Bad brightness/contrast with 5850, no fix for Windows 7?

Rehevkor

[H]ard|Gawd
I just switched from a Geforce 8800GTX to a Radeon 5850 and so far it's running great, but there's one issue I can't resolve: the default contrast and brightness are terrible. Blacks are gray and whites are blown out way too much.

I can fix this on the desktop, but apparently not in games. I did some research and it seems that the color correction options in the CCC cannot be applied to 3D apps in Windows 7. Is there no other way to fix this in software?

I would prefer not to tweak the settings on my TV because I would have to make major adjustments, and this same input also carries my PS3 signal (PC and PS3 go into receiver via HDMI, receiver HDMI output goes into TV input). I might fix it for the PC, but then the PS3 would be off.

I suppose worse case scenario I could move the PC output directly to the TV on another HDMI input and tweak it there (the TV saves different settings for each input). I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some software solution before I go through that ordeal though.

Back