Bad Company 2 SPECACT upgrade DLC

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently purchased the SPECACT during the Summer camp sale on Steam. This pack is not too well documented but really promises presumably the most advanced unlock of that class and special uniforms.

I have played MP several times and can not figure out how to use the gear. I looked it up and it seems that there were some problems at the beginning (like a year ago) with people unable to use them but it seems the problems have been fixed (with the exception of me of course). For those of you who have it, please tell me if my game is working correctly.

These are two screen shots I took. In one you see that the Gadgets and Unlocks show them available but when I am about to enter the battlefield, it does not show them.

No, it is not. If it was, in game you'd have 8 options for kit, (assault and assault SA, for example).

If you entered the code on the redeem code menu and it didn't work, go to ea's support website and start a chat with them and they will fix it.

Am I missing something here? I would think you would need to unlock the guns first... It seems you have few unlocks. It doesn't make sense that a $6 DLC will let you use the m16 when you have only unlocked 2 guns with that class...

the most advanced unlock

All the guns are well balanced. The final unlock isn't more or less powerful than the other guns in each class.

It's best to unlock each gun and then slowly get them all to platinum, to give you a good feel for how each one handles, rather than just use a single gun all the time because you think it might be more powerful.

I was also slightly curious about this as well, but shrugged it off and assumed it's because I haven't unlocked enough yet.

I've seen plenty of newbies getting around with M95s and UMPs in the different camo. It's highly unlikely they are managing to pick up the same kit from the same fallen enemy every time...and even if they did it wouldn't explain the different colours.

You need to contact EA and get them to manually re enable the pack.

I had the same issue. Took 10m to fix.

Bah. Logged onto EA Live Support to discuss the issue, and they asked for my DLC CD-Key. I go to Steam and view CD-Keys and it's not there (only BFBC2 and Vietnam). So then I have to go to Steam support and ask why my CD-Key isn't showing anymore, despite having the DLC installed. Then I can finally go back to EA Support with the key in hand. Ugh.

Bah. Logged onto EA Live Support to discuss the issue, and they asked for my DLC CD-Key. I go to Steam and view CD-Keys and it's not there (only BFBC2 and Vietnam). So then I have to go to Steam support and ask why my CD-Key isn't showing anymore, despite having the DLC installed. Then I can finally go back to EA Support with the key in hand. Ugh.

Same thing happened to me. I am now in the process of contacting steam support, will update.

Last edited:
You are right. Steam does not show the SPECACT key after I activated it (which didn't work btw). But I contacted support and explained it all. The girl asked for my email on the account and said she had to manually add the DLC to the game. Everything works now.

Glad I posted this. Seems that lots of people had the same stupid problem. I didn't care because it was only a few dollars but glad I am finally getting my moneys worth. Too bad this doesn't unlock the red dot sight.

Back