Bad caps: Asus K8V Deluxe

I've personally had three different Asus motherboards in the past - two were new: K7M and A7N-266E and one was used for my sons computer - an P5S-VM. All three had issues of one kind or the other of stability. I've never had any problems with 3 different Gigabyte systems I've owned and some others I've built.
'Nuff said - I won't be buying any more Asus or Asrock boards - EVER! :(

Originally posted by Mad_Pyro
I thought we were over bad caps. What happened this time?

More than likely Asus was sent a bad batch from the capacitor maker that don't fail any initial tests. Only way they catch stuff like that is after they start failing in the field and the board maker gets several RMAs. They trace back to the incoming batch of caps used in that series of boards. It's just part of the electronics industry, saw it when I worked at Motorola.

Originally posted by Duckzilla
Sorry, I thought it was new news. I just wanted my [H]ard brothers to know. Peace, out.

No sweat D.Z. we appreciate it, mainly pointing it out to reference the earlier comments.

All MB makers have issues from time to time and I've had good and bad boards from most of them. Asus is considered the top of the pile in board makers, but I've also had crap product from them. I bought a A7V333 right after they came out that sucked bad, totally unstable. After messing with it for about three weeks I got tired of it and "retired" it ;)

Use Abit m/b's. They only use Rubycon brand capacitors. One of the best if not the best electrolytic capacitors available.

Back