bad 3930k?

tunatime

Well...OK
so i shut my pc off the other day and i couldn't get back in to windows. so i try safe mode starts loading windows and the screen just goes blank, try repair same thing and i was having trouble getting in to bios, so i did the stander ts step pull all ram sticks but 1 etc try a other set of ram same thing then it stooped posting whit code 00 so i said f it and order a evga dark mb and im getting the same thing cant install windows and bois only comes up 1/10 times and when i try to install windows i see the loading screen then the flag start to come up then the pc just locks up and i have to kill power.

any suggestions on what it could be? and are they are test i can run to try to rule out the cpu? i tried every thing whit this mb to 2 sets of ram in all the slots tried upping the v a litle on v core and running the cpu at 1200mhz same thing

what are the odds i have a new bad mb? Amazon shipped it in a box whit no padding just a box whit the mb box tossed in

When you say it stopped posting, do you mean it stopped posting at all or do you mean hanging during system initialization? If it's the latter, it sounds much like you could have a hdd/ssd in it's final death throws, even if it's not the system drive. They can cause all of those symptoms. Try disconnecting all drives and see if the posting process speeds up, possibly try a known good drive that is not currently in use in that pc.

it does it whit no drives in to. my old asrock was going bad first pce2 stopped working then it some sata ports went out then a month later this happen and wouldn't even try to post would throw code 00 right away so i said f it and bought a new mb and a new 840 evo ssd.

on the new evga dark it posts every time but i do not get video every time and yes i tried 4 gpus 3 7970s ans a 5770 in all slots and when i try to install windows 7 form 2 usb sticks or try to ues my old ssd and boot to the old windows on it i get the little window balls things and then the screen goes black and nothing happens and trying to install i get windows loading bar then the flags things then black screen, right now im running memtest on a usb drive and 10 mim in and its good but i cant change any of the runs settings so its only using 1 core, is there some thing like a bootable prime 95?

btw cpu never had more then 1.35v on water full load temps never went over 55 gaming temps where in the 40s so its not like i abused it and i think its been stock for the last few months

so wtf could this be im stumped

wtf i can use my usb stick to boot on 2 pcs but i can not get 7 to get to the install screen on this rig i tried 3 iso it just wont work but for fun i made a linuxmint live usb and it booted to it np and it passed 1 hour mem test and iders?

try with bare necessities. A known working Stick of ram, video and boot to a live disk/usb. also maybe try a different PCIe slot for video. ( sounds like you may have done this already )

I'd check with a different PSU as my next step. PSU issues never seem to give me consistent errors so when things don't make sense that's usually where i head :)

Back