Bad Company 2

I bought it. waiting for it to download/Install on steam. Im not worried about it runing everything at max obviously. Im getting a new vid card very soon. so its temperary. I just quit console gaming to come back to PC & battlefield is one of my fave shooters ever

Thanks guys I love it

1920x1080 @ I have it set on High, HBAO Off, AA on 1x & Shadows Low. Runs great on High. Looks awesome 2.

Last edited:
yeah shadows are a killer in the game but the low shadow quality also makes it harder to see people hiding in the shadows of tree's or buildings so its a catch 22.

Question for you SirMonkey since your running a 8800GT as well. Do you find it best to run the Newest drivers or is there a specific set you really like that works best? Im running the newest seems good to me but in a different Thread i noticed your running 258.96

Question for you SirMonkey since your running a 8800GT as well. Do you find it best to run the Newest drivers or is there a specific set you really like that works best? Im running the newest seems good to me but in a different Thread i noticed your running 258.96

i run the 258.96 drivers because they are the best drivers for folding and required for multi-gpu folding without having to use dummy plugs on the second card. but it honestly doesnt matter going past 258.96 drivers because nvidia no longer does updates that effect the 8 and 9 series cards. i think they stopped doing updates for the 8 and 9 series around the 196.xx driver version for single cards. if your running sli you can manually download the sli profiles. about the only other thing that effects the 8 and 9 series is the cuda updates which you can manually install the cuda updates without having to update the drivers.

I tried playing here, but I can not stand how mindless rush is. :(
Yep I saw you there. As one of the Admins I SEE ALL. :p
Believe me I feel your pain. Hopefully we will be switching to mixed mode soon. One of the clan leaders despises conquest, but my vote will most likely cancel his out.:p

I saw a couple of you sporting the [H] tag tonight. Glad to see you guys participating.:cool:

Believe me I feel your pain. Hopefully we will be switching to mixed mode soon. One of the clan leaders despises conquest, but my vote will most likely cancel his out.:p

I saw a couple of you sporting the [H] tag tonight. Glad to see you guys participating.:cool:

What server are you? I'm trying to find a server with high tickets, but most of the ones I play on are low tickets. :( And is it me, or are the Solder Stats not working? My stats doesn't seem to want to load. :( I can't see how I did in 2.5 hours of gameplay.

I tried playing here, but I can not stand how mindless rush is. :(

Are you sure you're not talking about Conquest? The way I see it Rush actually has an objective. Take out the com's and move up. Conquest does not. It's just a frag-fest for controlling points which in my noobness I have no idea what the benefit is.

I've been playing on your server. But I'm not sure I want to reveal my identity just yet. I think it's been pretty good so far. But yesterday, or last night, can't remember exactly. It became very uneven, there was this one guy xJumper camping the spawn big time. That guy should be banned. The server died after that. It was a shame.

Are you sure you're not talking about Conquest? The way I see it Rush actually has an objective. Take out the com's and move up. Conquest does not. It's just a frag-fest for controlling points which in my noobness I have no idea what the benefit is.

Because the offense only tries to attack the objective ~20% of the time. The rest of the time they camp in the bushes sniping or using rpgs, which usually ends up in a loss and is no fun for either team. At least in conquest a single player/squad can have a huge impact on the round.

Because the offense only tries to attack the objective ~20% of the time. The rest of the time they camp in the bushes sniping or using rpgs, which usually ends up in a loss and is no fun for either team. At least in conquest a single player/squad can have a huge impact on the round.

Shrug. I guess it depends. It's probably my inner TF2 player. It just seems more straight-forward. But as I said it depends on the server, the players going and the teams. Both can be fun I think.

if anyone wants to add me sinceI got no friends on steam add [H]4LC4PON3

I got a 4 day weekend coming up this week. got alot of playing to do to rank up

Last edited:
I'll add 4LC4PON3 to my friends list when I get home. I'm not using Steam for BC2 so I'll have to add you normally.

Frequently-to-always you end up with people sitting in a tank 8 miles away spamming objective buildings (This actually goes for any vehicle that fires ordnance). At least one half of the attacking team is snipers being useless. Defenders sit around on ammo boxes at the default choke points (Or way behind them) spamming nades, 40mm nades, and Gustavs. Attackers sit around on ammo boxes spamming 40mm nades and Gustavs at objectives from the safety of cover. The people who are actually using BULLETS sit around at choke points behind rocks in one place endlessly spamming at red triangles marking people they can't actually see.

