopes. Only gun Ive used them on is the AN94. Lightweight or 12x opt for sniping ftw

Put the red dot on a sniper rifle. It's super fun and gives you a real sense of accomplishment when you make kills.

Do you guys find it hilarious that the servers don't allow you to type in curse words but you hear "dropped that fucker!!! " every 30 seconds on the US side?

My team armed an MCOM station with only 2 tickets left. Nobody died between the time it was armed and the time it blew up

Do you guys find it hilarious that the servers don't allow you to type in curse words but you hear "dropped that fucker!!! " every 30 seconds on the US side?

Seriously. That and not being able to type in between deaths. Can't tell you how many times I've spawned in, gone to type something after getting tk'd or tking someone only to get sniped. Then I spawn again, scurry to cover to type it again only to get sniped by someone else. :mad:

Last edited:
Seriously. That and not being able to type in between deaths. Can't tell you how many times I've spawned in, gone to type something after getting tk'd or tking someone only to get sniped. Then I spawn again, scurry to cover to type it again only to get sniped by someone else. :mad:

Ive been annoyed by this since day one.Ive gotten to the point now where when I spawn and am in the middle of typing something,i just take the death.

yea it sure suck bad when they censor out all the swear words but yet you still hear them in game. Sometime i just want to swear at my own team mates so bad yet i can't. Whats the point anyways....you're in war...swearing is common. Don't tell me the guy who wrote the code is a british with high manner and live in some sort of of kingdom.

Another thing is if someone is talking to you and you get WTFPWNED before you can finish reading the sentence. There is no chat log to see what he just said, so you missed out on some of the conversation. I hope DICE improve some of the chat setting a bit on next patch.

Funny how they censor swear words in the text, but the voice overs curse left and right lol, Why do most people use the CG instead of the last rocket launcher? Is Tagging and CG better than the manual firing of the last launcher?

My team armed an MCOM station with only 2 tickets left. Nobody died between the time it was armed and the time it blew up

I had an incident like that earlier, I had been dropping C4 on the MCOM... we had it planted with 2 tickets left and I'm sprinting to the MCOM to make sure it's protected, I see two enemies running up to defuse it. I was Recon w/ Neostead, Slugs, Rex, and C4... I headshot both of them with the Neostead (killing both of them), someone defused it and a teammate killed the guy right after, I drop 3 C4 down near the MCOM and blow it...

We got it and end up winning the match after that...

I gotta say I played for a couple of hours with the Neostead and slugs and it's ridiculous... I might say overpowered. It's dead accurate from across the map, I got marksman +61 headshot with it... kills in 1 hit with a headshot and 2 in the body, 8 round clip with the extended mag...Also shot the pilot out of a Blackhawk with it.

Yea, I wasn't really expecting to play this game that much after beta, but I can't stop... it's just a lot of fun... I hope BF3 is even better :D

i agree with the ongoing discussions.

1. Fix and improve chat
2. And can we swear please? at least uncensor the first and last letters

Added to that

3. In team death match can we have a preview of the winning kill please! Just like in modern warfare 2
4. Console commands please

Once you know how to avoid the ground fire, you can clean up with this IF you know two things:

1. Stay high, far back and keep moving; even when targeting something/someone. Even if you miss, you'll still be alive. If you stop to line up the crosshairs, someone will shoot you down.

2. What shipster said about Optics. Nuff said.

Gotten several triple kills where guys are huddled together, spamming nades/40mm while spooning each other.

thanks for the tips on the UAV. Used it last night exclusively and went pretty good. Love using it. Smoke rounds are great for covering approaches as well or letting snipers and assault get to new cover. Got a couple compliments on me using the UAV from the servers clan I was playing on.

Why do most people use the CG instead of the last rocket launcher? Is Tagging and CG better than the manual firing of the last launcher?
The CG rocket itself moves much flies much faster than either the RPG or the M136. This makes it ideal for infantry and choppers, but shit against tanks due to less damage dealt. The fire and forget capability and very little drop is ideal in infantry combat where it replaces a 40mm grenade launcher capability for the engineer. It's splash damage is decent despite the recent nerf and its speed helps nail direct hits which negate the splash damage nerf anyways. Its poor damage against tanks is usually negated by the sheer amount of people using it on the battlefield.

The M136 is laser guided, slow as snot, and reloading is slower than either RPG or CG. However, its punch is much higher and ideal for slow moving tanks and APC's. Using against infantry is only ideal from long distance against troops behind cover or camping snipers. The laser guided aspect does give a unique ability to go up-and-over attack from above approach for people hiding behind rocks. For those hiding behind walls, its better to just blast straight through.

The RPG is a compromise of both the CG and the M136. Fire and forget, medium speed, decent splash damage for infantry, medium damage to tanks. Does work with the tagging, but very limited projectile maneuverability compared to the M136.

^ this is why I love BC2...so many awesome moments that no other game can deliver.

This.

So many lulz (and bullshit ones too tho!) that I've never had in any other game. Attacking an MCOM once, facing two enemy so I decide to toss a C4 brick at them and jump behind the wall to detonate. The toss went well, but they opened up with their machine guns and a bullet hits the C4 blowing us all up. I 'commited suicide/epic fail' but got MCOM attack double kill which more than made up for the minus points.

