Bad Company 2 - MP and Map discussion thread

Not everyone has a joystick to take advantage of air combat, nor does everyone want to. Evens the playing level imo, I think the air combat kept me away from those other battlefield games. The lack of air combat, is probably what makes this game that much better to me. Nothing funner then placing C4 and blowing tanks up with it.

Had a go in the attack helis, at long last. I don't recall the name of the map, but it was the long narrow one with about three MBTs on each side which had gunners pissing bullets into the sky, in addition to the three or four stationary weapons dotted around the place. I didn't get much done, unsurprisingly.

Now that I've figured out how to trick it into working it's as fun as I remembered. Just got done playing and it's 06:20 AM. I only started it up to check it was working before I went to bed, and the next thing I know the whole night's gone. CRACKIN'

^^ The True sign of a good game, when you can get sucked into an all night frag fest without any regard for time of day.

So far, im really liking the game (- the EA Issues, but thats for another thread) Sad to see some things are still rampant like in BF2. I mean Noob Tubing, and the SERIOUS BASE RAPE. But i guess they both work for points getting, so all's fair in war. Hopefully as people get used to using all classes we will see LESS snipers and more medics/support class as they are the real key to victory. Snipers have their place, but when 65% of your team is sniping.....you aint gonna win !&$#

^^ The True sign of a good game, when you can get sucked into an all night frag fest without any regard for time of day.

So far, im really liking the game (- the EA Issues, but thats for another thread) Sad to see some things are still rampant like in BF2. I mean Noob Tubing, and the SERIOUS BASE RAPE. But i guess they both work for points getting, so all's fair in war. Hopefully as people get used to using all classes we will see LESS snipers and more medics/support class as they are the real key to victory. Snipers have their place, but when 65% of your team is sniping.....you aint gonna win !&$#

Yea The funny thing is, in Beta when we played rush mode the game would not allow you to enter the attackers base (well at least to start out the game).

Hope they add this to conquest. Kinda annoying to monitor my server so people dont spawn camp....

Is there a way to save your loadouts, so you don't have to select them everytime you change server? I haven't unlocked much yet, but I can see that getting annoying when you have to change it for 4 classes every single time.

I don't think so. That's exactly the kind of thing DICE often fixes in patches.

its funny you say this, played a server last night, over the next 2 hours our side just dominated the other team. The other team was half wanna be snipers, where as every squad had like 2 medics on our side lol. My squad had 3 medics and an assault, we never stayed dead very long lol.

Yea The funny thing is, in Beta when we played rush mode the game would not allow you to enter the attackers base (well at least to start out the game).

Hope they add this to conquest. Kinda annoying to monitor my server so people dont spawn camp....

Spawn camping is a viable tactic I think. It's so hard to just spawn camp because there are 4 points they can capture to spawn on and people can spawn on their squad mates. We rolled up on US spawn on Arica Harbor with 5 tanks and spawn camped the entire team until the round ended, it's what they get for having no points.

Some friends and I have pulled all nighters on this game two nights in a row so far. Can't remember the last night I played a game so much.

My squad had 3 medics and an assault, we never stayed dead very long lol.

the perfect squad IMO is 2x medic, 1x assault, 1x engi. i love when people have a brain and fill in missing roles in squads. nothing worse than having 3 people join your squad and all 3 of them go recon class.

Some friends and I have pulled all nighters on this game two nights in a row so far. Can't remember the last night I played a game so much.

i'm itching to get off work and begin my geek-athon.

the perfect squad IMO is 2x medic, 1x assault, 1x engi. i love when people have a brain and fill in missing roles in squads. nothing worse than having 3 people join your squad and all 3 of them go recon class.

ya for defense that would work well, but were were all very offense minded. We were always the squad that was in the enemy base and constantly the ones blowing up the m-comms, when your assaulting like that 3 medics is nice to have lol. I love being a medic with a shotgun,t he 870 combat kicks some serious butt in hardcore servers, I enjoy it alot more than the saiga (its 1 hit kill at a decent range)

Just in case you all haven't seen it:

Join your fellow [H]'ers on the Battlefield!

[H]ard|OCP Bad Company 2 Group

This afternoon I had a blast with some guys on the Tru Insomniac Gamers server.

And don't forget your mic for some squad communication!

It works fine online for em now. brilliant game!

a shame i have to unlock medic packs and revival! as of now, the medic class is useless. Can teven do its intended job!

Spawn camping is a viable tactic I think. It's so hard to just spawn camp because there are 4 points they can capture to spawn on and people can spawn on their squad mates. We rolled up on US spawn on Arica Harbor with 5 tanks and spawn camped the entire team until the round ended, it's what they get for having no points.

Im mostly talking about people who camp the starting point spawns.

Cause when all the bases are taken over, there is only 1 place to spawn....no need to camp IN the base to kill people....pretty lame IMO.

Now spawn camping a target that you need to take over, or holding the position is perfectly fine.

Air vehicle camping all over again /shudder

Reminds me of NUNYA clan from BF2 whoring them to death and they ban you from their server if you are the first one to grab a jet or heli so they can grab it for themselves :mad:

I'm glad that heli's can be countered far better than before, blasting them with a tank gives a big grin in my face every time:D and gotta love it that the gun mount can kill the pilot and co-pilot and see the other heli spin out of control :D

I will try your server, OP, I'm enjoying hardcore server more and more since it does not do rambo spray and pray. My current gun of choice at the moment is the EBR and UMP

It works fine online for em now. brilliant game!

a shame i have to unlock medic packs and revival! as of now, the medic class is useless. Can teven do its intended job!

You're in the UK, right? Spicey too, I think. Let's get some buddy nicks posted so I can follow you around and show you how it's done.

ME N MY MANDEMS GONNA ROLL DEEP AGAINST DEM BOYS POWPOWPOWPWOWPOWP BRRRRRRRAP

Also, spawn camping seems fair enough to me and should grow out soon enough anyway. If it doesn't teach the people being raped that they need to play AS A BASTARD TEAM then they're just going to ragequit and leave us servers full of people that are capable of pulling their weight anyway. Leaves those of us interested in playing the game well unburdened by spastics and non-contributors.

I started liking the game more after I stopped playing Conquest and started playing only Rush mode.

I think the siren was driving me away!

Is there a way to save your loadouts, so you don't have to select them everytime you change server? I haven't unlocked much yet, but I can see that getting annoying when you have to change it for 4 classes every single time.

No, shame you can'y save classes or loadouts. Rather pathetic in this day and age. How many games before have this simple functionality

You're in the UK, right? Spicey too, I think. Let's get some buddy nicks posted so I can follow you around and show you how it's done.

Yeah, tag is OMEGA [UK]

My KDR will probably go down if I play against you though.

I'm often online with a guy called DustyLoft (old BF2 clanner)

I do wish that there were more maps with the gunships. only 1 on rush? only 1 hind in the whole game? come on... It should be 3-4+

I'm dying for new maps. It seems like there are so few, perhaps my memories of 1942 and BF2 are a bit hazy as I guess those games didn't have many more maps either - but of course those maps were absolutely huge and expansive with tons more to do and more possible strategies and 64 players.

Bad Company 2's maps are all so tiny and the routes and strats are all basically the same thing over and over again, even in Conquest. There's only about 3 different themes of maps too, with the theme recycled.

I like BC2. I'm completely terrible at it but i like it so far. I kill more people with engineer rockets than anything.

Back