There are just too many thing in Rush that take little to no skill that are way more effective than they should be. I have never understood how someone can have fun spamming an inert object in a multiplayer game for long periods of time from the safety of cover. Doesn't that shit get boring? As a defender, I can't understand how a person doesn't get bored camping the same corner waiting for people to run by either. Rush is just not fun. I don't mind playing it when it's like 6v6 though, becomes way less retarded.

In conquest the entire map isn't funneled into a retard fest, and you don't lose because some random guy got in a tank and used it as artillery for 20 minutes to knock down a random building... from his spawn. Conquest is also less reliant on having a well-balanced non-retarded team in order for you to be able to have a good time playing, regardless of whether you are winning or losing.

Frequently-to-always you end up with people sitting in a tank 8 miles away spamming objective buildings (This actually goes for any vehicle that fires ordnance). At least one half of the attacking team is snipers being useless. Defenders sit around on ammo boxes at the default choke points (Or way behind them) spamming nades, 40mm nades, and Gustavs. Attackers sit around on ammo boxes spamming 40mm nades and Gustavs at objectives from the safety of cover. The people who are actually using BULLETS sit around at choke points behind rocks in one place endlessly spamming at red triangles marking people they can't actually see.

There are just too many thing in Rush that take little to no skill that are way more effective than they should be. I have never understood how someone can have fun spamming an inert object in a multiplayer game for long periods of time from the safety of cover. Doesn't that shit get boring? As a defender, I can't understand how a person doesn't get bored camping the same corner waiting for people to run by either. Rush is just not fun. I don't mind playing it when it's like 6v6 though, becomes way less retarded.

In conquest the entire map isn't funneled into a retard fest, and you don't lose because some random guy got in a tank and used it as artillery for 20 minutes to knock down a random building... from his spawn. Conquest is also less reliant on having a well-balanced non-retarded team in order for you to be able to have a good time playing, regardless of whether you are winning or losing.

This is probably heavily dependent on the server and who's playing. Again, coming from TF2 I'm used to the whole attack/defend thing. I haven't run into too much spamming from spawn. People do sit in the defender spawn sometimes, but that's what you're doing... defending. You wouldn't run out and attack the opposition would you? You set up, fortify.

With conquest I feel you can have too many people running around and not focusing on the objectives, no one is together or organized most of the time. Might be great for a loner though.

I agree with the bombing of com sites, but you just have to hope the other players aren't assholes. But that's true in any instance.

Like I said I can have fun on both modes if the players aren't retarded. But with shit experiences like last night being spawn camped (on conquest) for an hour it's just not fun. At least with Rush they win the round and it starts over. I don't have to wait until the tickets run out.

For the most part in my short time with this game I've seen it all both ways. So what's nice about the MTTK server is it's mixed mode (isn't it?) and those guys are usually on to change the map or mode to the current players like.

I'll probably end up finding one server that plays said map 24/7, or only rotates a few maps. Just like in TF2 I found a server that I liked playing on that only does Goldrush. Might not be fun for you, but it is for me... mostly.

I still can't figure out why people love this game so much. It's fun sometimes yes, but it's not the end-all be-all. Has a lot of problems, imo.

People do sit in the defender spawn sometimes, but that's what you're doing... defending. You wouldn't run out and attack the opposition would you? You set up, fortify.
I just pictured the defending team assaulting the opposition :p And holding the opposition spawn. lol

Edit: Is there a BFBC2 thread where everyone from [H] plays on?

I just pictured the defending team assaulting the opposition :p And holding the opposition spawn. lol

Edit: Is there a BFBC2 thread where everyone from [H] plays on?

Its happened before, lol. Not often but I've seen it a few times so far.

Played defender on Arica one time where I VERY forward deployed a T90 on the first spawn...and was NOT made to pay for it.
Took down something like 4 Abrams and 10 infantry that round-several of the infatntry got the same guy running past the same spot.
Idiots couldn't seem to figure out that I was just ouside their spawn.

Nick

Damn I do not think they are EVER going to release the new maps. Be funny if we see nam before the bc1 maps finally come out. Is it really just one coder doing all of the updates?

can someone tell me this. Ive been kicked from 2 servers from Punkbuster (2 mins). something about key packets 9005. what does this mean?