That or clipping a sniper last night with a UAV. God damn that was funny.

thanks for the tips on the UAV. Used it last night exclusively and went pretty good. Love using it. Smoke rounds are great for covering approaches as well or letting snipers and assault get to new cover. Got a couple compliments on me using the UAV from the servers clan I was playing on.

No problem dude. Just don't spread it around too much or we will be standing in line waiting to use the UAV!

I used it last night on Port Valdez and was still at the original spawn with the enemy down to the last set of objectives. Some dude ran from there all the way back and up the hill just to snipe me. That was a lot of work for 50 points.

Last edited:
My favorite expletive is from the Medic:

"Here you go, fix yourself up with that shit!"

Appropriate for a class that basically shits out medkits.

Haha yea, the voice acting is pretty funny at times...

I like how they didn't take themselves too seriously with BC2, and it's more fun because of it.

I like when your flying the UAV, listen to the back ground comm and you here someone tell you "kill a guy and Ill buy you an ice cream"

I still get a laugh out of the chatter during the Conquest loading screens.

Chatter....
Male voice: target is 8... 5...7... November. Over.
Other Male voice: Roger.
Female voice (sarcastically): Half the people here don't know what they're talking about....*cuts out*

Lol.

I wish someone could translate the Russian chatter. I wonder if any of it is as funny as the American chatter?

I've been having a blast. Well except for this one time today where I knifed someone in the back and then he turned around so I pump 2 shotgun shells w/ mag ammo into his chest but he kills me anyway.
While I'm dead he unloads 2 more mags into my dead body and hes still at 87% health. I promptly rage quit.

I've been having a blast. Well except for this one time today where I knifed someone in the back and then he turned around so I pump 2 shotgun shells w/ mag ammo into his chest but he kills me anyway.
While I'm dead he unloads 2 more mags into my dead body and hes still at 87% health. I promptly rage quit.

latest patch bugged knifes to the back to rarely work. I would recommend not even bothering to use the knife (except as a last ditch resort) until DICE releases a patch to fix it.

latest patch bugged knifes to the back to rarely work. I would recommend not even bothering to use the knife (except as a last ditch resort) until DICE releases a patch to fix it.
Pretty sure this was intentional. DICE said the knife was overpowered so they nerfed it.

EDIT: Re-read your post. If you mean continuously stabbing a guy in the back and not killing him, then yeah, that's a bug.

Last edited:
I dunno, I don't really seem to be having the same problems as you guys do with the knife after the patch. Once in a blue moon I'll stab a guy and it doesn't work, but overall it's an insta kill

Yea, I've only had it happen once or twice where it was REALLY bugged... I was directly behind the guy and stabbed 2-3 times and nothing happened, so I just shot him.

But besides that I've been getting knife kills as often as before... dunno

Lucky guys, I've been trying to knife people I sneak up on and I'll go 3-6 times and it wont work so I run to the side or in front when they stop and it works no problem :(

I'm working on my Shotgun / C4 kills now and I'm having a blast. This combination works really well when there are even teams and the opposing team is all crowded at a choke point. Simply jump, throw a c4 in the air, back up, and as it lands, pull the trigger and watch the bodies fly. 100 is going to come in no time.

The 500 shotgun kills is going to be easier than I thought. I've stopped using the n2000 and started using the the USAS. Not as powerful, but the six shots gives me more of a chance to kill people as I like to shoot on the move.

I dunno, I don't really seem to be having the same problems as you guys do with the knife after the patch. Once in a blue moon I'll stab a guy and it doesn't work, but overall it's an insta kill

That's partly the problem for me though, the number of times I've stabbed, been stabbed or seen someone stabbed by a person facing away from their target is stupid. Like, a full 180 degrees, stabbing them with their back to them. Other times it fails multiple times in a row on stationary targets. It's ballsed-up.

That's partly the problem for me though, the number of times I've stabbed, been stabbed or seen someone stabbed by a person facing away from their target is stupid. Like, a full 180 degrees, stabbing them with their back to them. Other times it fails multiple times in a row on stationary targets. It's ballsed-up.

Certainly is, tried stabbing a stationary Recon in the back and swish no kill. Tried again same result. Switched weapon and didn't get the time to shoot as he'd turned around and shot me point blank with a GOL. 100% ballsed-up and infuriating. I used to flank and sweep through the enemy with backstabs but now it's almost certain suicide

knife nerf was needed. i honestly barely even use it. I would much rather just go pew pew pew ded

knife nerf was needed. i honestly barely even use it. I would much rather just go pew pew pew ded

Perhaps it was but the way it has be implimented is dreadful and unrealistic. If you stab someone directly from behind when they are stationary they should not get a second / third / fourth chance. Is that fair?

Problem is using bullets will always give away your position. If there is a group of enemies then you'll be lucky to pick off 2 from a group before being downed. Before you could take out 4 or 5 guys with the blade and still switch to a gun.

good news. recently for me I only got maybe 1 out of 3 attempts at EXTREMELY close quarters kills when knifing.

Back