Bad Company 2

Seriously fuck this game. DICE is charging people for shit that's already on the disc and the servers still don't fucking work. Can't exit a game at the end of a round, etc. It's just full of console retard shit.

when the fuck are they unfucking their retarded selves and fixing this shit I paid money for?

There is 0 paid DLC, all maps are free, fail #1. You can exit a game just fine at the end of a round, fail #2. I'm leaning towards user error here.

There is 0 paid DLC, all maps are free, fail #1. You can exit a game just fine at the end of a round, fail #2. I'm leaning towards user error here.

I agree with this, however I will say one thing. I tried to run my game in dx9 mode to see if I got a performance boost, and when I click Exit Game and then 'Ok,' the dialog box disappears but I remain in the game. If I then press escape, it takes me out of the game and back to the main menu.

I came across the machine gun emplacement bug (where the window is opaque) so that's why I changed dx version back to 'auto,' but I did find it interesting that the Exit Game confirmation box was not behaving properly either...

You can shoot through the glass with ANY gun. Also I've shot like 7 blackhawks down in a single game with non-guided CGs, it's easy as fuck.

Apparently not the shotguns. Point blank shot an enemy who was stealing our heli through the glass with the saiga w/reg bullets and it didn't do anything. Shocked me, I was like wtf.

I agree with this, however I will say one thing. I tried to run my game in dx9 mode to see if I got a performance boost, and when I click Exit Game and then 'Ok,' the dialog box disappears but I remain in the game. If I then press escape, it takes me out of the game and back to the main menu.

I came across the machine gun emplacement bug (where the window is opaque) so that's why I changed dx version back to 'auto,' but I did find it interesting that the Exit Game confirmation box was not behaving properly either...

Odd, I did have some weird pauses when exiting games in dx9, but that was pre patch and while still using the AMD 9.12 drivers. Since then, I have had very few problems with it other than an occaisional CTD. I found running in dx11 was better for my framerates anyway.

Engineers can repair from the inside now? When'd that start happening?

Yeah I noticed this the other day.Apparently in some positions engi's can repair in the air in certain seating positions. I believe this needs to be done away with personally. But really not many people realize it.

i introduce you to my... pro-tube :D

2ymxb2d.jpg

I find the GL only situational, but it's awesome for blasting people sitting behind walls.

So today in a punkbuster-enabled server, as soon as I spawned I kept getting sniped by this guy with 40mm grenades.

Sniped, mind you, as in he killed me with the grenade impact, not the explosion. Friend also mentioned this same guy kept headshotting him with the M9 multiple times.

New aimbot doing the rounds, maybe?

I think choppers are fine for the most part; they're supposed to be powerful. My only problem with it is the super fast respawn timer on them. It's a huge challenge to bring them down only to see another one lift off 15 seconds later.

Disagree. On Isla Inocentes, defending I LIVE for that seemingly never ending stream of helicopters. Usually a quick 200+ points and you machine gun the parachuters before their feet touch soil. :D

Not so easy with CGs when you have a good pilot, two gunners, and two engineers occupying the 4th and 5th slots repairing non-stop with Vehicle Armor :D. Not even an M136 with explosive damage can one shot that baby; you'd need two people both successfully hitting the blackhawk at the same exact moment otherwise the two engineers will restore it to full in a second.

The chances of having 4-5 guys all working on one chopper (2 just content to repair) is pretty remote. I've yet to see a helicopter survive a Gustav hit. Usually ends up nosediving straight down. And yeah there are skilled pilots who will last longer up there but
he's got his hands full avoiding out of bounds, making sure both minigun operators get their love (change of direction usually = dead meat with CG) not to mention sniper fire, MGs, etc.... Sometimes it's 1 shot, sometimes it's 5 but that mutha is going down.

That sucks if it's an aimbot. I've gotten a few impact GL kills, and it's pretty hilarious. (The actual nade canister kills em, not the explosion).

i introduce you to my... pro-tube :D

2ymxb2d.jpg

I saw someone last week that was level 11 with 8 gold stars on his 40MM GL. I'm not one to complain about the so-called "noob tube" but personally, I think 8 gold stars at that level is a bit....ridiculous.

Not so easy with CGs when you have a good pilot, two gunners, and two engineers occupying the 4th and 5th slots repairing non-stop with Vehicle Armor :D. Not even an M136 with explosive damage can one shot that baby; you'd need two people both successfully hitting the blackhawk at the same exact moment otherwise the two engineers will restore it to full in a second.

