Bad Company 2

Had the named changed but did not get what I asked but this will due I suppose. :D

I have not bought a game in a long time but this could be the one. I just want to make sure it delivers so I will be watching this thread closely :).

I don't even know, I just went into a game.

Man nothing I've played plays like this game. SOO much action going on, it just makes you want to sit back and observe.

God I love the physics/frostbyte engine. So beautiful.

Keep getting a message from steam
"The steam servers are to busy to handle your request please try again in a few minutes"

Keep getting a message from steam
"The steam servers are to busy to handle your request please try again in a few minutes"

Keep trying it. It took me about 10 times back to back to get it to start downloading.

Gah. I'm so up in arms about this. My personal opinions on DRM and my love for the action and well-received reviews of this game is making me itch whether to buy it or not.

If I buy a physical hard copy, are these one of those games that can still be registered through Steam? Edit: Physical copy CD-keys don't work on Steam. If you buy a physical copy you can't activate on Steam. Oops! Looks like I will have to buy via Steam if I want to...

Hearing nothing but positive things about this. But also having no internet to play MP (yet... I hope) in my apartment is also a downer :(

Last edited:
If you have the beta does it just "updates" it or it's a full download?

I'll spare you all the moaning about the UK release dates. Suffice to say if some people hated the beta and love the game, It bodes well for people like me who loved the beta and want at the full game like a ravenous dog.

OK, here's my gripe. the retail box is so much for the console, it lists 24 man contests. That's cheesy. And it's taking forever to install! Time to grab a beverage or two, I might be here for a while once I get started! FASTERFASTERFASTER

My mouse issues were never resolved during beta so I canceled my pre-order. Has anybody that had mouse issues (neg. accel, innacurate accel) during beta bought retail and can share if it's the same?

(I tried all possible fixes for this during beta: graphics settings, windows/razer settings, etc)

OK, here's my gripe. the retail box is so much for the console, it lists 24 man contests. That's cheesy. And it's taking forever to install! Time to grab a beverage or two, I might be here for a while once I get started! FASTERFASTERFASTER

Yeah I noticed that, they kind of half assed the case if you ask me.

Just got back to work, went home and played at bit on my lunch break, was kinda shocked to see the SP start off during WWII... graphics looks amazing, controls are super smooth.. so glad I upgraded my vid card for this. :D

Gah. I'm so up in arms about this. My personal opinions on DRM and my love for the action and well-received reviews of this game is making me itch whether to buy it or not.

If I buy a physical hard copy, are these one of those games that can still be registered through Steam? Edit: Physical copy CD-keys don't work on Steam. If you buy a physical copy you can't activate on Steam. Oops! Looks like I will have to buy via Steam if I want to...

Hearing nothing but positive things about this. But also having no internet to play MP (yet... I hope) in my apartment is also a downer :(

No steam is needed, gives you the option to play without disk (up to 10) or with disk.

Pre-ordered through Amazon Friday and got the reduced price, then skipped the free shipping and instead paid $5 for release-day delivery. FedEx says it's on my doorstep. I leave for home in 3 minutes. Can't wait.

How do you change which server you're downloading from? I can't seem to find the setting, even though I once knew how.. Using the beta interface.

getting off work in 30 mins and i'll be home within the hour!

i finished my pre-load from D2D yesterday. so i'm ready to rock as soon as i walk in the door to my apartment. can't waaaaiiiittttt!!! the beta was awesome, and the retail version is going to be even better. :D

I played two missions in the single player on the hardest difficulty. It's a blast to play. The game is running great at 1080P with the settings jacked. Of course I'm using the NVIDIA 196.75 drivers that just dropped today.

With the multiplayer I only got to play one game. It's pretty hectic. I'm glad I decided to get this on PC instead of 360.

With that said how does the voice chat system work? I couldn't hear anyone. I'm not sure if anyone even heard me when I did push to talk.

Kinda off topic but I have to do a clean install of Win 7 before I get into bad company 2. I keep steam along with all my other games on a different hard drive. If I wanted to download bad company 2 before I format my windows drive, would I need to back up anything on my windows drive? I thought steam keeps some user files somewhere on C:

I think I'm missing something here but how do I add a specific server to favorites?

how come the game is forcing me to use 59hz at 1920x1200 res?

it doesnt have 60hz support for my monitor?

and why does the game seem to stutter?

and why is there so much screen tear? damn!

how come the game is forcing me to use 59hz at 1920x1200 res?

it doesnt have 60hz support for my monitor?

and why does the game seem to stutter?

and why is there so much screen tear? damn!

do you have vsync enabled? that eliminated screen tear for me.

For those playing multiplayer, how is it? Do people play together to achieve the objectives, or is it a lame deathmatch (I hated COD4, but love TF2 so any comparisons would be amazing)? Is this the game that is going to replace TF2 for me (yes I'm still playing)?

Finally, is there built-in in-game voice chat? That is a must for me.

Guys, I have not played the beta. Need some advice to see if my rig will handle it.

E6420 @ 3.4
ATI 4870 512
4GB RAM
Resolution will be 16x10

What do you guys think?

Guys, I have not played the beta. Need some advice to see if my rig will handle it.

E6420 @ 3.4
ATI 4870 512
4GB RAM
Resolution will be 16x10

What do you guys think?

Yeah, your system will run fine even @ 1920x1200 with most settings maxed no AA.

Back