Damn I do not think they are EVER going to release the new maps. Be funny if we see nam before the bc1 maps finally come out. Is it really just one coder doing all of the updates?

I remember before I went on hiatus, they announced a patch that would be out in a week or two. Week after week they kept saying it's coming next week, testing issues, blah blah. Then like two months later, they released it. I'm expecting the same with maps and other dlc.

can someone tell me this. Ive been kicked from 2 servers from Punkbuster (2 mins). something about key packets 9005. what does this mean?

Have you manually updated pb?

More playing tonight. Lot of gameplay issues. Most notably the fact that one chopper, one of those attack heli's spawn camped my entire team. This was on a Rush map and we were on the last section. No way to spawn back any further and he was actually sitting behind where we spawned. So there was no escape.

There's no excuse for shit like that. I like how the gamer didn't think he was doing anything wrong. I fucking hate people.

its annoying, but if your team is not taking out the helicopters, you can only blame your team.

get engies and take them out, its not his fault your team doesnt protect their spawn.

More playing tonight. Lot of gameplay issues. Most notably the fact that one chopper, one of those attack heli's spawn camped my entire team. This was on a Rush map and we were on the last section. No way to spawn back any further and he was actually sitting behind where we spawned. So there was no escape.

There's no excuse for shit like that. I like how the gamer didn't think he was doing anything wrong. I fucking hate people.

thats bullshit. still easy to take em out. m95 sniper rifle or RPG. m95 will take it out in 7 shots. hell its fun just trying to snipe the pilot out of the helo :D shoot it enough times and he will leave. but if your team cant figure that out then its your teams problem. the helo's are weak as hell armor wise.

With conquest I feel you can have too many people running around and not focusing on the objectives, no one is together or organized most of the time. Might be great for a loner though.

I still can't figure out why people love this game so much. It's fun sometimes yes, but it's not the end-all be-all. Has a lot of problems, imo.

i honestly see it the opposite. yeah the team that always looses is usually the one that doesnt work as a team. but if you get 2 maybe 3 squads working together in conquest then its all over for the disorganized team. you get 2 organized teams it turns into a chess match trying to figure out which spawn the teams going to take next. are they all going to C or are they all going after A. turns into a back and forth war and usually a really fun game. but me i prefer to be the assist. ill sit in the back of the map high up where i can see everything and just spot every enemy i can see. i usually get 5-6 kills a game but 20-30 spot assists.

Last edited:
Funny thing about conquest, just about every round I've played turns into musical chairs. Teams will run through the map in a cirlcle capping and recapping objectives. Heh I've played games where I only ran into a few stragglers the whole map. Teams just spend the whole roundg chasing each other
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

lol yeah ive seen that a few times. kinda finally though typically i dont like playing follow the leader like that. if i notice it happening all just yell at my team to have them reverse back to the last point we captured and ambush them.

Something I noticed - first time playing as a Medic, the defibrillator unit was available from the get-go. Good move by DICE here - making the Medic rank up twice or three times to get it was a bit backward.

Funny thing about conquest, just about every round I've played turns into musical chairs. Teams will run through the map in a cirlcle capping and recapping objectives. Heh I've played games where I only ran into a few stragglers the whole map. Teams just spend the whole roundg chasing each other
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
That's when you leave behind some C4 :p Wee! I spent like 15 min running around getting more C4 from ammo packs to make scenery. lol Blew up like 15 C4 charges and it made a wall of dirt. lol

thats bullshit. still easy to take em out. m95 sniper rifle or RPG. m95 will take it out in 7 shots. hell its fun just trying to snipe the pilot out of the helo :D shoot it enough times and he will leave. but if your team cant figure that out then its your teams problem. the helo's are weak as hell armor wise..

It's not bullshit. He was lighting everyone up before they could move. This was on... that island map. Where it has the one island in the middle and spawns on each side. Can't remember the name. But on that final stage the attackers have no where to go.

He was shooting fish in barrel.

And don't give me this shit about heli's being easy to take down. I have pour thousands of rounds into them and never go down. We can get them down occasionally with rockets but most of the time they have the run of the map. It's bullshit.

Maybe the servers I play on are just awful. It was the Vag server last night, what a waste of time.