I still have a good chance of hitting you and if I do it doesn't matter how much you can repair depending on where the rocket hits you're chopper it's probably gonna do a front flip when it gets hit.

I saw someone last week that was level 11 with 8 gold stars on his 40MM GL. I'm not one to complain about the so-called "noob tube" but personally, I think 8 gold stars at that level is a bit....ridiculous.

I have 4 gold stars with my sniper rifle and I'm only level 6. I don't know the name of the rifle, but it's the first one you start off with. I don't see myself using any other one until I get the 50 cal. I LOVE playing as recon on hardcore mode.

an aimbot who reached over 100/0 k/d rate was in my squad today, actually it was fun playing with him :D

thats him http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Poperze i thought he would have better numbers! maybe he started using the aimbot recently.

Wow, 3+ KDR is pretty good but not proof. The fact that he's nearly 50% headshotting with his unlocked machine guns (M60, AKS-74) however would be hard to deny something fishy there. It may be as you say and he started using it recently as he wasn't popping melons with the AEK-971 or the PKM at anywhere close to what he is now.

I have 4 gold stars with my sniper rifle and I'm only level 6. I don't know the name of the rifle, but it's the first one you start off with. I don't see myself using any other one until I get the 50 cal. I LOVE playing as recon on hardcore mode.

No offense but that's because you hit someone in the leg and it's a kill shot. Someone posted a video of a red dot M95 and no shit, the guy shot 2 guys in the foot and it killed them. Hardcore mode is rife with too many snipers. Any half assed attempt at defending will usually turn back the attackers as they're usually 75% recon.

You want a challenge with recon on HC mode? Go skulking about with the VSS Special. Get extra ammo instead of magnum (HC mode magnum isn't a must). That gun is crazy fun if you get in among the enemy. Use C4 with it, get up on second floor somewhere, popping melons while the floor below is wired to detonate. If you hear someone stomping around down there, detonate. If it was the enemy, you get the kill. If it was a teammate, bah he was probably a collaborator. :D

VSS is greatly underpowered in this game =\ I still like to use it, but it's very situational.

No offense but that's because you hit someone in the leg and it's a kill shot. Someone posted a video of a red dot M95 and no shit, the guy shot 2 guys in the foot and it killed them. Hardcore mode is rife with too many snipers. Any half assed attempt at defending will usually turn back the attackers as they're usually 75% recon.

You want a challenge with recon on HC mode? Go skulking about with the VSS Special. Get extra ammo instead of magnum (HC mode magnum isn't a must). That gun is crazy fun if you get in among the enemy. Use C4 with it, get up on second floor somewhere, popping melons while the floor below is wired to detonate. If you hear someone stomping around down there, detonate. If it was the enemy, you get the kill. If it was a teammate, bah he was probably a collaborator. :D

Thanks for ruining my thoughts of thinking I was some legit bad ass sniper :(

Thanks for ruining my thoughts of thinking I was some legit bad ass sniper :(

Don't get me wrong; On Arica Harbor as attacker I go sniper (not recon cuz I sit way back) to begin with. I love headshoting guys from near the UAV spawn to the watch tower/rocks. About 400 bonus points for a headshot and if you hit the body it's still a kill. :D

Wow, 3+ KDR is pretty good but not proof. The fact that he's nearly 50% headshotting with his unlocked machine guns (M60, AKS-74) however would be hard to deny something fishy there. It may be as you say and he started using it recently as he wasn't popping melons with the AEK-971 or the PKM at anywhere close to what he is now.

These ass clowns that cheat must be real losers in real life man. I'm not saying my life is rosie but good grief I have better things to do than ruin someone else's good time anonymously in an online game where no one is getting paid. Jeez!!! They should go somewhere and pay for a hand job or something! They probably need an aimbot to find their dicks!!!

/rant

These ass clowns that cheat must be real losers in real life man. I'm not saying my life is rosie but good grief I have better things to do than ruin someone else's good time anonymously in an online game where no one is getting paid. Jeez!!! They should go somewhere and pay for a hand job or something! They probably need an aimbot to find their dicks!!!

/rant

There are a lot of people that can't have fun without cheating. I dunno what's so fun about having an unfair advantage over the other players, but that's their general excuse that I read from the various cheat/hack forums. I guess you could equate it to those pro players that join "noobs only" games just to get an easy win.

yes it is, and though i'm a GL addict I think this thing should be fixed (reduce it's explosion). btw my assault total kills are 4629 so 1075 tube kills is reasonable I guess.

this is my engineer nube-tube :D

qp2wci.jpg

but it's frustrating when you request then request in team chat then jump around infront of an assault to ask for ammo to refill your mine's :(

/rant

I blame their parents.

