bad axe

frtl97

Limp Gawd
I am putting together a throw together cpu fpr a friend short on cash. The only spare parts i have are old. My question is with the d975xbx2, didn't you have to use an ide cd dvd
palyer? I recall it would not work through the sata connections or has there been a bios update to allow you to do this? thanks for any input.

hmm I had a BadAxe2 and I could have sworn I ran the sata dvd-rom cd burner I have now the entire time. (asus drw-1814blt)

did you have to update the bios, i could have sworn the first sata i hooked up was a plextor
and could not get it to work. I got the board on it's first release.

I got it a few moths after release but I installed Windows with the shipping BIOS...sorry can't be any more specific since it was so long ago.

thanks fortunatly i have found a few people with dead pc's and they have ide dvd
set ups,so if needed i have parts , like working on an antiqie car.

My BadAxe2 works fine with my SATA DVD burner, though it has the final 2838 BIOS update.

Here's the release notes for 2838 (.pdf file) which includes the changelog for all versions of the BIOS. Version 2836 included this fix: "Added workaround to fix system won't boot intermittently when
optical drive is connected to SATA port 2."

You really should update its BIOS to 2838. You'll find the BIOS and drivers here by clicking the Drivers & Downloads link.

Fair warning: the board is no longer supported, and while you can use its Vista drivers on Win7, there's a rare bug with the onboard sound that can cause a BSOD; you can avoid that by using a sound card and disabling the onboard sound.

Last edited:
Back