I played this game for about a week and put it down.

I couldn't get into it at all, the guns seemed severely weak and inaccurate.

It's not bullshit. He was lighting everyone up before they could move. This was on... that island map. Where it has the one island in the middle and spawns on each side. Can't remember the name. But on that final stage the attackers have no where to go.

And don't give me this shit about heli's being easy to take down. I have pour thousands of rounds into them and never go down. We can get them down occasionally with rockets but most of the time they have the run of the map. It's bullshit.

Maybe the servers I play on are just awful. It was the Vag server last night, what a waste of time.

you havnt played long enough, its ok.

lol bullets.

you havnt played long enough, its ok.

lol bullets.

You mean bullets from a stationary .50 cal? Or whatever the fuck it is. You seem to think that bullets should have no effect. I would've hit someone and killed them in the chopper. The gunner, the pilot, someone would have died.

You mean bullets from a stationary .50 cal? Or whatever the fuck it is. You seem to think that bullets should have no effect. I would've hit someone and killed them in the chopper. The gunner, the pilot, someone would have died.

yes the stationary 50 cal, m95 50 cal sniper rifle, stationary AA guns, stationary AT guns all do damage to the helo's. all other weapons besides rocket's do not damage the helo but can kill anyone in it. problem is most people wont ever shoot at it. ive done the same thing that guy did but on the right side of the island(defenders left) and hovered there the whole map while my gunner just flattened the entire island. not a single person shot at us. at the end of the game he had over 40 kill's with out us taking a single hit from anything. mind you we will lost the game because our team was to busy being wimps and sniping from the hill's instead of rushing the mcom's.

on that map its better to play an offensive defense when on that island. have 2 or 3 people rush to the other side and just sit on the hills surpressing any chance of them snipping. have 1 guy there be an engineer and just wait for the helo's to fly over and shoot them down before they ever get to the island. then just have a slaughter fest as everyone rushes the island on boats or swimming to the island.

You're suppose to aim at the helo. I RPG'd a helo fine last night.

Vag is one of the best servers, with good players. Plus they actively kick non-rushers in rush. If you are talking about the map im thinking about, it's very easy to spawn when a heli is camping there. All it takes is 1 engy to make him start having to evade missiles, and that makes it MUCH harder for the gunner to hit. Which lets more people spawn and move up. So that sounds like team error.

yes the stationary 50 cal, m95 50 cal sniper rifle, stationary AA guns, stationary AT guns all do damage to the helo's. all other weapons besides rocket's do not damage the helo but can kill anyone in it. problem is most people wont ever shoot at it. ive done the same thing that guy did but on the right side of the island(defenders left) and hovered there the whole map while my gunner just flattened the entire island. not a single person shot at us. at the end of the game he had over 40 kill's with out us taking a single hit from anything. mind you we will lost the game because our team was to busy being wimps and sniping from the hill's instead of rushing the mcom's.

Sorry, I meant that in a different way. I WAS firing a stationary 50cal, at a few helo's during the night and didn't seem to do any damage. Even though I was seeing the crosshair indication that I was.

You couldn't do anything against that attack helo. As soon as you spawned you died.

You're suppose to aim at the helo. I RPG'd a helo fine last night.

I was.

Whatever, it doesn't matter. The game can be fun sometimes, but there's a lot of problems as I've said. These are just a few that I've run into so far.

What im running into is this. I played for sometime last night & I found some BullSh** in my opinion. Im running down a Hill and I see a sniper ahead of me running also. he immediately keeps running turns around & walks backwards at this point shoots and kills me. It happend so fast it was nuts

Ive seen stuff like this a couple of times last night. This is the only thing I hate about PC its extremely easy to Cheat & its ahrd to tell who is playing Fair

Last edited:
What im running into is this. I played for sometime last night & I found some BullSh** in my opinion. Im running down a Hill and I see a sniper ahead of me running also. he immediately keeps running but backwards at this point and while running shoots and kills me.

Ive seen stuff like this a couple of times last night. This is the only thing I hate about PC its extremely easy to Cheat.

running and walking backwards are a totally different thing(cant run/sprint backwards only forwards). hes not cheating.. he saw you started walking backwards then zoomed in and fired. i've done it plenty of times. its just easier to do on PC with a mouse then a console controller.

Back