Last edited:
I can't seem to find any servers lately that aren't laggy as shit.

Any server I've found that's hosted by Gameservers ("Frag not lag") is always terrible.

Steam is totally wiggin out on me...can't even get my friends list to show up in it or log into EA in BC2.

/rant

They do it just to get reactions out of people like this...

You stop acknowledging them, they'll get bored and leave... or just leave the server...

We had some jackass blowing up our own mcom's with c4's in a server I was just in, We were pretty much steam-rolling the team until they had 5 tickets left and he blew up both the mcom's... so we played through another section and again, we held them back without letting them cap either mcom and he blew them up again... (Just by knocking the buildings down). It's unfortunate there's no way to really regulate that if there is no admin watching the server (if admins can watch the server, I'm not really aware of the whole system with BC2)

yes it is, and though i'm a GL addict I think this thing should be fixed (reduce it's explosion). btw my assault total kills are 4629 so 1075 tube kills is reasonable I guess.

this is my engineer nube-tube :D

qp2wci.jpg

but it's frustrating when you request then request in team chat then jump around infront of an assault to ask for ammo to refill your mine's :(

Any pro-tips on using mines? I'm trying to get acquainted with using them since I mostly play engineer but tote a RPG-7 mostly. Is it true that you can only have 6 down at a time? What weapon/perks do you run with? I'm personally still torn whether or not I should use them more on Conquest or Rush. I seem to have the most success in Panama Canal where I rush to the enemy base and lay mines to stifle their armor respawns but I also get kills by placing them around the flags from time to time. I think it just requires a more defensive mind-set that I just don't find myself having in most games.

just upgraded from a 4870 to a 5850 and saw NO increase in FPS. could it be my stock clocked e8500? is it that much of a bottleneck? or am i doing it wrong?

just upgraded from a 4870 to a 5850 and saw NO increase in FPS. could it be my stock clocked e8500? is it that much of a bottleneck? or am i doing it wrong?

Yes. You could probably play the game comfortably on a 9800GT. It's that CPU dependent.

I'd say so. Remember this game is a CPU-hog. My cousin (Q6600 @ 3.0GHz) upgraded from a 4870 to a 5850 and told me the framerate difference was significant.

Fun factor would be reduced, immensely lol.

Well, I see fun as something that's a challenge. Needing to coop with your team to find different ways to take out armor would seem fun to me, but that's just me.

Except DOD:S had no tanks, and most servers I played in gave them 3 or so rockets, not 1.

If each engineer had one rocket, tanks would be very hard to take out.

Yeah, tanks are pretty much meant and built to be unstoppable to infantry. I guess allowing them to be used to play as they're built and designed would be unrealistic.

Yes. You could probably play the game comfortably on a 9800GT. It's that CPU dependent.

I play on a 9800 GTX+, same system that's in my sig, and I manage to play on high with AA, AF, HBAO, and VSYNC all low or disabled. Honestly my video card is the only old component in my system.

I'd say so. Remember this game is a CPU-hog. My cousin (Q6600 @ 3.0GHz) upgraded from a 4870 to a 5850 and told me the framerate difference was significant.

it definitely was my cpu. OCd to 3.6 and i definitely saw an increase.

Yeah, as the novelty of the game wears off, EA better improve on the obvious problems in the game or it will lose players pretty quickly. Right now, to join a server it is a 10 minute process. 2 or 3 minutes updating servers, a couple more clicking through each server on the list to see which has PB on, and then given the amount of time elapsed the info on number of players is completely outdated, and most 31/32 servers are already full, so it is a bit more to get it.

They really need to fix the server browser, and they really need to do something about team balance.

Yeah, as the novelty of the game wears off, EA better improve on the obvious problems in the game or it will lose players pretty quickly. Right now, to join a server it is a 10 minute process. 2 or 3 minutes updating servers, a couple more clicking through each server on the list to see which has PB on, and then given the amount of time elapsed the info on number of players is completely outdated, and most 31/32 servers are already full, so it is a bit more to get it.

They really need to fix the server browser, and they really need to do something about team balance.

Just tick all the filter options and it will literally take 5 seconds to feed you a list

I wouldn't go that far, but yes it's very CPU dependent. I saw an increase when I upgraded from my 4870 to a 5850 but it wasn't very significant. Almost every other game saw a massive increase though.

Back