Hello Everyone,
I'm currently having problems with my new ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 Fata1ty board.
Sometimes I can boot into BIOS without any problems, other times it wont even let me in. I would press DEL, the screen goes black, and Dr. Debug gives me code "0d"; which isnt even in the manual by the way. After that it just stays on that black screen until I shut down. I've had to do this atleast two dozen times so far and it's becoming really infuriating. The only way to get around this is to use the "CLR_CMOS" button that is on the back of the motherboard. I am running the latest BIOS since day one, and it pretty much has never worked for me fully. On top of that when I tried to update my SSD's firmware the keyboard wouldnt work. This goes for both USB keyboards and PS/2 keyboards, this works fine when I'm in BIOS though, only when I try to update the firmware (have to type "yes") and it wont let me.
I bought this motherboard because TT gave it such good reviews, but so far all my experiences say otherwise. Is my board faulty? Did I get a lemon? I really would like to avoid RMA'ing it since this is my only computer and I need it every night to do take home work from my job. I know an RMA can take weeks to go through =(
Please note, that when I am not trying to get into BIOS the board works great. I can bring up all of my MS Office apps with no problem and can even play some games without any issues. In fact I have yet to find an issue with this board when I am loaded into windows. Problems only show face when I am in the BIOS =(
Here is my current setup...
Intel I7 2600K
ASRock Z68 Professional Gen 3 Fatal1ty Edition
MSI Radeon 6850 PE
16GB (4gb x 4) Mushkin Redline PC-17000 (board wont even run this at 2133 btw)
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
X-Fi Titanum Sound Card
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
250GB 7200k Seagate HDD
Seasonic X750
Thanks
I'm currently having problems with my new ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 Fata1ty board.
Sometimes I can boot into BIOS without any problems, other times it wont even let me in. I would press DEL, the screen goes black, and Dr. Debug gives me code "0d"; which isnt even in the manual by the way. After that it just stays on that black screen until I shut down. I've had to do this atleast two dozen times so far and it's becoming really infuriating. The only way to get around this is to use the "CLR_CMOS" button that is on the back of the motherboard. I am running the latest BIOS since day one, and it pretty much has never worked for me fully. On top of that when I tried to update my SSD's firmware the keyboard wouldnt work. This goes for both USB keyboards and PS/2 keyboards, this works fine when I'm in BIOS though, only when I try to update the firmware (have to type "yes") and it wont let me.
I bought this motherboard because TT gave it such good reviews, but so far all my experiences say otherwise. Is my board faulty? Did I get a lemon? I really would like to avoid RMA'ing it since this is my only computer and I need it every night to do take home work from my job. I know an RMA can take weeks to go through =(
Please note, that when I am not trying to get into BIOS the board works great. I can bring up all of my MS Office apps with no problem and can even play some games without any issues. In fact I have yet to find an issue with this board when I am loaded into windows. Problems only show face when I am in the BIOS =(
Here is my current setup...
Intel I7 2600K
ASRock Z68 Professional Gen 3 Fatal1ty Edition
MSI Radeon 6850 PE
16GB (4gb x 4) Mushkin Redline PC-17000 (board wont even run this at 2133 btw)
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
X-Fi Titanum Sound Card
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
250GB 7200k Seagate HDD
Seasonic X750
Thanks
Last edited: